Hello everyone,

I'm from Melbourne, just bought a 2006 prestige 2weeks ago with 15000kms on the clock.

I would like to install a original Nav system so it able to integrate with the reverse camera upon request from my wife,

the reason is she just got her driver license.

Are there anyone here can tell me what sort of parts it require to change over and work as like lux/sport console?

Spoke to lexus parts centre, they just said the prestige are not equipt with this feature. Therefore I can't purchase the upgrade for this model.

That's weird.

Cheers,

Benny

I believe they are built at the factory with the touch screen, camera & wiring etc. It is either impossible or a very expensive exercise to make this happen.

Hi BennyG,

You can buy the oem EMV units from ebay for as low as $3500 approx. Yeh, a retrofit like this is no doubt possible, but is it worth it?!?! As Franky mentioned, the prestige optioned up with the EMV is done in the factory. Yeh, the wiring looms may be there by default, but there is just so much more you need to look into prior to taking on a project like this. I know of someone else that was seriously thinking about undertaking this project, but........................after researching it decided to just sell the car and buy one with it already installed. This to me sounds like the best option. ;)

Yeh, if you really really want the OEM unit, best to sell the car and buy another with one already installed.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the prestige model and it was built at the factory with the touch screen, camera & wiring etc.

It is better off getting the one that already has. Too much trouble trying to install it.