AirBag recall IS350 Aug 2010 to Dec 2012

IS 350 is now also included in the recalls for the passenger airbag.

Chassis numbers below.

Passenger Front Airbag Inflator Lexus IS 350 IS 350

05025201 - 05029666. From 2nd Aug 2010 through 26th Dec 2011

05029670 - 05031711. From 6th Jan 2012 through  26th Dec 2012

Bazzle

VIN Table_2 5029627.pdf

Air Bag recall VIN TABLE.pdf

8 minutes ago, bazzle said:

My notice to contact dealer turned up last night. 

We will see what happens when they call back re courtesy car etc.

I got my letter for a few days ago.  Only had the car 18 months and this is my 2nd recall but ah well, better to be safe than sorry.  First recall was for some cooling fans screws and other minor things.  Got a new loaner for the day, free wash, free interior clean and a Lexus gift..........................a box of Lexus tissues lol.

So i might book mine when my car is really dirty again haha

The tissues are to cry into lol

Mine goes in in 2 weeks time. They quoted min 2, max 3hrs.

Will look at a rattle under load at 2k rpm whilst its there :(

The service centre is just down the road from me, ill get a nice loan car to tryout, cost me nothing.. I couldn't care less haha! My ISF is booked in for about a months time, as thats what suited me. If needed they even pickup and drop off my car, whats not to love!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had both recalls done on my 2007 IS250 yesterday at Blackburn Lexus in Melbourne.

Excellent service, very time efficient and my wife was impressed with the complete setup - Thank you Blackburn Lexus!! :)  

On 3/8/2017 at 0:45 PM, Sparky said:

The service centre is just down the road from me, ill get a nice loan car to tryout, cost me nothing.. I couldn't care less haha! My ISF is booked in for about a months time, as thats what suited me. If needed they even pickup and drop off my car, whats not to love!

free loan car? lexus of blackburn said yes technically its free, however if there is an accident, i would need to pay $3000. or i could pay $30 to reduce this to something like $500...

They (Melb City Lexus) told me 2hrs to 3 Max. Blackburn is closer to me but I purchased from Melb City.

My wife and I are going to 'explore' Melb for a few hours :)

Booked mine in a few weeks ago Lexus Parramatta but first available date was end Aug so ended up settling on a date mid Sep.  Much longer than expected but not phased, dont expect any issues with mine regarding the recall.  They'll give me a loaner as well.  Hopefully the GSF so i can upgrade the ISF but highly doubt it lol