fuel consumption is still okay.

not so bad average still on 9.0 and tank average 10.2

but iv been booting it to see any difference..

but top end wise definately

98 *BLEEP*s all over the E10

LOL

I'll be back down your way in June. If I manage to get a few extra days off, maybe I'll go visit Rob and maybe meet up with you. Will let you know what happens.

feels so much better

You're probably talking about a 3-4% difference at best. If that!

The difference in engine performance due to change in ambient temperature is greater. This morning it was 14 degrees this afternoon it may hit 25 degrees, that would have a bigger effect on engine performance.

Due to your super sensitive right foot I think you should change your forum name to Dyno Dan. :lol:

image003.jpg

feels so much better

The difference in engine performance due to change in ambient temperature is greater. This morning it was 14 degrees this afternoon it may hit 25 degrees, that would have a bigger effect on engine performance.

Due to your super sensitive right foot I think you should change your forum name to Dyno Dan. :lol:

image003.jpg

thats pretty funny!!! Now u got ur own tag.....

feels so much better

image003.jpg

thats pretty funny!!! Now u got ur own tag.....

feels so much better

image003.jpg

well just normal driving around it's okay

but when I redline the car definately a powerloss is felt

almost feels like it's choking

feels so much better

image003.jpg

i wanna try e10 just to see if there is a diffreence but i can't do it to my baby :-)

you gotta be kidding? a 'noticeable' power loss at redline? seriously, that's an issue? (even if it DID exist)

I'll make sure I put 98 in next time I take it to the track. *sigh*

:rolleyes:

my cousin filled his car with E10 the other day and he was saying the same thing as u ilv1004s

maybe its just us asians that can feel it??

lol

and my cousin was driving his car on his farm, where he has a massive private straight driveway...

yes...

but he did say normal driving its ok

but it could have been his subconscious, cuz i told him bout wat other ppl were saying bout E10

my cousin filled his car with E10 the other day and he was saying the same thing as u ilv1004s

maybe its just us asians that can feel it??

lol

and my cousin was driving his car on his farm, where he has a massive private straight driveway...

yes...

but he did say normal driving its ok

but it could have been his subconscious, cuz i told him bout wat other ppl were saying bout E10

well....speaking only for myself, I'm only interested in how it performs with 'normal' driving. I'm a normal person, I have a normal car and I drive it normally lol

still, i'll try the next tank with 98 to satisfy myself, but so far, i've seen no detrimental effect/downside from E10.

I'm actually steering away from E10 and anything below 98 octane. I had to fill up with E10 last week (Caltex at Rouse Hill was too busy and line out on Windsor road and only pump available was E10), anyway I have noticed that when the car is in idle at lights it is uneasy and revs up and down ever so slightly, but not the standard. Since filling up again with 98 octane this stopped.

I'm a premium buyer to stay; no more E10 for me.

From above, I have only filled up with 98oct for the past few weeks and there has been a major improvement to the peformance and has not missed at all. Either it was a dodgy batch of E10 or it really isn't that good. I'll still be steering well clear of it.

Well, I refilled with 98 today and drove exactly the same route as I drove with the E10. I can confirm that the fuel consumption between 98 and E10 is identical. I can't see how a drop off in performance can get the same fuel consumption, so logic tells me that the difference in performance between the two fuels is so close to nothing that it doesn't matter.........

HOWEVER......

for the life of me, I swear the throttle response feels better with the 98.....but it just makes no sense.

Anyway, I fill up about once a month, so saving $3 a week isn't any big deal....but if I did more driving in the car, I'm pretty sure I'd be sticking to E10.