New member with my all black exterior GSF here~

LesterLau

Hello everyone, recently I just got my second-hand GSF, and I sent it to repaint the wheel,  get the whole car transparent film and details in black stickers. I love my reborn all blackGSF and hope to share it with all you guys. And I am truly looking forward to meeting you around Sydney and have a great time outdoors driving our lovely cars.

WechatIMG26.jpeg

WechatIMG20.jpeg

WechatIMG21.jpeg

WechatIMG24.jpeg

WechatIMG23.jpeg

WechatIMG22.jpeg

Awesome machine and congrats on the purchase.  Im a little biased as my ISF is all black and ive since got black wheels and before i knew it, almost all my exterior is black (badges, trim etc).

Harder to keep clean but looks mean when clean.

So what mods do you intend on doing (Ps Even though you may say keep it stock, im sure you'll mod it in due time).  I swore to keep my ISF stock and before i knew it, i had an exhaust, tune, headers, Vline and other goodies installed lol

Not as flash as your new beast but my trusted old ISF is still going strong :-)

IMG_20180428_053327_319.thumb.jpg.9db25833ece1f41ee4b3467f1964a7dc.jpg

• Like 1

Hi buddy,

I really like your all black ISF, excited to receive your message. But the black cars get dirty or scratch easily so I get it into a transparent film.

I am not sure how to tune and modify my car, do you have some recommendation for the workshop?

cheers buddy I am convinced that we would love our baby car more and more.

21 hours ago, LesterLau said:

Hi buddy,

I really like your all black ISF, excited to receive your message. But the black cars get dirty or scratch easily so I get it into a transparent film.

I am not sure how to tune and modify my car, do you have some recommendation for the workshop?

cheers buddy I am convinced that we would love our baby car more and more.

I didnt think about the clear film but went with Ceramic coating.  Got a detailer to carry out the work, minor paint correction etc before applying the ceramic.  Still gets dirty despite what some people think (Ceramic cars cant get dirty lol) but everything does bead off being hyrdrophobic.  Cleaning is much easier and it has a deep gloss in person.  Especially in shaded areas, parking lots, garage etc.  Always looks glossy/reflective even when dirty.  Might wrap it next time, who knows.

Depends where you are located, what state.  In Syd there are several choices to tune an ISF but GSF not so sure.  I think RR from the states provide a tune given they do supercharge kits for it and their tuned intake etc but its not 100% custom to your car, more to the mods you are purchasing.  Some like it (after sales support, ease of download for the tune/install etc) but others prefer local tuner specific to your car, you can go revisit if any issues in person etc.

Others might have to chime in but im sure there are few who can tune a RCF/GSF (could be wrong but im sure ive read some who have done it).

Anyways id get the tune last, get whatever mods you intend on getting and then get the tune to match all of that vs retunes which just cost more.  i.e. Exhaust, headers, intake (questionable regarding power, you'll find sources proving HP gains but also more heatsoak unless covered, retaining some kind of air box) etc.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:37 AM, BLK ISF said:

I didnt think about the clear film but went with Ceramic coating.  Got a detailer to carry out the work, minor paint correction etc before applying the ceramic.  Still gets dirty despite what some people think (Ceramic cars cant get dirty lol) but everything does bead off being hyrdrophobic.  Cleaning is much easier and it has a deep gloss in person.  Especially in shaded areas, parking lots, garage etc.  Always looks glossy/reflective even when dirty.  Might wrap it next time, who knows.

Depends where you are located, what state.  In Syd there are several choices to tune an ISF but GSF not so sure.  I think RR from the states provide a tune given they do supercharge kits for it and their tuned intake etc but its not 100% custom to your car, more to the mods you are purchasing.  Some like it (after sales support, ease of download for the tune/install etc) but others prefer local tuner specific to your car, you can go revisit if any issues in person etc.

Others might have to chime in but im sure there are few who can tune a RCF/GSF (could be wrong but im sure ive read some who have done it).

Anyways id get the tune last, get whatever mods you intend on getting and then get the tune to match all of that vs retunes which just cost more.  i.e. Exhaust, headers, intake (questionable regarding power, you'll find sources proving HP gains but also more heatsoak unless covered, retaining some kind of air box) etc.

Yup the same function of my clear film, when it is raining the water would bead off and it is much easier to clean. At first I have been considering to go with Ceramic coating, but the film seems more protective so I choose it.

I am in Sydney and I am trying to find a good workshop dealing with GSF. Maybe the number of GSF is relatively too small so it is hard to find a sample for modifying the GSF.

I am a beginner to the modifying car industry, I need to ask you guys professional more to know more ^_^.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:37 AM, BLK ISF said:

I should visit more workshops to compare easier and then find a suitable one to modify my baby.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I’ve only done bolt on mods so to avoid/limit voiding warranty.

I put on an Apexi exhaust midpipe to make it sound better, intake pipe and filter, rr racing heat shield for the intake and rr racing oil/air separator canister.  These mods don’t give you a gain in power as such (maybe a little if you believe the sales pitch and Dyno), just make it a bit more responsive.  I also installed an Apexi throttle controller which doesn’t add power but makes the throttle so much more responsive.....

i would like to install PPE headers but need to save up $’s for that.  Tune would be good but I reckon they would see that and void your warranty if you had a power train issue.

Ive kept mine stock and i do have a set of PPE Headers at home but don't think i will put them on. I have got the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres and can say that the grip is phenomenally higher than on the factory Pilot Super Sports. Day and Night. Take off is immediate. No slip.