Buying A New Lexus Is250 In Sydney... Help Please?

Hello everyone, i am a new member and seek to purchase a new Lexus IS250 Prestige Auto in Sydney, Australia.

But my budget is not as high as i wish for it to be, so for the options, i can only get ONE of the 2 following:

1 . Moonroof

2 . Navigation + Rear View Cam.

I was thinking more of Moonroof because i can't really install a moonroof later on,

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

What's your budget? You will find that price can vary between dealers, also depending what promotion they are doing for that month (Free rego, factory bonus etc). When I was looking 2 months ago, I got quoted around 59k-61k onroad including both the options that you are considering, cheaper if you don't mind the 2010 plated model.

The factory SatNav is very expensive to get down the track, sure you can install it later but I don't think most people would due to cost. You do have other after market options like Fly audio, but just keep this in mind when deciding.

yeah it will be new, i don't know if i want a demo, its my first car and i want it to be new :)

also whats the acceleration 0 - 100 for the 250?

Thanks

if u're asking about acceleration i'd be inclined to recommend the IS350 for the minimal price difference! nothing you can do for 5k to a 250 that will get you anywhere near a 350. might be a bit more but at least you won't get buyers remorse later down the track.

0-100 time your looking at 8-9 secs

it's slow but considering it pushes 1.7t around it's not that slow with only 153kw

agree with cevu

get a is350 it's awsome

Acceleration 0-100kmh, I think officially is 8.1sec. Have seen a claim somewhere of 7.8 (that might be the 0-60mph figure though - 96kmh). In the real world, you'd have to say 8.5sec give or take. Not that quick, but fast enough, faster than many of its rivals and significantly faster than the 320i and C200. If you can afford the extra 8-9k (driveaway at the end of the day - the gap is more like that), grab a is350.

If you can wait 4-6 months, reckon there will be some 350 demos out there by then for low-mid 50s and that would be a top buy. Still a top buy new, but better value as a demo. I bought a demo through a Lexus dealer - was 9 months old, only 10k on the clock, but I saved about 8k!!

With the is350 also I understand the satnav and rev camera is standard in the base model whereas in the is250 its not, so if you're keen for satnav, then it almost becomes a no-brainer....the 350 obviously. Moonroof is widely known as the only real option (in any vehicle) where it will be factored into a resale price.

I may do the same in a couple of years when the new IS range comes out (grab a demo), or the pressure comes from the missus and we'll look at an RX at the time instead.

Sorry for double post but i just checked out Lexus.com.au and the IS350 Prestige seems to be at 64,800 this includes Moon roof, but why does is250 + moonroof cost nearly as much?

thanks

EDIT: thats the manufacturer's price sorry.

ahhh p plater!!! YAYA, another red p plater! WOOOT!!!!!

anyway, the IS350 is resitricted for P platers, it has over 200KW which means u cant drive it!

also, the IS250 is a pretty damn good car for a p plater

it'll chop most p plate cars (there are several that are quicker, but barely ever see them and there not as nice as an IS250, lol) cars i can think off that are p plate legal and will beat a IS250 are, 330CI, R32 Golf, SV6 Commodore, XR6 Falcon, RX8, manual 325, manual Accord Euro, Civic Type R, Integra Type R

also, dont put magnetic P's on the back cause they strtach the S**T out of the paint, lol

My budget will be 65k , will i be able to purchase an is350 with this?

More importantly, will i be able to drive it on Red P's (i got my Ls VERY late)?

Thanks again everyone

You will have no problem getting both moonroof and EMV pack with this price. Might even able to get F-Sport version with the bigger wheels, sport seat/pedal, day timr running headlight and body kit. Just bargain hard with them.

65k for is250 F sport is possible.

lexus website drive away price $73,193.00 stating is250 F sport. this is load of bull*BLEEP*.

You can have 2011 is350 fsport + moonroof at 75k

remember, you are the buyer, you have the money, dont let the dealer or salesman bully you. if they dont want your deal, just walk away!!!

Hmm ... 65k for IS 250 F Sport? That would represent a $5000 discount on top of free on-roads. I wouldn't have thought it possible.

But 65k for IS 250 Prestige with both moonroof and EMV is certainly possible. The free on-roads until 31 March brings the factory recommended driveaway price down to $66550 (in NSW). Then you just need to bargain down around $1500-$1600 with the dealer. That shouldn't be too hard, since it represents a discount of just $1100 to the dealer before LCT and stamp duty.

If you still wanted to choose between EMV and moonroof: If resale value is important, and you're not interested in an aftermarket satnav system, choose the EMV.

In short: F Sport has sports trim (pedals, spoiler etc.), 18" wheels (Prestige has 17"), bi-xenon headlights, bigger rear brakes, premium audio system, auto dimming/dipping/positioning mirrors, satnav/Bluetooth as standard

As I mentioned in my previous post, you should get the Prestige with EMV and moonroof for under $65K. The F Sport would cost $72550 after the free-on-roads deal is factored in - you might be able to talk a salesman down to $70K.

What is the difference between IS250 Prestige and IS250 F Sport?

AND will i be able to bargain one for ~70k (including the Moonroof option)?

Thank You

LOL, already increasing your budget to 70k?

I will give you a hand, use the below price as a guideline, like I said price changes month by month with Lexus, these prices were quoted to me 2 mths ago. You might NOT able to get them especially with what happening with Japan at the moment, Lexus might not be as keen to move cars in volume. But you can work with these price. Prices were the best around the time, drive away prices.

2011 IS250 Prestige with moonroof and EMV ~$60k

2010 IS250 F-Sport with moonroof (already come with EMV as std) ~$64k

2011 IS250 F-Sport with moonroof (already come with EMV as std) ~$67k

You will find Lexus is more willing to do deals on IS250 than IS350, simply because IS350 still relatively new.

With your budget and being a P plate, I would suggest get the 2010 or 2011 IS250 Prestige/F-sport and keep the changes. Enjoy it and get something better in few years time.

like I said price changes month by month with Lexus, these prices were quoted to me 2 mths ago. You might NOT able to get them especially with what happening with Japan at the moment, Lexus might not be as keen to move cars in volume.

Yes prices can change monthe to month or even during a month....so prices that are 2 months old may be inaccurate.

Availibilty of vehicles has an effect and with Lexus ceasing production on all models in Japan at the moment there will be an effect eventually, not yet though. You'll still get a deal for the near future.

We get delivery of a new IS250 tomorrow. Dec 2010 built, Jan complied.

It's a prestige in starlight black, beige interior and sat nav (no sunroof).

We paid $53k on road, including window tints. How did we do?

I think they'll throw in some golf clubs but lets see what happens tomorrow!

-------------------------

EDIT: Picked up the car yesterday. Deal included:

-3 complimentary services

-Flowers

-Bottle of Moet

-European plates

no golf clubs though :(

The starlight black very nice. It's similar to the obsidian black of mercs; oily and alot of depth. I found onyx to be a bit flat personally, seems like it had no clear coat.

196127_161410597247348_100001352271997_302674_7677641_n.jpg

To give you a rough idea of what deals can be had, I recently picked up a brand new 10 plated IS350 prestige for 59k on the road.. This is with factory navigation but with no moonroof.. Shop around as some dealers are keen to move the 10 plated stock

To give you a rough idea of what deals can be had, I recently picked up a brand new 10 plated IS350 prestige for 59k on the road.. This is with factory navigation but with no moonroof.. Shop around as some dealers are keen to move the 10 plated stock

Hi there, do you mind sharing more information on this, as I'm currently looking to purchase an IS350 as well.

Like which dealer and if you are willing to scan a copy of the invoice with just the price on it?

Hi there, do you mind sharing more information on this, as I'm currently looking to purchase an IS350 as well.

Like which dealer and if you are willing to scan a copy of the invoice with just the price on it?

It was from one of the Lexus dealers in the Gold Coast :) Can't give you the invoice though unfortunately