My drivers seat is rattling like mad, especially when i go around bends.

Has anyone got this problem, particularly interested in the 07 models owners as i heard they've addressed the issue (mine is Dec 06) and have you taken it back to the dealers?

I am reallt reluctant to take it back to the dealer due to bad experience with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Which dealer did u bring your car back to get fixed?

Maybe i can go to your one as i don't think i can trust mine (@ Paramatta).

• 1 month later...

Is it still under warranty? If so, take the car to a dealership, show them the problem and it should be replaced under warranty

• 2 weeks later...

You can't trust your dealer? What have they done?

I think Peter and the boys at Parramatta are great. I am onto my third Lexus from Parramatta Lexus with a deposit for my fourth and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

Seat Rattles are due to nylon mounting washers being left in by the Factory:The "Fix" is simple removal.

Tel :rolleyes:

Hi Art_76

Just interested......

What models have you had? Colours?? How long do you keep them and most importantly what have you ordered?????

Hi Art_76

Just interested......

What models have you had? Colours?? How long do you keep them and most importantly what have you ordered?????

Hi Lexy

I have had 2 IS200's Sports Luxury both black but wouldn't get another black, too high maintenance for me.

At the moment a silver IS250 Sports Luxury and hoping to take delivery of a blue IS-F in November.

The rougue washers are fitted in between the seat floor bolts causing the seat to "rattle &/or creek":known fix in the UK.

Tel

If the washer removal has been missed on your car(?) then you simply remove the seat rail plastic covers & then take-out the seat mounting bolts BUT the seat is very heavy & has to be electrically disconnected if required------the Dealer can so easily check assuming he has not already done so.

Tel

• 1 month later...

Not only common for the is250, but many Lexus vehicles. I had recurring seat squeak (is250) and later, a creak on the right side of the seat (when leaving the car). There is a Lexus service bulletin out of the States (#NV001-06) that Ive given to my dealer to help fix the problem (sorry I dont have the link). It was fixed and then a week later started up again!

There are two causes - 1. as discussed remnant plastic washers, 2; loose pins and bolts on the track beneath the seat. For mine (its in the dealer today for its 30k service, plus a few other little niggles including the seat) I think its the latter - and the tech didnt tighten enough.

By tightening these, you'll get a better driving feel too as that 'latency' between the car and the driver is eliminated again. You'll notice a difference!