Hi there!

I have just had delivered the Lexus is250 which I am very chuffed about! Reading the manual, I saw the warning about the RF of the smart key affecting pacemakers. My mum has a pacemaker. Does this mean she cant go near it, let alone travel in it? Glad I actually read the manual (something I would normally not do!)Is it only certain brands of pacemakers. I guess ideally her doctor would be the one to talk to, but has anyone come across this before?

TIA! Karen

That warning is for all devices that transmit any sort of RF (Radio frequencies) - There's legislation for such a warning.

I'm no pacemaker expert but I think she should be fine. We live in a society where we are exposed to heaps of radio waves and I think the one in the IS250 is no where near powerful enough as the ones say in mobile phones etc.

Then again, you should ring Lexus Australia and/or Pacemaker people to make sure there isn't any problems as a precaution.

Btw Congrats on the new car...it's a great car :)

Thanks,

I'll make a few calls, just to be on the safe side AND be watching very carefully the first time she hops in even if she gets the all clear!

Cant wait to go for a drive tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day..........! :D

Hey teabrook, congrats on the new car.

There will be another new Lexus joining you on the roads around Cairns in the next few days.

A friend of mine is getting a new 2010 GS460...he'll be tearing up the tarmac around Palm Cove.

Welcome to the forum.

What is a Pacemaker? I know the K-19 Widowmaker.

Welcome to the IS world! :)

i think a pacemaker is a device u put on someones heart and it does some fancy electricity stuff and keeps the heart beating in a regular pattern or something like that

but anyway, congrats!

Hi Karen, Well done on the purchase. Yes - I would be speaking to the doctor about it, but its more a litigious reason as to why the manual would reference pacemakers - just to cover their rear end in case there was indeed a case about pacemaker interference. My grandfather has a Merc C200 with a similiar key-fob and the car and his pacemaker have been fine in tandem for several years now, but again - just get the ok from the doc!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and responses! I'm sure it's fine or else people would be dropping like flies! (I will check anyway!)

I'll be definately looking out for the 2010 GS460 - I just live up the road! Loving the Crystal mist colour!