2011 model IS-F for sale

_ISF

**Deposit taken 24/7/19**

Hi Guys,

I have decided to sell my IS-F after owning it for 2 years and about 10,000km. I have enjoyed my experience of owning a JDM V8 and also enjoyed the reliability of a Japanese vehicle after owning several VW and Audi's in recent years.

As a car enthusiast, I have a list of cars that I would like to own - so I am selling the IS-F in order to buy another car i have always liked.

Build date:  July 2011 (so it has the factory LSD, more compliant suspension, revised dash cluster with the big tacho, and updated headlights)
Exterior Colour:  Ultrasonic blue
Interior colour:  Black leather with blue stitching
Kilometers Travelled:  54,000km
Engine Modifications: RR Racing ECU tune, customised Xforce Varex exhaust with Smartbox, AFE panel filter, HPS intake hose
Power: Makes 265kw at the wheels with the current setup (i have dyno sheets). Stock was 235kw at the wheels.
Exterior Modifications: VLand tail lights, Front grill plastidipped black to remove the ghastly chrome, 15mm wheel spacers (good quality German made spacers, not cheap Chinese junk), BaysonR front lip, Carbon rear window spoiler. Windows were tinted shortly after i purchased the car in 2017.

Service records:  The car has been over-serviced since my ownership, but with it's original owner it has missed 1x service. Brake disks and brake pads were replaced just after i bought the car so they are approx 10,000km old (DBA slotted and drilled rotors and Bremtec pads). Diff oil replaced December 2018 (genuine Lexus LSD diff oil). I have done 5x oil changes in the 2 years i have owned the car (1x official mechanic log book service and 4x DIY oil changes).

Cons: It has missed 1x service with the original owner, but i have over-serviced it since my ownership with all services photographed, documented and receipts kept. It has also had 1x official log book service since my ownership to keep the log book stamped as appropriate. There is a small mark on the bonnet where it appears a bird poo was left on for too long by the original owner. I have always intended to have the bonnet repainted but never got around to it as its just a small cosmetic blemish.

The car has been extremely well looked after under my ownership, always driven like a baby for a good 10 mins until everything is nicely warmed up and always hand washed and polished/waxed on a regular basis. Only driven a few times a week and kept in the garage at home when not being driven. Serviced every 6 months despite only having been driven about 3,000kms in that time frame. Brand new tyres fitted on the front about 6 weeks ago, rear tyres have another 5,000-7,000kms in them.

Nothing beats the beautiful sound of this Japanese V8, and with the addition of the Xforce Varex exhaust and intake it makes it even better. Plenty of power when you put your foot down, and docile when you're driving around town. Fuel economy varies depending on your right foot of course, but expect around 9-10L per 100km on the highway, and around 16-18L per 100km around town. This car has been 100% reliable since i have owned it and never missed a beat or let me down.

The aftermarket exhaust (which has cost me about $4k all up) fitted and customised to suit this car can be adjusted at your wish to be almost as quiet as stock, or you can open the valves and have the V8 roar. The Varex Smartbox system fitted to this car also allows you to fine tune the sound and volume of the exhaust to suit your preferences.

$51,490 ONO but I am open to sensible offers and would love for it to go to another enthusiast.

Message or call me if you have any questions. 042two 2four7 eight31

I would prefer to sell the car as is, but can remove the exhaust and certain other items if the buyer does not want these items.

Lexus1.jpg

Lexus engine.jpg

Lexus with Fog 2_May 2018.jpg

IMG_1099.JPG

Lexus3.jpg

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

I wish I wasn't retired and my tatts tickets were winners 😃

Ive been following your posts, good luck with the sale, wish it was coming to me 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 6:16 AM, bazzle said:

I wish I wasn't retired and my tatts tickets were winners 😃

Ive been following your posts, good luck with the sale, wish it was coming to me 👍

Thanks mate - yes i would really like it to go to an enthusiast who will continue to look after it in a similar manner.

2 hours ago, ilv1004s said:

clean as GLWS

Cheers mate - new pics added which were taken late yesterday afternoon. Some of them are a bit dark so ill get some more this coming weekend with better light.

• 3 weeks later...

Deposit taken today - first person who actually came to look at the car bought it. He is also a car enthusiast and has promised to take good care of her. Sydney folks might see my car rolling around the north shore from now on.

It's been a fantastic car and ill be sad to see it drive off with someone else, but you got to do what you got to do. I will be buying another car i have always liked (not Lexus), although a good deal cheaper than the IS-F so the extra money will be going off the mortgage.

1 hour ago, _ISF said:

Deposit taken today

Grats on the sale mate! I dread the day I part with mine.

Out of curiosity, how many interested buyers did you have over the month or so? I assume the market for these cars isn't exactly "bustling".

On 7/24/2019 at 6:16 PM, choppyshrimp said:

Grats on the sale mate! I dread the day I part with mine.

Out of curiosity, how many interested buyers did you have over the month or so? I assume the market for these cars isn't exactly "bustling".

I had quite a bit of interest on mine. I had it advertised on Facebook marketplace for about a month and on here (waste of time on here due to such low traffic and most users already have an IS-F) and had i think 4 or 5 people contact me through Facebook about it. Nobody serious though...lowballers, tyre kickers and people wanting swaps etc.

Then 2 weeks ago i decided to get a bit more serious and put it on CarSales. My first inquiry came in about 4 hours after my ad was approved and i had about 6-7 inquiries over the 2 weeks. The problem with selling a car privately is always getting someone to actually come and have a look at the car, especially when i live in Newcastle and pretty much every inquiry i had was from someone in Sydney or Melbourne or Brisbane.

Anyway, late last week i got an inquiry from a guy in Sydney, who asked a few things about the car, then arranged to come up and have a look/drive etc this week. And he loved it and gave me a deposit there and then. The sale is still pending while he finalises his finance, but he assures me all would be ok.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, _ISF said:

I had quite a bit of interest on mine.

That's great, honestly didn't think that many people jumped on these. Surprised Carsales wasn't the first thing you did, Facebook/Gumtree is full of time wasters and I can only imagine how difficult it'd be to sell a car like this through those platforms, I think they're more suited for trashed commies lol. NSW seems to always have the best vehicles up for sale, I had to get mine from Sydney (living in Melbourne). Out of curiosity, are you moving onto now?

On 7/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, choppyshrimp said:

That's great, honestly didn't think that many people jumped on these. Surprised Carsales wasn't the first thing you did, Facebook/Gumtree is full of time wasters and I can only imagine how difficult it'd be to sell a car like this through those platforms, I think they're more suited for trashed commies lol. NSW seems to always have the best vehicles up for sale, I had to get mine from Sydney (living in Melbourne). Out of curiosity, are you moving onto now?

I have decided to downgrade - simply to put some extra cash on the mortgage as i don't need a car at all. So i have given myself a budget of approx $20k and am looking at the Subaru Liberty GT Tuned by STI which i have always liked ever since they were brand new. I have never owned a Subaru, but have always wanted a WRX, so the Liberty is basically a classier (but heavier) WRX with a bit of extra weight.

1 hour ago, rakddon said:

Maybe a 350?

If they offered a manual in the IS350 F Sport then i would have perhaps considered one, but they don't exactly raise my pulse otherwise. I miss turbo and manual so that's what I am going back to for now.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:59 PM, _ISF said:

I have decided to downgrade - simply to put some extra cash on the mortgage as i don't need a car at all. So i have given myself a budget of approx $20k and am looking at the Subaru Liberty GT Tuned by STI which i have always liked ever since they were brand new. I have never owned a Subaru, but have always wanted a WRX, so the Liberty is basically a classier (but heavier) WRX with a bit of extra weight.

Congrats on the "pending sale", hopefully the buyer pulls through and its not a waste of your time.

Yeah subies are good, i had a WRX prior to the ISF for over a decade, modified the hell out of it.  Good little 4cyl on steroids.  Things started to break a fair but but then again mine began to age and it was heavily modified so no surprise.  Im sure if i left it standard, it would probably still be running well and reliably.

Yeah Liberty GT's are nice.  Sure, its not like an ISF but for a downgrade, its a good compromise and AWD grip is great.  If you get bored, being turbo as you know its so much easier to make power.  Probably wont be long before you miss it and you start with an exhaust, bigger turbo etc haha.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:13 AM, BLK ISF said:

Congrats on the "pending sale", hopefully the buyer pulls through and its not a waste of your time.

Yeah subies are good, i had a WRX prior to the ISF for over a decade, modified the hell out of it.  Good little 4cyl on steroids.  Things started to break a fair but but then again mine began to age and it was heavily modified so no surprise.  Im sure if i left it standard, it would probably still be running well and reliably.

Yeah Liberty GT's are nice.  Sure, its not like an ISF but for a downgrade, its a good compromise and AWD grip is great.  If you get bored, being turbo as you know its so much easier to make power.  Probably wont be long before you miss it and you start with an exhaust, bigger turbo etc haha.

Thanks mate - the IS-F is now paid for in full and will be picked up on Monday. I have enjoyed the IS-F and my first experience with a V8, but really want to take a good chunk out of the mortgage over the next 5 years so the expensive (and rarely used) toy had to go.

My replacement car is a 2008 Subaru Liberty GT Tuned by STI with 94,000km. One owner, in very good condition and all original. A much cheaper car, yet it will still satisfy my car enthusiast needs of wanting a fun to drive and somewhat rare car. I will do some mods to it (i can never leave any car alone) over my ownership time.