• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was looking into this kit a while ago but it was too soon after my gfx so i passed on it.

i reckon the front looks good on a dark coloured car, not too sure about the rear.

last i spoke to them they were ready to drop it to 800. not sure if theyll still do it now though.

seen the kit and the quality looks good, not sure about fitment though.....

seen that one of ebay before, i thought it was pretty good

different from other ones

IMO, i like the rear diffuser kinda thing

but each to their own

with dark cars it makes the kit looks smaller, especially the front. $800 would be an ok price i guess, put on top $400-500 for painting. That's still half the price of GFX kit lol.

Judging by the Camry Sportivo, it isn't that big cos they look good these Camrys.

300px-2007_Toyota_Camry_Sportivo_01.jpg

lol justin your comparing a replica kit vs genuine kit

i think that alone is enough to put that price argument to bed.

genuine is guarenteed fitment plus bolts and nuts inc

those fibreglass replica kits are held on by generic nuts and bolts im guessing 2 on each side of the lip and double sided tape

on the other hand my GENUINE GFX kit has 4 bolt points in 2 areas and fit on to the spot where the factory lip was fitted (meaning matching into the jizsaww pieces that was already on the kit

theres no such thing as bad fitment.

Replica kits are made from the read deal,

Meaning it's actually bigger than the actual kit

there fore there is more gaps than the actual real kit

this is really down to

You Get What You Pay For!

I agree with Danny on this one.

Replicas are hit or miss in regards to fitment. You may get lucky and get one that fits perfectly or a badly made one with visible gaps.

I'd definitely prefer to shell a bit more cash for an original product, but that's just me :)

Do it once, do it right. B)

I'm only concerned with the size, if i have to drill couple of holes just to make it firm, will do it, it aint gonna be noticed.

Besides the cost of the oem GFX, it isn't much of a kit if u know what i mean?

With $2600, i could get this kit, and have $1000 left for the catback lol.

i'd say if ur cars a darker colour, it wouldnt matter "as much"

although no one likes gaps, but atleast on a darker colour u dont be able to notice it as much

and at night, u wont even see it unless your actually looking for gaps

but you do get what you pay for...

I'm only concerned with the size, if i have to drill couple of holes just to make it firm, will do it, it aint gonna be noticed.

Besides the cost of the oem GFX, it isn't much of a kit if u know what i mean?

With $2600, i could get this kit, and have $1000 left for the catback lol.

yeah that is usually the case..

but it all goes down to how much you can spend on the car i guess..

i rather spend that money on a proper kit or find another way to get the kit cheaper :D and do things slowly

which i did

and now im spending money on coilovers after 3 months of reviews and research :D

best bang for buck IMO

Justin, have you tried looking at the vendors on CL? I'm getting my rims from one of them and I got a great price.

I think Danny got his gfx kit from Carson (correct me if I'm wrong) and it cost way less than the $2600 you were quoted. I got the rear lip spoiler for about ~$350 (from Sewell, painted and shipped next day).

Shipping's gonna be a btch, but you're still saving money. :)

Hey Danny, what coils are you getting? I want to have a set of coils by the time I receive my wheels. I'm looking at Tanabe Sustec Pro 5's atm.

Have you tried looking at the vendors on CL? I'm getting my rims from one of them and I got a great price.

I think Danny got his gfx kit from Carson (correct me if I'm wrong) and it cost way less than the $2600 you were quoted. I got just the rear lip spoiler (shipped) for about ~$350 (painted and shipped).

Shipping's gonna be a bitch, but you're still saving money. :)

Westminister Lexus Baby

i know kerry (parts Dept) very well :D

those fibreglass replica kits are held on by generic nuts and bolts im guessing 2 on each side of the lip and double sided tape

on the other hand my GENUINE GFX kit has 4 bolt points in 2 areas and fit on to the spot where the factory lip was fitted (meaning matching into the jizsaww pieces that was already on the kit

this is really down to

lol...... i wasn't comparing anything to anything. just saying that they weren't selling too well and at the time i enquired it looked as though they were desperate to move them, hence the 800 price.

i went to computer shop next door to them and didn't realise until i was about to leave, so seeing how i was there i popped in and asked to look at the kit. the finish looks decent as in once the paint goes over it it should be smooth. when my replica gfx kit went on the painter told me i'd have some visible marks even once the paint went on. so it was a case of u get what u pay for, and in that regard i didn't pay very much, lol... $400 all up for a replica kit from someone off this forum so can't complain.

danny mate..... i swear if ppl didn't know us i reckon they'd think we hated each other lol.... :-)

oh, and hurry up on those coilovers! i'm sick of hearing about it and not seeing anything....hmmm.... similiar to the 350 conversion j/k!

Danny, are offering your great service again?

Terrry, $350 including shipping is hectic, why didnt you the whole kit?

Btw, the PU kit, if it aint Lexus oem, it's replica or just non-oem??

and now im spending money on coilovers after 3 months of reviews and research :D

best bang for buck IMO

Group buy? what you getting? track or road? soft spring hard spring? im looking and terrry looking too.

will they get same result i want them for?

this is really down to

lol...... i wasn't comparing anything to anything. just saying that they weren't selling too well and at the time i enquired it looked as though they were desperate to move them, hence the 800 price.

i went to computer shop next door to them and didn't realise until i was about to leave, so seeing how i was there i popped in and asked to look at the kit. the finish looks decent as in once the paint goes over it it should be smooth. when my replica gfx kit went on the painter told me i'd have some visible marks even once the paint went on. so it was a case of u get what u pay for, and in that regard i didn't pay very much, lol... $400 all up for a replica kit from someone off this forum so can't complain.

danny mate..... i swear if ppl didn't know us i reckon they'd think we hated each other lol.... :-)

oh, and hurry up on those coilovers! i'm sick of hearing about it and not seeing anything....hmmm.... similiar to the 350 conversion j/k!

lol justin bro i wasnt talking to you

i was talking to the other justin hahahaha

best bang for buck IMO

Group buy? what you getting? track or road? soft spring hard spring? im looking and terrry looking too.

well compared it to my mates cars

same cars different coilovers

Cusco,Teins,BC,Buddy club

BC coilovers

That group buy Chris, might as well put it together with the oem GFX ??...will the ship sink with these goodies danny? :D

I got a price in mind, and you know me, i don't muck around if it makes my car all looks and no go lol.

best bang for buck IMO

well compared it to my mates cars

same cars different coilovers

Cusco,Teins,BC,Buddy club

BC coilovers

Nice, are your mates also Wynode mates ? :)

Surely these names + Works/Rays wheels will be north of $4K?

So you're going with the BC Racing coilovers?

I've read that quite a few guys on CL who have them say they 'clunk' which is why I'm hesitant in getting them. They are cheap tho!

the new BR serise seems to dont get em

nah chris they aint wynodes mates

they are my highschool mates

rofl i aint doing no more group buys

lol first group buy id actually be in on and no go lol? would you be in terrry. you want more low justin and justin? Jom, lowered but soft would you be in? FrankyX? atlantis? Dennis? Jake you got any cars you want lowered? who else?

sorry chris

i just dont have the time and all to call up different places to get a cheaper shipping price.

if i do have to do that ill have to charge people for it

sorry chris

i just dont have the time and all to call up different places to get a cheaper shipping price.

if i do have to do that ill have to charge people for it

haha all good man. i got the bargaining bug from justin i think. :P

;)