Bought the X today, although, $1100 for the rear boot spoiler??? I almost fell off my chair.

Has anyone got any recommendations on who I can contact to get this for a reasonable price?

keep your eye out on us ebay. theres always one on there. even with the dodgy exchange rate you'll find it's still cheaper than 1100.

Congrats on the purchase. For the little piece on the boot and they are asking for 1100? for a couple more hundreds i could get a set of 18s (wheels and tyres) for my car. hmmm no thanks.

Bought the X today, although, $1100 for the rear boot spoiler??? I almost fell off my chair.

Has anyone got any recommendations on who I can contact to get this for a reasonable price?

Congratulations on your new X lots of fun

I get all my accessories through sewell lexus in the states did some pricing

Genuine lexus boot lid pre painted to colour is $300 us delivered to your door thats brisbanes price maybe a little extra going to sydney or Melbourne

Still cheap by far than $1100 exchange rate is $446 AUS.

SEWELL LEXUS BOOT LID

I was having a close look at an IS-F parked @ work and I was trying to workout other then the obvious, what was it that gave it such an all round complete look. (If that makes sense)!!

- Side skirts are the same untill it wrapped up to the front quarter

- Front bumper/spoiler completely different

- Front grill slightly different

- Bonnet (Beefy).... I Like!!!

- Sharks fin on the roof ( I like, but pretty sure everyone will think that im trying to copy a Beema just like the Halo's!!)

- Boot lid lip........... Am I correct in saying that it is different to the tradidional ISx?!?!?

I've gotta say that I really liked it. It seemed that it was mounted all the way up on the boot.(Didn't come close to the Lexus badge). Really completed the look I thought!!

Wonder if that could be sourced or am I just dreaming and it is the same!!

No I don't think you're dreaming, I seen these online, i think in the Sewell site.

I'm not sure which one I prefer, the F where it sits on top of the boot, or the genuine IS where it wraps around the logo.

Just gotta find the right price.

• 5 weeks later...
i got mine painted and delivered off ebay for $280. looks good and fits good :)

Did you fit the spoiler yourself or get it done professionally? Is it as easy as double sided tape or is it screwed on?

I also enquired about the ISF spoiler at Chatswood and they said that it probably wouldn't fit on the IS because it's a different boot. Looking at it closely it doesn't look different at all and find that hard to believe. Any info on this? They also said they didn't have any pricing on any ISF parts and probaly wouldn't till next year. Seen a Black ISF the other day on Sunnyholt road at Parklea; the boot spoiler would look great on the X, I like it how it just sits on top and doesn't wrap around the logo.

I know that Sewell are selling them painted for $425 (US) / $650 (Aus), I didn't want to get it in from O/s if it wasn't going to fit. I'll have to look into it a bit more.

I know that Sewell are selling them painted for $425 (US) / $650 (Aus), I didn't want to get it in from O/s if it wasn't going to fit. I'll have to look into it a bit more.

Does anyone know which US colours correspond to the Aus colours?

I like the IS-F spoiler much better than the normal one...

Art - to check just open the front passenger door. There is a sticker low down that has colour code. Check it against the colour code on Sewell's website.

For people with black the code changed for the 2007 onwards from 202 (Onyx) to 212 (Obsidian) although Lexus Aust. still refer to it on their website/brochure as Onyx - it is definitely Obsidian 07 on.

Also, anybody buying from Sewell you can always use the promotion code CLUBLEXUS to get a discount. The IS F spoiler is $374 (USD) instead of $425.

Hey Franky,

Found this DIY for the IS-F boot lid spoiler. It does originally use studs to bolt it down, but this guy has cut the bolts off and D/S'ed it on.

Anyway, here is a few pics. I won't post the whole DIY here!! We can post our own one up as soon as one of us gets one!!!

DIY07.jpg

DIY08.jpg

DIY13.jpg

DIY15.jpg

And here is something completely different!....Never thought that I would see this on an IS or any Lexus for that matter..... I must say that I haven't seen it before!!

_schubert_is250_02f.jpg

_trc_lexus_is220d_250_350_19f.jpg

i quite like it but a little too boy racer for a lexus????

Hey mate,

There wasn't much to it. The pics that I added are basically the main bits to be considerd. After grinding the metal threaded studds off, and cutting the plastic clips off, he stuck adhesive sponge on over where the studs were inorder to fully prevent it from touching the paintwork. He then put a heap of D/S tape on to make sure that it stuck on well.(in a nut shell)!!

Look, I will dig up the page again and post the link up soon.

• 1 month later...

Just fyi, I bought my spoiler around a year ago from Sewell Lexus via ebay and Lexus Newcastle happily fitted it for me free of charge(!) at my first service. I showed it to them when I went in, they were amazed at the price, and I asked them if they'd fit it for me fully expecting there would be a labour charge of a couple of hundred on the bill for doing so, in fact I thought they'd probably rape me on the labour considering I didn't buy it from them.

Well lo' and behold they did it for free, I was so bloody happy and can't recommened their service department enough after that effort. :)

Well the IS-F wasn't out a year ago so I think you could put the house on it being the stock Sports one. ;)

Actually, the IS-F was released to the Japanese market place late 2007 and then released in the US early 2008 so.........valid question!

I would say that FrankyX had asked this because the IS-F boot spoiler actually is more involved to install as mentioned earlier in this topic.

Threaded studs need to be cut and different methods trialled in order to get a satisfactory result. The IS-X (oem or 3rd party is a D/S tape install).