Can anyone please recommend a reputable seller on ebay for OEM Lexus is250 alloy wheels?

I have seen quite a few on there but I don't know who is trustworthy etc..

If anyone has already purchased a set please let me know what type of wheel it was and how much you paid, including freight..it would be appreciated..cheers

I'm looking at getting some in as well.

I looked on the US eBay and found these guys lexus-parts.com. I also emailed a few of the dealers in California and these guys were almost US$600 cheaper for the wheels I want however their shipping is quite expensive so I found a customs brokers who arranges everything and delivers to your door for the same price.

If you're interested let me know and perhaps they will do a deal if we purchase 2 sets.

I bought my set of 18" OZ racing rims and dunlop direzza tyres from the US and the shipping came to about $350 fed ex to the my home door in 5 days. Very good. I would take art_76 advice and buy from a lexus dealer. You don't want to end up with replicas that are cheap alloy and heavy.

All up including Aus taxes and customs duty the full package still came in around 50% cheaper than the best price I could get here so it's definitely worth doing.

Also a tip is to buy the rims with a good set of Donlup/Bridgestone/Pirelli tyres aswell. The tyres are significantly cheaper in the US. Have them shipped fitted to the rim.

I bought my set of 18" OZ racing rims and dunlop direzza tyres from the US and the shipping came to about $350 fed ex to the my home door in 5 days.

ozis250, I have been getting quotes from FedEx, and UPS and they are more than triple that to ship for a set of OEM 18s from the sports with Bridgestone’s (posted from LA). I have had somebody selling on ebay weigh one wheel (with a Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyre), and he said it was about 40 lbs (or 18 Kg). From FedEx and UPS both are over $770 US (about $930 Au) to post 160 lbs to Sydney.

How did you manage $350 AU?

I just bought mine from a private seller in Atlanta, Georgia. His feedback was excellent and there were no probs. I paid $US600 for a set of four 18 inch Sport rims.

Organise your freight thru UPS or FedEx. I used BAX Global (a mate's account) and only paid about $US 250 from door to door. :)

Also a tip is to buy the rims with a good set of Donlup/Bridgestone/Pirelli tyres aswell. The tyres are significantly cheaper in the US. Have them shipped fitted to the rim.

If you do that you'll pay a whole lot more for freight, as they obviously wont fit in the standard boxes the wheels come in. Whether the saving on tyres is worth the extra freight is debatable imo.

I'm also pretty sure that fitting imported US spec tyres is actually illegal in Australia - that's why Jap spec imports have to be fitted with Australian-spec tyres when they're complied. Your risk in an accident...

I like the 18s oem rims but now not sure as they are quite common...

CIMG1917.jpg

I don't know might wait and see what alternatives exist.

I bought my set of 18" OZ racing rims and dunlop direzza tyres from the US and the shipping came to about $350 fed ex to the my home door in 5 days.

ozis250, I have been getting quotes from FedEx, and UPS and they are more than triple that to ship for a set of OEM 18s from the sports with Bridgestone’s (posted from LA). I have had somebody selling on ebay weigh one wheel (with a Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyre), and he said it was about 40 lbs (or 18 Kg). From FedEx and UPS both are over $770 US (about $930 Au) to post 160 lbs to Sydney.

How did you manage $350 AU?

Hi,

I got them from Tirerack....a large wheel and tyre chain in the US. Goto www.tirerack.com for details. For some reason there shipping worldwide is much cheaper than the ebay sellers. It's likely because they have such buying power and large volumns that they get these woldwide shipping rates. I purchased further items from them and their shipping was half of the ebay sellers.

As for the tyres, if there's any concern buy them here in Australia. Otherwise suggest buying same spec tyres that are the same ones imported into Australia.

PM me if you would like further details.