That's good value.

Looking at the Bendix and DBA sites the rotors retail for $700 for the 4 slotted and four pads would be $300. $1000 all up.

Then you have to install them.

The $900 sounds very good, but I would make sure you are getting what you think you are getting.

Yep. $200 each for front slotted and $150 each for rear slotted.

As long as you are getting quality pads (ie Bendix Ultimate or the newer general CT) they will be about $75 per corner.

As I suggested, just make sure you know what is being fitted. No point having great rotors but crap pads.

If you get the right combo then $900 is excellent value.

Looking at the Bendix site the 'General CT' look good as a dustless option, as well as being quiet and performing well. Looks too good to be true.

Has anyone put a set of these on? Even if it means I don't have to clean my wheels twice a week it will be worthwhile.

Besides the cleaning, what about the pads eating into the discs at just 36000K. :(

My camry i can't remember when i changed pads but damnn it's over 100 000K i recon.

I recently replaced my front pads and rotors. I went for ebc blacks. I think they call them ultimax. I wouldn't recommend them. Black by name, black by nature. Wheels started to turn black on the way back from the car wash. They do stop well though. With the rotors, They are the same for Aurion so check out the price for Aurion rotors. The part numbers are different but the rotors are the same. There is another toyota model that takes the same one too but I cant remember which one it is. The reason im letting you know this is that maybe because they are for a lexus, You might be paying a premium.

Has anyone tried the GCT's. Are they cleaner?

Cheers

Darren

• Like 1

I thought the type and brand of pad was the primary (not solely) cause. Harder pads gives more performance braking but eat into your rotors more than softer ones.

Looking at the Bendix site the 'General CT' look good as a dustless option, as well as being quiet and performing well. Looks too good to be true.

Has anyone put a set of these on? Even if it means I don't have to clean my wheels twice a week it will be worthwhile.

I had these on an 06 Maxima. I wasn't impressed with the lacklustre performance compared to the factory pads which were also fairly dust-free. In hindsight, from the marketing material at the point of sale, online and on the box themselves, to me at least, these appear to be marketed towards repair shops/the occasional DIYer as a quicker/cheaper alternative to OEM pads.

So Bendix pads are dust-free. If not, i'm happy if they give off as much as the oem rears. Also what sort of mileage will the these pads give with slotted rotors, given i'm a conservative driver?

I have found with slotted rotors there is a speed related droaning noise under braking. Has anyone heard this? I have realised that the increased braking performance gained by using these rotors is no compensation for the resulting noise. IMO

There is no denying that they look better though!!

• 3 weeks later...

GCTs on fronts. Only done trip back from shop. Will let you know how they go after a week.

Hey ldc, what are your thoughts so far, straight out of the box?

I have my car going in to have braking vibration (from speed and down hills) looked at on friday. May need new pads and/or rotors, but have only done 45K km

Not sure what to say cos i need to wait a little while.

The theory has it that for general driving and braking, GCT on standard rotors are preferred. Aparently GCT are meant to me quiet, squeel free due to softer compound i would think, For performace oubviously Ultimate with slotted rotors.

After fitting, make sure you get someone there to test drive and tell them to do the initial bedding-in. It'll still take another 300km to bed-in but the initial test drive that they is all important. Sit in with them though. The drive home was smooth and comfy.

Very happy with GCTs, after 300km if it was oem pads the wheels would have been fully covered with dust but they are not, they are silver and shiny still and next to no dust on them. Brakes feel right, not to hard or to soft.