Hey guys,

The last two weeks have been really depressing.

Last week, one of those small trucks sped past when I was driving and something must have fallen out because I heard a small thunk on my passenger side. I didn't think anything of it until when I got home and tried to close my sidemirrors - it kinda shook before it closed. The motor seems alright now since it hasn't done shook but there now is a small scratch on the paint and a bigger scratch on the indicator light of the mirror. I was really pissed off at first but it isn't noticeable unless you know where the scratches are.

However, today I parked in a really tight spot and was really close to the pillar. A few hours later, I was in a hurry and totally forgot how close I was to the pillar and scraped it a bit right above the back fender on the passenger side. It's not really deep but it is freaking noticeable.

I might post pics later since I'm too depressed now.

The question is, anyone know a good, reputable shop in Sydney? I've read that pearl white is quite hard to match and want it done properly.

Thanks guys,

Terry.

Unlucky terry. I havent had this problem yet and i hope i dont get this problem. im sure there is more than a few ppl that could tell you sydney approved data dot repairers.

good luck

So sad to hear. Depending on where you are located in Sydney; I've had a great past experience with Nathan's at Annangrove Road Rouse Hill.

I had a brand new Mazda6 in 2002 and within the first week, i took it to the car wash at Glenwood and they managed to cause $15k worth of damage. I won't go into it too much, but it was smashed up while getting a hot wax.

Anyway, try them, they were good and returned it back brand new. But the feeling was never the same though.

Nathans Smash Repairs

350 Annangrove Rd

Rouse Hill NSW 2155

(02) 9679 1080

Lexus will give you a list of approved repairers; not many shops get approved and from experience (in Melb) they'll do great quality work and treat you well.

The bad news is I've also got the Pearl White and unless it can buff out, they might have to respray a large section of the car since its a very hard colour to match. Its a 3-layer pearl so they have to add quite a thick amount of paint.... first time will be ok but with more repairs you run the risk of "orange peel".

Good news is you'd be surprised what can buff out =)

Hopefully you're insured, if it needs paint then just go through insurance and pay the excess.

I recommend Lingane Auto Body Repairs @ Hornsby. These guys know their stuff, and a sizeable part of their business is classic vehicle restoration. When getting quotes for other jobs on previous cars, I also noticed they didn't cut corners and replaced manufacturer-specified 'single use parts' like certain clips etc that other repairers will often reuse... They actually looked the part details up and noted that the clips etc were single use only - A big plus in my opinion. They also do all sorts of things like plastic welding, paintless dent removal etc.. It's a decently sized workshop. The manager Adam is a genuinely nice bloke, and has a good eye for attention to detail.. You can tell he actually cares about what he does.

On a side note, they have a GS300 about to undergo a repair that took a moderate front end hit - The radar cruise control sensor is a $9000 part, with headlights expected to be around the $4k+ range!

Lingane Auto Body Repairs

LOWER LEVEL 37A KING RD, HORNSBY, NSW, 2077

Phone:phone (02) 9476 1663

I've used Nathans previously for my 06 Maxima, and wasn't too impressed.. Although the sapphire black is a tricky colour to match (at the time there was only one other model with the same pearl, it had to be ordered from overseas at a supposed $800/L!) there were a lot of paint runs around panel edges, and some underspray on certain mountings where the OEM part was painted... Along with a dodgy boot lock install that never ended up matching up, the repair was easily visible, even to an untrained eye. When I enquired as to the quality of the repair, before even leaving the workshop, I was told that I'd have to book it in again for a later date to be fixed!? I got the overall impression & feel that these guys are more a 'volume' workshop just churning out insurance jobs.

My other car which is also white was repaired at Precision Body Repairs in Seven Hills due to an insurance claim.

I've also had my sisters car there for some private work also - Silver car with great results. No runs and thick paint like OEM.

Even though it's not a Lexus they did a very good job blending in the white with the rest of the car I found.

Jeremy is the guy to speak to if your interested.

Precision Body Repairs

67 Powers Rd, Seven Hills NSW 2147(02) 9838 7777‎

My other car which is also white was repaired at Precision Body Repairs in Seven Hills due to an insurance claim.

I've also had my sisters car there for some private work also - Silver car with great results. No runs and thick paint like OEM.

Even though it's not a Lexus they did a very good job blending in the white with the rest of the car I found.

Jeremy is the guy to speak to if your interested.

Precision Body Repairs

67 Powers Rd, Seven Hills NSW 2147(02) 9838 7777‎

they are pretty good but pricey

Paddington Prestige Smash.

I've dealt with them for over 10 years and always been happy with what they do.

http://paddingtonprestige.com.au/about-us

Lexus Factory Recommended

Paddington Prestige have worked hard to build a strong relationship with Sydney City Lexus, and are now a primary partner with Lexus in the Sydney region. Paddington Prestige is commited to the high quality technical, mechanical and customer service standards that Lexus sets. We use manufacturer approved paints, parts and techniques to restore your Lexus back to it's original factory condition.

Hard to go past.