Trying To Decide...bmw Or Altezza

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been looking for a new ride, and it has come down to either a Rs200 or a similar priced 3 series... really keen on the Altezza - however cant overlook the BMW's reputation...

Just thought you guys might be able to help me out on this desicion .. e.g if you've had compared Altezzas to BMW's before, etc what are your thoughts...

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been looking for a new ride, and it has come down to either a Rs200 or a similar priced 3 series... really keen on the Altezza - however cant overlook the BMW's reputation...

Just thought you guys might be able to help me out on this desicion .. e.g if you've had compared Altezzas to BMW's before, etc what are your thoughts...

Thanks.

Hi Earl

If I were you, I would go to Toyota Dealership wherever in NZ. and purchase the RS 200 as my new ride.

the reason why you come to here, I might think, you like Toyota, also you love Altezza :)

make your decision and join us, you will surely get a lot of funny here.

Be happy

by the way: about the BMW reputation, Matt has some experience to tell us (Matt, tell us about the BMW` s seat :D )

Tian

Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

BMW? What is it? Never heard of it! BMW is a swear word in my books...the reliability of an BMW is so bad that you might have to spend months in the dealership every year, and don't metion the service...BMW is continue to Kill itself becaause they want a bigger market, yes BMW is a great car!!! (20 Years ago) todays BMW has no longer has the same standard as the old BMW's, most of those are not even made in Germany. Anyway the story is that if you buy a BMW get of of here and goodluck!

Matt :D

PS - and no I m not BullS*ting and welcome to the club.

i've read in a car magazine that, the altezza was put out to compete with BMWs in the euro market.

is the BMW you're talkin about the new or the old model?

if its the old model, i'd get altezza man, newer car, newer technology wahaha :-- p

Decided today.. - on Monday, I will be the proud owner of a 1999 Rs200Z.. got a nice deal for it too but had minor factory 17" curb damage and missing back seat head rest, cigg lighter and front lights (the small ones at the bottom). Dont mind about the alloys but does anyone know where to get parts for an Altezza headrest etc? :huh:

Thanks for all your inputs by the way.

Also gotta figure out how to get the GPS unit to work (if its possible)....

Henry :D

Decided today.. - on Monday, I will be the proud owner of a 1999 Rs200Z.. got a nice deal for it too but had minor factory 17" curb damage and missing back seat head rest, cigg lighter and front lights (the small ones at the bottom). Dont mind about the alloys but does anyone know where to get parts for an Altezza headrest etc?  :huh:

Henry  :D

nice one. Must be something in the air bro coz I just bought mine last Wednesday...1998 RS200Z.

Fresh import (still had jap CD's in the CD player...?) and completely straight. HKS muffler/exhaust manifold and lowered on HKS springs. Sounds and looks racey, but more important it drives fantastic. The girlfriend has a sweet '94 Honda Integra Vtec 5 sp manual, and so she loves the Altezza too (bonus).

Best of all, it's black. Haven't seen many other black ones here in WGT so I'm feeling pretty cool (so far)...yeehar ! B)

Decided today.. - on Monday, I will be the proud owner of a 1999 Rs200Z.. got a nice deal for it too but had minor factory 17" curb damage and missing back seat head rest, cigg lighter and front lights (the small ones at the bottom). Dont mind about the alloys but does anyone know where to get parts for an Altezza headrest etc?  :huh:

Henry  :D

nice one. Must be something in the air bro coz I just bought mine last Wednesday...1998 RS200Z.

Fresh import (still had jap CD's in the CD player...?) and completely straight. HKS muffler/exhaust manifold and lowered on HKS springs. Sounds and looks racey, but more important it drives fantastic. The girlfriend has a sweet '94 Honda Integra Vtec 5 sp manual, and so she loves the Altezza too (bonus).

Best of all, it's black. Haven't seen many other black ones here in WGT so I'm feeling pretty cool (so far)...yeehar ! B)

Welcome to the site mate, enjoy and welcome...

Matt :D

The engine is in good condition and the car drives sweet...photos soon.

The only things missing are the missing backseat headrests and the front fog lights. Was just wondering if all Altezzas came with the fog lights or just as an option?

Will go looking for them next week.