Formula 1 Season 2010

ProjectIS

I had to post tis snippet from a Webber interview published in the Telegraph about how the Chinese GP unfolded..............funny I thought..............Poor Schumie!!!

"In the latter stages of the race Michael Schumacher and I had a competition over who could drive the slowest - which he won - and Vitaly Petrov was able to pass me with just a couple of laps to go". laugh.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well its that time yet again...........................Any predictions for Spain???? We all know that all the serious mods get strapped on now!!

Dis-lex-sic, what you think?? Lets hope that it rains because I really don't want a repeat of Bahrain!!!

Let me see some practice times before I take a "guess" at who may win.

I will predict who will be "most improved" though. I expect Michael Schumacher to beat his team mate and put in his best showing of the year.

P.S

Heaven help anyone that gets in Alonso's way at the start...of his first home GP for Ferrari.

Mate, I am impressed!! Practice 1 has not long concluded & you are on the money........ Michael has indeed got 1 up on Nico..................!! Mclarens so far have a strong showing but no idea of fuel loads yet! (It is only practice 1)

I will check in again soon with my prediction at the end of P3!! (Interested to see how Alonso and Massa go with their version of the F-duct)!!

It's getting abit boring now, with not one driver dominating as much as before during the time of Schuey or just prior (Hami).

Let me begin with..sad.gifsad.gif!

Bloody hell! I cant believe that Lewis got a puncture on the 2nd last lap. Yeah the guy cops heaps for being immature and too aggressive, but no one can tell me this year that he hasn't been fantastic for the sport. He has done some 30 odd overtaking moves, kept up with the Redbulls, even shown tremendous amounts of maturity throughout the year...............the guy well and truely deserved the second last night.(Look at the first corner when he backed off)!! And I know, all you haters are going to say that he pushed his rubber to the limit.................please, just a few laps before he ripped out the races quickest lap............you don't do that on grained up rubber. Anyway, Monaco starts on Thursday biggrin.gif and now back to the victory!!! Well done Webber!!! Absolutely faultless drive. Supreme even. I wish Vettel could bite his pride and give Webber credit!!! Did you see him in the post race press conference! Please..........!!! Minus the last two laps, I enjoyed the race. Sure the overtaking wasn't there, but still a good race.

LDC, im actually loving it because there is no one team or driver dominating at the moment. Imagine if RedBull won every race this season, not my cup of tea especially being a Mclaren fan!! Yes, bring back refueling, yes introduce mandatory pitstops. Add all the things that make this awesome sport unpredictable. (Food for thought, the teams are wanting the twin turbo engines back, Coooooollll!!!)

I see your point, but wait until the later part of the year, I think then we will see some standouts!!!

Anyway, lets see and again, good prediction with Schumie. Definate improvement but still 40 odd seconds off the pace. A way to go I think!!!

I'm used to seeing one person dominating and others catching up. Sort of gives it the extra excitement if you know what i mean. After Schuey it

was Hamilton, then Alonso (or was it the other way around), now it's Webber. but none matches Schuey not even close :ph34r: .

Bloody hell! I cant believe that Lewis got a puncture on the 2nd last lap.

They are saying it was a failure of the rim not a puncture...I think it was a tyre letting go.

And I know, all you haters are going to say that he pushed his rubber to the limit.................please, just a few laps before he ripped out the races quickest lap..........

The quickest lap is the result of the lighter fuel load towards the end of the race.......but you've got to ask why?

When you are no chance of catching Webber for the win and Vettel is no chance of catching you for second....

Why risk it with a fastest lap???

Why not back it off a bit like Webber did? Why?

In reference to Lewis he is like a real life Col Trickle from Days of Thunder the Tom Cruise movie. And I quote:

Harry Hogge: "Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else. If the sum' bitch listened to me we wouldn't hardly ever lose a race!"

Lewis needs Harry Hogge as a manager...hahaha

Look, I will be quick with my reply.

Yes, light fuel load means quick lap..............simple math............but every car had the same fuel load at that stage of the race. I was following the sector times for most of the race, and Webber every so often ensured that he was in the purple for all sectors to ensure he kept the fastest lap. (It would of been a hat trick if he had),(and if you didn't know, quite prestiges for those that claim the spot)!. Lewis only pushed into the 1m24s for that lap and then immediately backed off to pull mid to late 25's again..............sensible.......... As you said, I only read late last night that they are suspecting rim failure, not rubber. At the end of the day, he made no errors, he did not put any other drivers in risk, was only 11 odd seconds from the front runner. There is no justification to Bag him out this time! I didn't even realise that Alonso was in the race until I saw him on the podium!!!!blink.gif And speaking of cocky, Vettel can't even congrat his team mate>>>>!

Hey no bagging of Lewis, he was quick.

As a Mclaren fan I take it you're also supporting Jenson?

He is leading the WDC yet there is more talk about his team mate that is 6th in the WDC, behind Nico Rosberg.

I don't understand that about Mclaren fans. Why do you think there is that disproportionate coverage/support of the team mates?

Yeah, I do support Button due to the fact that a) - He is a Mclaren driver and B) - He can get some good track times given the right equipment. The thing is though, he lacks luster un-like LH. He is the quiet achiever! Does he deserve necessarily to hold the top spot in championship???? This is where Lewis amongst other drivers deserves to be up there! The effort and skill displayed to achieve the results should be the indicator and I don't think many could say that LH hasn't put in spirited drives this year. He has had two podiums to show, yet looking at points, he is amongst guys that have done nothing other then do laps around the circuit! But hey, that is motor racing! Others are in the same position so............................................the new points system, is it good?????

At the end of day, REdbull have a phenominal car

Mclaren put massive amounts of focus into R&D

Ferrari are in the game............

The season is long, lets see how we go. I still am confident that Mclaren will be up there come the later stages of the season!! I am definately itching to go to Singapore this year!!!

To sum up, if both Jenson and Lewis were at the back of the grid, who would you put your money on to move up to the front, hmmm???

To sum up, if both Jenson and Lewis were at the back of the grid, who would you put your money on to move up to the front, hmmm???

To overtake more cars? Lewis.

To finish the race in front of the other? Jenson.

Now moving forward, IDC/Project, who/what are your predictions for Monaco this weekend?

By the way there is possible showers forecast for Monaco through out the week. That plus the fact that there is a huge difference between the quickest & slowest cars means drama for sure.

My prediction: Carnage.

To overtake more cars? Lewis.

To finish the race in front of the other? Jenson.

Now moving forward, IDC/Project, who/what are your predictions for Monaco this weekend?

By the way there is possible showers forecast for Monaco through out the week. That plus the fact that there is a huge difference between the quickest & slowest cars means drama for sure.

My prediction: Carnage.

This is Schuey's chance if he can qualify well. If not, he can always park it in the middle of the track!.... :rolleyes:

HA! I don't think the press will ever leave that topic untouched!

Mate like you said, the race will be won in Qualy so lets see what the weather brings. Practice 1 Schuey has out performed Nico! He knows this track damn well! Slow corners, hmmm?? Alonso has set the pace thus far. (1.15.9).My prediction will come closer to the race.

As a Mclaren fan I must say this:

I think Alonso is the overall good and consistent driver who knows how to drive

The younger fellas like Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel drive the cars hard and most of them are the first ones where their tyres starts graining.

I suppose it's hard to tell a racing driver not to push hard to preserve tyres by their team when you got people trying to overtake you etc :P

Oh well, let see what happens in Monaco :)

Jom, another Mclaren fan....................awesome to see!!!

As for Qualy and the race, there was 7 seconds in P2 from the front runner Alonso through to Senna out at the back.................7seconds!!!!!!!!!!! Like you said, bad weather, this type of differential,and the larger grid this year, it could very well be anyones race. Also, who knows how many of the big names get borked in Q1!!!

Massa has something to prove after last weeks disappointment, he could very well be a suprise. Mclarens will get up anyway!!!biggrin.gif

Redbull look like the best team to be with in F1 as they party like no other.

Firstly with Webber & Vettel diving into Monaco Harbour..has this ever been done before by a winning driver?

Then with the team diving into the pool on their yatch!!!!

Photos tell the story:

3852.jpg

3861.jpg

3853.jpg

3850.jpg

3860.jpg

3859.jpg

3851.jpg

3862.jpg