Hi All,

I am interested in purchasing a IS250 Prestige w/Enhancement Pack, but was a little disappointed to find out that the DVD player does not work while the car is in motion. It has been mentioned on the UK Forums that this can be bypassed with a wiring hack but no mention as to how to actually do it. Can anyone shed some light on this topic as any help would be appriciated!

Hi All,

I am interested in purchasing a IS250 Prestige w/Enhancement Pack, but was a little disappointed to find out that the DVD player does not work while the car is in motion. It has been mentioned on the UK Forums that this can be bypassed with a wiring hack but no mention as to how to actually do it. Can anyone shed some light on this topic as any help would be appriciated!

send me your PM to sales(nospam)@timeless(nospam).net.au remove(nospam). I have the pdf file

• 1 year later...

Guys,

I have been searching for a while for a solution to this Navigation system/dvd hack. The UK and US sites have many posts but i am not sure if they work on the Australian models. I have just found out to day that NAM Electronics at Marrickville have managed to do that hack so it might be worth while giving them a call.... I will keep you guys posted...

Guys,

I have been searching for a while for a solution to this Navigation system/dvd hack. The UK and US sites have many posts but i am not sure if they work on the Australian models. I have just found out to day that NAM Electronics at Marrickville have managed to do that hack so it might be worth while giving them a call.... I will keep you guys posted...

Please do :P

Yep. The Hack is currently the only way to do it.

But contact these guys Advanced Ice http://www.advancedice.com.au/index.php as they seem to be coming up with new add-ons all the time.

Contacted them last week and they said they will have out (by the end of the year) an adapter so you can plug in an external hard drive or flash drive (USB connection) and hence play your music via the car's system. Hence thousands of songs to play. Goodbye CDs. :-)

Guys,

Just to confirm my earlier post, NAM at Marrickville do the hack and get everything working. there is two hacks they do, one for the dvd, bluetooth phone functions and other is for the sat nav itself...the dvd hack allows you play dvd's while driving and the sat nav hack allows you to input addresses while driving. however the Nav hack requires a switch installed but apparently it works perfect. the cost for the dvd hack is $300 (quoted over the phone). i have not done mine yet but thinking about it, although i am very sure they copied the hack from one of these fourms even the switch part...i came across this somewhere on the UK forums or other Lexus forums..I will check the link and post it

and here it is http://www.infoarena.com/lexus/navhack/

I ma really interested if anyone has done this on their own, it seems very simple but i am lame when it comes to electronics...please let me know...

• 2 months later...
Guys,

Just to confirm my earlier post, NAM at Marrickville do the hack and get everything working. there is two hacks they do, one for the dvd, bluetooth phone functions and other is for the sat nav itself...the dvd hack allows you play dvd's while driving and the sat nav hack allows you to input addresses while driving. however the Nav hack requires a switch installed but apparently it works perfect. the cost for the dvd hack is $300 (quoted over the phone). i have not done mine yet but thinking about it, although i am very sure they copied the hack from one of these fourms even the switch part...i came across this somewhere on the UK forums or other Lexus forums..I will check the link and post it

and here it is http://www.infoarena.com/lexus/navhack/

I ma really interested if anyone has done this on their own, it seems very simple but i am lame when it comes to electronics...please let me know...

Hi, do you know where at Marrickville this place called NAM is?

Do you have contact details as well as estimated costs?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Interesting reading about these hacks. But does it void the warranty?

plain and simple......yes...yes it does, so if your bluetooth or sat nav unit *BLEEP* themselves, good luck, sat nav unit costs a bit lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Interesting reading about these hacks. But does it void the warranty?

plain and simple......yes...yes it does, so if your bluetooth or sat nav unit *BLEEP* themselves, good luck, sat nav unit costs a bit lol

Both the sat nav in my IS, and my friends have sh*t themselves - for no reason. Both cars are 6 months old. To replace them are $7000each - they are being covered under warranty. I ALMOST had my DVD player hacked.

Moral of the story - DONT VOID YOUR WARRANTY WITH HOTWIRING!

• 1 month later...

I'm not advising for or against, but I did the hack myself without any problems whatsoever. I fitted bullet connectors to all cut wires so it can be easily reversed, and even fitted the switch for the additional GPS hack. Yes, the warranty for my audio/GPS system is now void but I personally felt it was worth the risk. I'm a tragic hacker with any electronic device I own and have never been afraid to pull something apart. My wife now wants me to hack her RX350, but I haven't found a definitive wiring guide yet.

I'm not advising for or against, but I did the hack myself without any problems whatsoever. I fitted bullet connectors to all cut wires so it can be easily reversed, and even fitted the switch for the additional GPS hack. Yes, the warranty for my audio/GPS system is now void but I personally felt it was worth the risk. I'm a tragic hacker with any electronic device I own and have never been afraid to pull something apart. My wife now wants me to hack her RX350, but I haven't found a definitive wiring guide yet.

korvan,

I agree with you, it is quite a straight forward and safe hack to do! I think that alot of the guys and gals out there, (including myself i might add), are worried if something unrelated goes wrong. ( Hence im working on the reversible / undetectable method ) (HOPEFULLY) In doing the hack for the IS, did you work out your own method by the schematics that landed in the forums, or the procedure that the guys posted on CL??

What System does the wifes RX350 have??

I will try to have a dig around for u!!

its quite an easy hack to do, i don't think the actual hack itself is the hard part. for me it was getting it all apart to access the back without scratching anything.

but did it over 2 years ago and been smiling since, and so have the passengers........

In doing the hack for the IS, did you work out your own method by the schematics that landed in the forums, or the procedure that the guys posted on CL??

What System does the wifes RX350 have??

I found a post on the US CL forums, including photos, simply explaining and showing the wires involved in the hack. I figured there was at least no harm in checking the wiring on mine to see if it matched, and it did. I PDF'd a copy of the article if anyone's interested.

The RX350 has an almost identical system (we both bought in late '07), but I haven't yet had a look at pulling it out to see if the wiring matches. If it does, hopefully it's as straightforward as my IS was. If not, I'll still see if I can trace the wiring to establish which ones match the wires I had to mod in the IS.

Hey Korvan,

If the miss'ssssss car has near the same setup, and you not sure, you already have the pictorial on the hack so that you can compare, do you also want the schematics to help you better make a decision? The schematic is PDF doc, colour coded, with pin and plug reference numbers. Also tells you what each wire does so that you can make an educated decision if U not sure!

PM me if you want a copy! (if you don't already have it that is!!)

ProjectIS

• 11 years later...
On 8/12/2008 at 4:54 AM, korvan said:

Hey I have an 07 and what to do it can u step by step for me sir...thanks