Im looking/researching at buying a 2nd hand IS250 but I'm doing my head in. Im trying to find out what the basic differences between the Prestige, Sports, Sports Luxury and X models. Is there like a table of differences that is floating around somewhere where I can easily compare the cars? Looking on carsales doesnt help me at all with so many owners optioning out their cars, I dont know what is standard and what isn't.

I want to spend around $40K (2006-2007) preferably in white. I know the Sports Lux has all the goodies but the cheapest one is around 50. I want this model but if a Prestige model is optioned out close enough to the Sports Lux then i could save some money.

Help! Ive honestly googled, gone on Lexus website, read reviews, and theres no easy way to compare them.

It's pretty hard to find an online brochure for 2006 or 2007 models that would show a comprehensive feature list for each of the three grades. Two places that might help are:

Old press releases: http://www.pressroom...0&kitID=76#1341

(Note that the word "IS250", without "Sports" or "Sports Luxury" following it, refers to what was later known as "IS250 Prestige".)

IS250 X Article: http://www.goauto.co...A25741D00028762

The specifications found in Red Book (http://www.redbook.com.au) also provide a reasonable idea of the differences between the three grades (and IS250 X), although I don't feel they are 100% accurate and/or might lack some detail (e.g. metallic paint is only mentioned as a feature for IS250 X, although we all know that it's a no-cost option on all grades). But it's still pretty good. On the home page, choose Make = Lexus, Model = IS250, Year = 2007, click Search, check the results you're interested in, then click "Compare selected".

This one looks alright...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=9346416&__Qpb=true&Cr=13&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201252%201282%204294965468%204294965467%20898%204294766524&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=15&__sid=12966D9BBB57

It's a "Sport" series..

- 18" Sports Wheels

- Sports Suspension

- Sports Pedal

- Alcantra Seats (not leather seats)

- EMV Pack (Sat Nav + DVD + ML Sound System)

- Bi-Xenon lamp (Low + High)

- Memory Seats

- and looks like it have a Front & Sides Body kit as well.. not too sure 'bout the rear though...

but my preference..

I would really check if the car's been involved on a major accident before or not...

(bring a mechanic..)

Good luck with your buy..!!

p0c1

Thanks for the replies guys! And thanks to p0c1 for the link.. Would have been perfect with leather seats! But sacrifices must be made for the price.. Looks good. im guessing leather missing, no seat warmers/coolers, is that about it??? Im also guessing the headlights don't turn when you turn ( dont know the name of that feature), no rear sun shade...

sports does have warmers

no coolers

EMV was option on all models except for the sports luxury which was standard

heres a run down

Presteige

was either available in Manual or Auto

Leather seats (warmer/Cooler)

EMV was option

16" alloys

not auto funtions

Sports

Both manual and auto available

non Leather seats

18" wheels

sports suspension (lower and stiffer than both pres and sports lux)

Xenons + AFS

Seat Memory and steering memory

auto dim mirrors

EMV (option)

sports lux has everything plus leather but no 18" it has 17" wheels

Thanks for the replies guys! And thanks to p0c1 for the link.. Would have been perfect with leather seats! But sacrifices must be made for the price.. Looks good. im guessing leather missing, no seat warmers/coolers, is that about it??? Im also guessing the headlights don't turn when you turn ( dont know the name of that feature), no rear sun shade...

With that car.. apparently he also put it on ebay..(withs some more description..)

it had been on an accident before...

Ouchh....

>_<

ps: no offense to the owner...

post-4402-025732500 1286247052_thumb.jpg

REVS check shows it was a repairable write off.

**** WARNING **** Ref. XXXXXX REPAIRABLE WRITE OFF

CURRENT OR PREVIOUS REPAIRABLE Date 11/07/2009 7:01 Expiry

WRITE-OFF. MANUFACTURER'S NSW Registration Class: O

WARRANTY MAY BE VOID. CHECK 2007 LEXUS SED VIN/Chass. JTHBK262002062833

WITH THE MANUFACTURER. 0000 Engine No.

There is no financial interest

VEHICLE DETAILS MATCHED WITH RTA

REVS check shows it was a repairable write off.

**** WARNING **** Ref. XXXXXX REPAIRABLE WRITE OFF

CURRENT OR PREVIOUS REPAIRABLE Date 11/07/2009 7:01 Expiry

WRITE-OFF. MANUFACTURER'S NSW Registration Class: O

WARRANTY MAY BE VOID. CHECK 2007 LEXUS SED VIN/Chass. JTHBK262002062833

WITH THE MANUFACTURER. 0000 Engine No.

There is no financial interest

VEHICLE DETAILS MATCHED WITH RTA

there we go

atleast hes honest with the price

i guess no factory warranty is going to apply on that 1

I recently got my IS250 2nd hand from the dealership. I noticed there wasn't a huge price difference between the Prestige + Sports Luxury models especially in the 2006/7 models that you're after. My advise would be to pay just a bit more and get the sports luxury if you're planning to keep the car long term. That's what I did and I have no regrets. Nicer interior so nicer drive.

If you go in there without emotion and willing to wait, you'll find the car you're happy with eventually! Happy hunting!