Model Differentiation...what To Buy.

I did the HID mod a few months back and the line of the lights is quite good. Anyone is going to get blinded from a car coming up a hill. I'm really happy with the set up.

And no, they do not have washers as standard. You could get a full mod done by Lexus which I would assume would cost $1000+.

One thing that sh1ts me is when you see commodores or rav4 with a HID mod. They are way too bright as the headlights are huge and the output is much greater. The IS250 is really good with the output.

I had my HID digital Kits installed on the Low Beam and Fog Light 3 months ago

and the light are a lot brighter than that stupid Halogen bulb. The light looks so good that I get a lot of eye catching from non-hid Lexus owner.

I got mine from this company. http://www.kbcarstuff.com/HID_Kits_s/216.htm.

Lexus named the headlamp washer as the "Adaptive Front-Lighting System" (AFS) that allows you to litterally see around corners. By determining the turning from the car's speed and steering angle, the system then redirects the headlamps accordingly for your night driving. It's only available in the Sports Luxury model.

I have asked the Lexus dealer regarding the price and they qoute it $10,000 for the whole installation...F*** that...I could use that money on the Supercharger.....

Ken, you better off just install the HID kit.... It very easy to install as well...Lots of people have post on the forum on how to install HID kit.

cheers, Brandon

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Do your non luxury models have auto levelling when you first switch on the lights? i.e. move up and down?

Did you guys put in 4300K?

$10000 to convert to OEM Lexus HID for a prestige model???

Thanks.

I know that you can manual move the light up and down for all is250 modle. The lexus dealer recommended that you should set the level to 0 as other level with blind the incoming car.

I got the 6000K for the low beam and 8000K for the fog light.

Hi,

If I went with Phillips 4300K D2S bulbs on a prestige IS250 with an aftermarket ballasts etc will the output be as good and look OEM as the Lexus IS250 Luxury model?

Thanks,

Kenn.

Kenn,

Prestige model use H11 bulb type not D2S bulb. The D2S bulb is only available on the Sport Luxury model.

And like Akuma said, 4300K is the closet colour temperature to the Sport Luxury model.

I can post some of my pics for the 6000K and 8000K if you want to see it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics guys.

Akuma: is yours in the pic 4300K? What HID kit is it?

Also will we blind oncoming drivers since they are not auto-levelling like the sports and sports luxury models? Do the prestige come with headlight washers?

Thanks,

Kenn.

No headlight washers on the prestige.

I've got aftermarket HIDs and I don't think it blinds others. You can still manually adjust them from within the cabin with that little switch near the footlwell, if you have to. Given I don't carry many people in the back, or huge loads, I hardly ever need to adjust it.

Thanks for the reply. Do think putting in an aftermarket 4300K HID on the prestige will look as good as the OEM sports luxury model? i.e. the light output and cut off.

Hey FrankyX! That looks awesome on your ride. What kit did you get? Who fitted it for you? What sort of cost are we looking at :)

I found a local Sydney distributor who was happy to meet up and sell a kit. He supplies the majority of Auto Electricians around the city & suburbs.

Arco Imports / HID Lighting

1300 775 359

You can purchase directly off the website or meet up with him. Prices are reasonable.

I ended up going with the 6000k 35w Slim Digital Ballast. Next, i'll do my fogs.

I have attached a list of the main features of the 3 models.

I have a 2008 sports with enhancement pack, which means it has everything a sports luxury has but the leather. In compensation you have the 18' wheels.

'Alcantara' is a type of leather....mainly used on sports cars......and it costs more to produce than leather so i was told. 18' wheels is a must!

They don't make the sports model no more, new sports model is a prestige with sports package. It felt a lot cheaper and lighter after I have test drove it.......anyway, good luck with your choice

lexus.pdf

I have attached a list of the main features of the 3 models.

I have a 2008 sports with enhancement pack, which means it has everything a sports luxury has but the leather. In compensation you have the 18' wheels.

'Alcantara' is a type of leather....mainly used on sports cars......and it costs more to produce than leather so i was told. 18' wheels is a must!

Not really, the sports doesn't have the power rear blind, or radar cruise control etc. I'm sure there's a few more things SL has over the sports too...

And in regards to alcantara, it is not a type of leather at all. It's actually a textile synthetic fabric, composed of 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane :ph34r: Not saying it's a bad material. it's quite upmarket like leather, Lambos use alcantara in their interiors.

Slightly off topic, but the prestige has the worst wheels ever! I hate them! They're disgusting! For a car that costs short of 60K you'd expect something better than 16" too... I'm planning on replacing mine with some 20" Gianelle Cairo rims soon: :)

gianelle_cairo_blackmachined.jpg

:) Hi Solirossi, i would go for the sports as it looks great with the 18inch wheels and lowered sports suspension. Ive looked on carsales and seen some good prices with low kms.

Hi All,

Iv currently got an is200, its been great, had if for a few years. Now looking to give that to my wife and purchase a used is250.

Iv been on redbook and looking through carsales to get an idea of what is out there.

can you tell me the main differances between the

Sports Luxury

Sports with enhancment pack

Prestige with enhancment pack.

I guess what would i miss out on if i got the prestige with the enhancment pack as opposed to the enhanced sports or the full blown sports lucury.

Do they also ride the same? Or is the sports the hardest ride?

I notice the wheels are differing sizes, the X sounds like a good option but there are no used ones iv seen as yet.

Im probably 5 or 6 months away from getting it, so am in the real early stages of working out what to go for.

Any other tips you could give me would begreat.

Ta.

• 2 weeks later...

Your info is great guys, still waiting to go on holiday and then purchase something on return....

I noticed on carsales yesterday.....06 prestige with 60k's for $33k!!

an 06 SL with 100km's was $38k!

Both pretty great prices.

Cant wait to be able to get one.