greetings all,

This is my 1st post on the lexus forums. I recently bought an '08 is250 X. Now i have a "V15 maps" which i'd like to install. On my old Aurion presara, it was a simple matter of taking the old disc out of the dvd player, inserting the V15 disc and it was all done :). However, with the lexus, i saw that the clock fascia has to be removed? Would i be able to just insert the V15 disc into the dvd player? Would anyone be able to give me a outline as to what to do? IF anyone would be able to help out this newcomer then they'd get a loud THANKS! :)

greetings all,

This is my 1st post on the lexus forums. I recently bought an '08 is250 X. Now i have a "V15 maps" which i'd like to install. On my old Aurion presara, it was a simple matter of taking the old disc out of the dvd player, inserting the V15 disc and it was all done :). However, with the lexus, i saw that the clock fascia has to be removed? Would i be able to just insert the V15 disc into the dvd player? Would anyone be able to give me a outline as to what to do? IF anyone would be able to help out this newcomer then they'd get a loud THANKS! :)

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8170

think this should explain it alot better

theres even a video u can download there, and a pictorial

i saw that post before but it didn't answer my question in regards to the dvd player. Can't i insert the V15 map disc into the dvd player without removing the clock fascia?

nope, the navi system dvd has to go into the reader behind the clock facia...

putting it into your 6 stacker will acheive nothing...

dont fear, it took me less than 1 minute to do it and was easy as pie...

ps> V16 is out now btw...

I managed to download V16 and install it successfully following the instructions and links from this forum - was worth the effort - this version seems to provide smarter routing options, but not sure since I've never used Sat Nav before. Earlier version I had was V14.