hi guys,

i am an IS250 virgin. just picked up mine yesterday.

it's an 09 prestige with sat nav package.

i am thinking of doing the following mods.

- new air filter + intake

- lower springs

- exhaust

can you guys recommend brands that i should be looking at?

and is it going to void the warranty?

ohh btw, does the IS250 automatically lock and arm the alarm after you leave the car? with mine, i have to arm it manually, but i was under the impression that it's automatic.

welcome to the IS250 world..... ... what a great world..... anyway there is plenty of info on the forum already that you will find very helpful. as for locking when you walk away. i belive this doesnt happen. it also doesnt unlock when you walk up so why would it lock when you walk away

I second the welcome and no doubt you will enjoy the IS world.

If you mean automated unlock / lock or without the key, the only way is to insert your hand into the handle to open and also pushing the lock button with the key in close range.

There is no other way of automatically unlocking / locking the car. This isn't James Bond stuff :P but close :)

As for intake, there are many topics on this throughout, but I am looking at the F-Sport intake / filter (appox $500). I can't comment on other brands as I have not done the research. I'm sure others can add to this.

Enjoy!

good thing u got a IS250!!

ahaha, welcome

i have a Fujita F5 Intake on my 07 IS250, and it gives it a REALLY good sound over 3000rpm, but it quite under 3000

cant really comment on the power, but many (including me) believe that my intake takes away power (not much)

i cant really feel the difference tho

cant comment on an exhaust or springs yet

thanks guys

good to be part of the IS 250 crew.. love the car..only thing is, i should have bought the sport optioned on for an extra few Ks. dammm

i love the smooth ride, for u guys with lower springs, does it alter your ride much?

after reading through the forum, looks like if i want some aftermarket parts for the IS, i'll have to get them from the US.

anyone managed to get parts locally at a reasonable price? i ask my local lexus dealer for the rear spoiler, it's $1K fitted.. ouch...

thanks guys

good to be part of the IS 250 crew.. love the car..only thing is, i should have bought the sport optioned on for an extra few Ks. dammm

i love the smooth ride, for u guys with lower springs, does it alter your ride much?

after reading through the forum, looks like if i want some aftermarket parts for the IS, i'll have to get them from the US.

anyone managed to get parts locally at a reasonable price? i ask my local lexus dealer for the rear spoiler, it's $1K fitted.. ouch...

Damn straight, I got my spoiler from a Sewell Parts, with the coverted $, worked out to be around AU$500 shipped. Fitted it myself.

Don't buy parts from dealer unless absolutely necessary. My first stop is always Sewell or eBay. Off eBay, be aware that you may be buying non-genuine.

i get most of my stuff from the US

the parts are cheap but the shipping kills it hard when brought in from US

for your Question

suspension

-F sport

-tanabe

-teins

-eibach

-H&R

-HKS coilovers

-BC

-Megan

there alot of them

Exhaust

-Tanabe

-F sport

-HKS

-Greddy

-Megan

-invidia

-Joe-Z

Intake

-F sport

-Fujita

-AEM

-Takeda

-K & N

just a thing to note when getting an intake

get an intake that has a headshield on it

this will prevent the intake from sucking up hot air which will cause loss of power

i have a takeda intake which is loud

Previously i had a F sport which was deep on the lower RPMS but sounds like a stocker on high rpms

if you want to keep your warranty go for the F sport stuff

and if they tell you it's not a genuine part

tell them to shove their opinions up their ass as it is a Genuine Enhancement part like M power for BMW or AMG for Merc

Ok here is my 2 cents. It all boils down to what you want your car to look like or be like. If you're after springs, go with either Tiens or H & R (for low drop), Tanable or F Sports (for conservative drop). I got Tanabe springs and they are a perfect ride, not too low but alright.

If you are gonna go for wheels, i'd consider 19s over 18s for that extra gap-fill. And if you go for 19s, i recon you should get coils as with coils you can alter the drop to how you like it (without fearing camber issue as the coils you buy would have camber F&R adjustments).

• 2 weeks later...