Speaker Questions

Can anyone please tell me the factory speaker sizes and or wattage ratings for a 98-2000 RS200. I want to get aftermarket speakers for my current car to directly replace the factory items when I get an RS200, (coz of my age+insurance unfortunately it may be a while, but good things take time)

Hey there

just in the middle of throwing my whole factory system in the rubbish and the rears are 6x9 as Corey said, and wattage are.... wait for it... 15 watts paper cone, genuine crap. :) Fronts are 61/2 inch mounted in a plastic pod about 71/2 inches that require drilling out as they are riveted in place to the door skin.

About the only thing I have to gripe about with the tezza sound system but real easy to work on.

Front wattage about 10watts. Factory tweeters arn't to bad, don't have a wattage on them but they are lieing in the bin as well.

Hope that helps

Shannon

Having traded over to a Gita wagon from a Harrier 6 weeks ago, I'd have to say the only thing that dissapoints me about the Altezza is the sound system . The Harrier's was definately better.

Admittedly the boxier interior of the Harrier probably helped the bass a bit, but it also had a JBL 9 speaker system that sounded pretty smooth at any level that I could stand - I could sit at the lights and watch the windscreen and rear hatch widow vibrate to the beat - a lot of glass area in a Harrier.

jeff

Gita Lspec