New Lexus Owner - Couple Of Questions

Hi guys,

Just picked up my new IS250 yesterday, such a nice step up from my old Corolla :D

Anyway, since this is my very first Lexus, got a couple of questions (sorry if they are too obvious/dumb lol)

- In the manual, it says that you can hold the lock button to wind up all windows and close the moonroof, I tried it with my remote but it doesn't work, where do you need to be (inside or outside the car, I'm new to this keyless entry system as well lol)?

- I noticed that when you play a song through your iPod, the audio automatically changes songs when you scroll up/down the playlist screen. It automatically picks the first song on top of the screen. Is there anyway to stop this, it is annoying!

Hi guys,

Just picked up my new IS250 yesterday, such a nice step up from my old Corolla :D

Anyway, since this is my very first Lexus, got a couple of questions (sorry if they are too obvious/dumb lol)

- In the manual, it says that you can hold the lock button to wind up all windows and close the moonroof, I tried it with my remote but it doesn't work, where do you need to be (inside or outside the car, I'm new to this keyless entry system as well lol)?

Hey Duy congrats on the new ride.

The windows up/down off remote needs to be enabled at the dealer. Takes 5 mins.

As for the scrolling on your ipod...yes it is annoying. Try using the left dial on the stereo to scroll as it is faster.

All models have the ability to do windows and moonroof. It was was taken off the default list due to ppls keys activating whilst they sit on couch with the key in thier pocket. And if it was raining cars filled up with water.

Parramatta cant do it they are incompitent but any other dealer can have the moon roof tlit only with the key also. Just ask next time your in.

thanks for the reply guys!

the funny thing is I bought the car from Lexus Parramatta! If I were to bring it to another dealer to get the fobs reprogrammed, would they charge me for it?

hah, rang up Parramatta and was advised this is not possible on MY11 IS's

thank you all for your replies, looks like I'll have to take my IS to another dealership to get it sorted

@dis-lex-sic: you've got PM :)

Hello everyone

I am new here, I just got 2010 IS250C prestige and I am nit sure about the features :) in detail.

My question is it possible to have all windows up automatically either by remote ?

After closing the hood, we still have to close the windows manually? Any suggestion ? We can have this feature.

Thanks in advance

Regads

meerut

you can close windows/sunroof by holding the lock button on your door handles (not sure about the roof on the 250C).. What I'm after is the ability to close windows/sunroof with the remote, it's silly to stay by the car for 20+ secs to do this lol

Also, is there a way to program the car so that it unlocks itself if it cannot detect the keys?

A snip of my new toy, in its Starlight Black dress, everything is stock standard, I only picked it up last Tuesday :)

20jrbeb.jpg

What I'm after is the ability to close windows/sunroof with the remote, it's silly to stay by the car for 20+ secs to do this lol

I just checked an Owners Manual for 2005-2008 models. It looks like there has never been a feature to close windows using the wireless remote control. You can, however, have your Lexus dealer configure your IS so that the windows are opened when you use the remote to unlock your vehicle.

Yes, I understand that's not what you're looking for, but the reason may be more serious than what ilv1004s suggested. I remember reading on a forum somewhere that somebody injured a child left in an older Lexus RX when he/she operated the remote while not looking at the car and/or not restraining the child when the windows and moonroof were closing.

I've had my IS for over a year, and have used the door button to lock the car 95% of the time. I find it easier than reaching for the remote in my pocket.

Also, is there a way to program the car so that it unlocks itself if it cannot detect the keys?

Hmmm, that would be a security issue if that was allowed. Did you mean:

"... it locks itself if it cannot detect the keys?"

No. If, however, you unlock the car but don't open any of the doors within 30 seconds, the car will re-lock all doors.

"... so that there is a way to get into the car if cannot detect the electronic key?"

Yes. Your key fob includes a mechanical key for opening the doors. To start the car, there is a procedure for using the key fob like a proximity card against the ENGINE START/STOP button. (You would still need some charge in the key battery before this would work, but I'm sure you would replace the battery or start using your second electronic key before the battery became fully discharged.) This is explained in the Owners Manual.

Not sure if this answers your question but I have a 2007 IS250 Prestige and I can unlock/open the windows and moonroof simultaneously when I hold the unlock key on my remote for around 5 seconds. Vice Versa.

@Lexus Nerd: I meant "... locks itself..." stupid typo lol

Just got a call from Lexus Parramatta, apparently it is now possible to do this lol, will be taking my car in this arvo to have it done.

Thanks everyone :)

Okay ... combining what I just read in my own copy of the MY10 Owners Manual, together with the observations and knowlege of Aircon, x250x, LEX51S and others, here's what we know:

MY06-MY08: By default, remote control can open AND close windows. Owners Manual is vague and misleading.

MY09-MY10: By default, remote control does not operate windows, but a dealer can configure the remote control to "open only", "close only" or "open and close". Owners Manual states this fact at one point, while being misleading at another.

MY11: By default, remote control does not operate windows (Duy's experience), but Lexus of Parramatta says it can be configured (after initially saying it couldn't).

@Duy, after seeing the dealer, does the remote now work the way you want it to?

@everyone: I can confirm that the MY11's remote can be configured to operate the window/moonroof, it is now working as described in the manual :). It took them about 20 minutes to program it. I am now able to close the windows/moonroof by either the remote or the lock button on the door handles.

One Two more questions, I've got the corporate deal which includes 3 year free servicing, does this also include all the oil/fluid and parts or just the labour? Also, can I get my car serviced at any Lexus dealer under this deal or only at Parramatta?

Okay ... combining what I just read in my own copy of the MY10 Owners Manual, together with the observations and knowlege of Aircon, x250x, LEX51S and others, here's what we know:

MY06-MY08: By default, remote control can open AND close windows. Owners Manual is vague and misleading.

MY09-MY10: By default, remote control does not operate windows, but a dealer can configure the remote control to "open only", "close only" or "open and close". Owners Manual states this fact at one point, while being misleading at another.

MY11: By default, remote control does not operate windows (Duy's experience), but Lexus of Parramatta says it can be configured (after initially saying it couldn't).

@Duy, after seeing the dealer, does the remote now work the way you want it to?

MY09 here... remote buttons will lock & close sunroof/windows or vice versa.

Didn't have to ask the dealer to change anything on the fob, unless Sutherland have finally proved their worth and did it without asking.

I just had my IS250c first serviced done at Lexus Parramatta yesterday on 01/09/11 and spk with Roger the service manager, excellent customer service and was very nice to deal with. I had few things checked out for warranty purposes and he was ver keen to assist. I though I should share this as I was but hesitant earlier going to Lexus Parramatta because of some adverse comments earlier.

Thanks for the reply for my question earlier and Lexus can not add the feature in my remote to close the rood or windows automatically.

Regards

Meerut-vis