Hey all

Just the other day the rear passenger speaker on the tray started distorting badly, and now i have to drop the bass half way. Is this the subwoofer or just a speaker?

Im still under warranty so ill have to give Lexus a call...

Anyone else know of speakers blowing?

Cheers

Hey mate,

Yeah, its the Subwoofer that has given up. I had my one replaced about a month ago. Prior to that, even at low levels I too had the "annoying" distortion.

I don't play music that puts it through its paces too much, and I hadn't heard of anyone else with this problem. I think I just got a dud speaker driver in my car!

Anyway, hope this helps!

Hey mate,

Yeah, its the Subwoofer that has given up. I had my one replaced about a month ago. Prior to that, even at low levels I too had the "annoying" distortion.

I don't play music that puts it through its paces too much, and I hadn't heard of anyone else with this problem. I think I just got a dud speaker driver in my car!

Anyway, hope this helps!

just take it back to lexus. they're really good with fixing stuff up and it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure if I have the same problem but sometimes I hear something from the rear parcel shelf that's in line with the music I'm playing - It sounds like a loose speaker grill but I can't replicate it all the time.

It mostly in the mornings then throughout the day it's fine. Happens with all kinds of music. BASS or even soft music :(

Hey Jom,

Im afraid to say it, but thats exactly how my one started!! It took me a bit to put my finger on it though as like you said, it comes and goes. Near the end though, it was really bad...............your description of the loose speaker grill was spot on!!! sad.gif Sorry!

Like Justin said though, they changed my one no questions asked!!

Well mine isn't "that" bad but because I have sensitive hearing I notice it. I'll raised it at my next service.

With this cold weather approaching my drivers side door makes even the slightest rattle. It push it once then it goes away for a while.

I noticed the clips used in the Lexus are cheap and flimsy. My other car I've pulled the trim apart many times and the clips have more tension in them. C'mon Lexus / Toyota!

I've broken so many engine cover clips just by releasing them so I had to buy a pack from the US as over here you get rorted for them at the dealer.

Its related to the subbie, but to me it sounds like a loose parcel shelf. I had a bit of an issue a while back on that, and the technician at my next service tightened a few clips apparently and the buzz went away. If you are running everything 'factory' I would surprised that the subbie would 'blow', as the speaker system is matched to the amplifier and crossovers and therefore should ensure that the capacity of the speakers is enough to handle maximum output from the amp.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...