Lexus Isf Aftermarket Exhaust ?

Bennee

Good Evening All!

I have just purchased my first Lexus ISF (MY11) and im looking to find a nice aftermarket exhaust system (Preferrably Cat Back)

Does anyone have any Success Stories with there Lexus or can recommend a brand / style for the ISF?

Im really hoping to bring out that beatiful 5.0L V8 tone.

Speak Soon!

Benny.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty available, but I personally like my JoeZ exhaust which i imported from the states. They are available thru Chatswood Lexus , call and chat to Sid in service and he should be able to hook you up.

Ive even had police comment on how tough the car sounds..... :D

Thank you mate! will do....

i actually bought mine from Chatswood Lexus so the hook up wont be an issue :)

Can i ask what the new System set you back dollars wise? i really have no idea what im up for....

cheers

there are alot of systems you can buy for the ISF

btw we have a ISF section so in future please start your threads there

1. Custom

2. Joe Z

3. ISS

4. Borla

5. HKS

6. Greddy

7. Aqurai (sumthing like that) from japan

8. LEM,s

9. Fujitsubo

there are more but thats just on top of my head

hi ben

my car is in the shop at the moment getting a custom exhaust fitted

if you wait till mid next week, mine should be back and i will let you know how it is

the guy that is doing mine also has a in house dyno ,so i will get to know ,how much kw he has gained.

john m

Good Morning All!

Thank you so much for the responses !

Malibu - i would love the oppurtunity to see how the exhaust sounds in persons so that maybe something i take you up on...

im looking to make a purchase in the next few months so when it comes closer to time of purchase i will contact the forum again for final advice ...

thank you again

Still no mention of pricing? :)

Dave, the JoeZ fitted to my car was one of the first imported into Aussie, i know this cause i imported it myself :D , price was $1599, plus freight.. which made the total around the $2200 mark, but then i saved a fair bit by fitting it myself...

Still no mention of pricing? :)

Dave, the JoeZ fitted to my car was one of the first imported into Aussie, i know this cause i imported it myself :D , price was $1599, plus freight.. which made the total around the $2200 mark, but then i saved a fair bit by fitting it myself...

thanks for that. So I dare say Chatswood Lexus wouldn't be that cheap?

A few questions

1. What does Lexus of chatswood charge to supply and fit the joez exhaust? Assuming since they are fitting an aftermarket product, warranty is not void?

2. Does fitting the exhaust only make a much louder noise? There aren't any other improvements to the power correct?

A few questions

1. What does Lexus of chatswood charge to supply and fit the joez exhaust? Assuming since they are fitting an aftermarket product, warranty is not void?

2. Does fitting the exhaust only make a much louder noise? There aren't any other improvements to the power correct?

1. Not to sure what they charge, But i would guess being a business they would have overheads and would charge a little extra to supply the exhaust . then fitment of the exhaust, would prob be a few hours labour. ( which should vary as the 02 sensors can either come straight out, or be a absolute bitch to get out , the latter taking longer of course)

Was told there were no probs regarding exhaust and warranty .

2. Yes the exhaust is a bit louder, however the U.S guys are reporting gains of "up to 25 whp" and i got 278 kws at the wheels with just a JoeZ intake (which i have for sale ) and exhaust .

See from my pics below , the JoeZ exhaust is a damn nice looking bit of kit...

You can see the secondary Cats which are a massive restriction in the system, removing these gains power

post-4062-0-51189900-1330560361_thumb.jp

The elbow here where the pipes go from one back out to two pipes, is a crazy tight bend.. also a restriction....!

post-4062-0-75476800-1330560383_thumb.jp

You can see the flat pipe here, Which pipe you think would flow better.?

post-4062-0-22110000-1330561217_thumb.jp

It actually costs close to $980 to ship these directly from L-Tuned. So not taking GST & Aus$ into consideration that's $2700 (import may be exempt as it's made in the USA)

I initially got Sid from Chatswood Lexus to order one for me to save on freight by throwing it on the back of other orders from L-Tuned. I think he ended up ordering close to 6 systems which I believe have now all been sold..... Cost at the time was around the $2700 which included fitting and peace of mind that it was all covered under warranty.

Yes it's loud and yes there is drone around 1800rpm but I love it. It's a weekend ride for me so it's not overwhelming.

Have a listen for yourself before you commit & I highly recommend going through Chatswood. They have been excellent in every regard.

Cheers

Mike

Hi, Lexus of Brisbane charged $3300.00 all up although in fairness that was when the exchange rate was around 70 cents to the dollar.

Still under full warranty. I agree with Mike about the slight drone at certain revs, mine is a daily driver and I have no problem with it.

As somebody has mentioned, gains are around the 25-35 RWHp with the JoeZ from what we have seen from overseas dynos.

I'm sure Lexus now offer a packaged "Sports " upgrade, you'd have to check but I believe it includes JoeZ intake, polished intake manifold and Joe Z exhaust for about $5K. Lexus are claiming a 50KW improvement (@ wheels or engine, don't know) but I'm not so sure.

hi guys,

got my car back late yesterday and now it sounds like a true v8, only got 22kw at rear, but off the mark and through the gears a different car .

i am very happy with it , but the boss(the wife) said its a bit to loud.

its is fitted with 2 1/2 s/s pipes and special rear mufflers which were made in melb

if you would like to know anymore just let me know

thanks johnm

HI all ISF lovers,

I have owned the ISF since 2009 and recently got the exhaust upgraded to the Joe Z Manifold with the Icode Cold air intake. First day on the road with the mods and wow, it has really changed the sound and I love the noise.

thanks to Carlos and Sid at Lexus Chatswood for a great modification.

too much rain to really test it but I will give it a run in all conditions over the next couple of weeks and post an update.

so far I love it!

brian

HI all ISF lovers,

I have owned the ISF since 2009 and recently got the exhaust upgraded to the Joe Z Manifold with the Icode Cold air intake. First day on the road with the mods and wow, it has really changed the sound and I love the noise.

thanks to Carlos and Sid at Lexus Chatswood for a great modification.

too much rain to really test it but I will give it a run in all conditions over the next couple of weeks and post an update.

so far I love it!

brian

The Icode intake while being quite pricey .. is an amazing bit of kit.!

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your responses.

Im pretty much new to this. I've never upgraded to an aftermarket exhaust/cold air intake before. Infact I wasn't even sure if this was worth the $$$. All I knew was that it brought out the V8 sound and not even sure what the cold air intake does. I really need to get on to Google more:).

Having said all the above, I emailed Sid at the lexus service centre and I took the plunge and booked my car in for next Wednesday.

I will be getting them to install the JOE Z Exhaust & ICODE cold air intake at the same time. Cost is $3600 to install both of them. To actually check if they installed the cold air intake, is it very visible when you open the hood?

I'm hoping I will notice the difference in performace:)

I bought the Icode intake just for the Stealth look, Its not made what you would expect for $350-$400, but i guess its slightly better what was fitted from factory..

As you can see, the intake is right there ! , so yes you should be able to see it .

post-4062-0-60956000-1330655114_thumb.jp

Just be sure they don't over tighten the air box clamp, and it will crack the air box and your engine will breath in unfiltered and unmetered air., the latter causing your air / fuel ratios to be all over the place.!

How did everyone transport their OEM exhaust home? Totally forgot how I was going to do this once the dealer installs the JOE Z? Do you know if the OEM exhaust will fit in the ISF (Highly doubtful).. Or can the parts be dismantled in anyway and boxed up?

Worst comes to worst, I might have to call Pack and Send to pick it all up and box it up and deliver to my home.