Is250 Air Intake

Hey guys,

i took the cover off my engine bay this morning and notice from that and also by looking through the front grill that most of the front grill is blocked off by some plastic

and once i took the engine bay cover off, i notice the port for the air to come into the air box was situated on the top where i would think its not getting much air flow since the front grill is blocked off

am i correct? would removing the stuff blocking the front grill give it better air flow?

heres a pic from sho's is250 showing what i mean, i highlighted what i thought is the intake airway port in red

airport.jpg

cheers

im not talking about removing that thing i circle which is the air scoop

im talking about removing the plastic thing behind the front grill

ill take a pic of the front grill showing the thing thats covering it when i take off the engine bay cover again, its such a PITA

hahahah

I know what you mean now, courtesy of your thread on the other site. Interesting to know. If the scoop is directly behind the plastic bit then i think removing it would be beneficial.

What you can do is saw off some of the plastic, the size of the scoop openning so as to allow direct air flow into the scoop.

• 1 year later...