Lets be real, what do you guys think about the Lexus Keys. Personally to me, they're kinda dodge and looks cheap with those nasty plastic. :D what do you guys think about them?

It doesn't look any worse than any other fob. The logo on the understated casing should speak enough class.

The best next step is not to improve the fob, but to eliminate it. Every Lexus should come with a card key. And, once NFC becomes commonplace on smartphones, it should become an optional method for opening and starting the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they're awesome. Check out the 'key' from a i-tech prius if you want cheap and nasty! same functions, mostly, but very lightweight and lacks the solid feel.

I recently forgot my key in my jeans and put them in the washing machine. No damamge whatsoever, and no water got inside! I was amazed (and happy)

I wouldn't want to try that with the prius equivalent, that's for sure.

• 1 month later...

I've lost a fob too.I hear they are about $500 to replace through a dealer.Your up for about 5k if you loose both (i think) Im keen for a cheaper option tho

Yer the ones from Swell are a lot cheaper, but not sure how hard or expensive it is to program. Yer I was told around the $500 mark for a new Key from my local dealer and told the same thing 5K if I lose both so hmm. Not sure but $500 for a key seems a bit steep ,

IF any one has programed one them self's or had one done any info would be great.

Chees

In response to getting smart keys from sewells in the states, they have told me the smart keys for U.S is250 are on a different frequency to australia. Their around 440mhz ours are 315mhz. In other words they wont work. Im still waiting for the salesman i bought my is250 off to get back to me. Been over a week and still heard nothing. Guess hes sold the car doesnt want to know me now

i got a quote from lexus chatswood before... key fob $500, key cut $100, program $300.... and if after a credit card key, 800 card key, 300 program...and the keys from US won't work...

i like the look at feel of BMW keys, how the emblem is a physical button, but thats all just little stuff that doesnt really matter haha

The Lexus fob will still work when flat. You just need to hold it near the Start button for ~30 seconds and it will magically read it.

(Probably some sort of induction loop/charger).

i think you just need to put out battery key fob next to start button then press, it will start... didn't know it will charge itself when next to the button???

Page 369 of the user manual. You actually need to touch the Lexus logo on the back of the fob to the metal ring around the Start button.