Anyone Have Pod Filter In Their Altezza?

I know the factory air flow sensor is actually inside the airbox,so what can I do if I want to replace the factory air box to pod filter????I think there must be some japan brand make adapter for it,anyone know anything?and maybe where to buy in nz as well??prices??thanks

I know the factory air flow sensor is actually inside the airbox,so what can I do if I want to replace the factory air box to pod filter????I think there must be some japan brand make adapter for it,anyone know anything?and maybe where to buy in nz as well??prices??thanks

The airflow sensor is scewed to the airbox and so it can come out. Then when you purchase the Apexi Pod intake, you screw the sensor to the adaptor pipe that comes with it.

Very important that the sensor goes in the correct way or the car will not run properly, aye Matt :lol:

Pm LsportlineIS300 (Matt) he will get one at a good price for you if you are interested.

GReddy make 1 also. This is what I have in my car.

Same concept as Apexí, you will have to take the hotwire out of the original AFM and put into aftermarket 1.

I have a Trust/Airnx foam pod filter. Very good with high flow. Can recommend 1 of these pod filters :)

Corey

The airflow sensor is scewed to the airbox and so it can come out. Then when you purchase the Apexi Pod intake, you screw the sensor to the adaptor pipe that comes with it.

Very important that the sensor goes in the correct way or the car will not run properly, aye Matt :lol:

Pm LsportlineIS300 (Matt) he will get one at a good price for you if you are interested.

um,...but I have been told beside the air flow meter there is another thing inside the factory box which make it work as well...

so you guys which got the pod airfilter just take out the air flow sensor and plug in the adapter that come with the airfilter then it work???

um,...but I have been told beside the air flow meter there is another thing inside the factory box which make it work as well...

so you guys which got the pod airfilter just take out the air flow sensor and plug in the adapter that come with the airfilter then it work???

inside the factory box there is a flap that closes off the air flow from the intake duct from the front of the car. Why? I do not know.

I have taken the flap mechanism out of mine and have noticed a bit more intake noise.

The flap only closes of the airflow with manifold vacum and has what I think is an accumulator that holds the vacum untill the solenoid valve is opened at around a few thousand rpm.

when you replace the box with a pod, you need to remove a vacum line from the top of the throttle body and block it off.

"blitz" make an excellent kit that comes with everything, basically just unbolt the old one and on with the new. I did mine in an hour flat, car now has awesome induction noise, but as discussed by others on previous posts, has some lag around the 4000rpm line. 'blitz'kit is a little expensive though!!! but if you contact distributor direct should get a discounted price. matt's still the man to source any of this stuff

HOOn:I have a look at the factory airbox today and find that there two thing actually bolt on to it,one is the airflow sensor another one is a vaccum hose,when changing it to a pod,the air flow sensor have to attached on the adaptor,and what you mean is I have to block the vaccum hose??

sorry about too many question but thanks for help!!

and I also find that when put the gear in N and press the thottle,when the rev go over 2000rpm such as 3000rpm,when it on it's way drop down back to ide,the rpm will stop a little bit on the 2000rpm the go back to ide....anyone know why??

HOOn:I have a look at the factory airbox today and find that there two thing actually bolt on to it,one is the airflow sensor another one is a vaccum hose,when changing it to a pod,the air flow sensor have to attached on the adaptor,and what you mean is I have to block the vaccum hose??

sorry about too many question but thanks for help!!

when you disconnect the the small air hose off the top of the throttle body, you then need to block the small tube that the hose came off.

Also I believe for best results when installing a pod, you should also install a Apexi SAFC or similar, so you can fine tune/cheat the ECU.

when you install an apexi intake, they actually give you the SAFC settings in the instructions.

It makes sense to need a SAFC because the intake systems flow alot better and so you need to able to adjust other parameters, like fuel delivery.

As everyone has said... you need to block off the vacumn hose that opens the flap to allow more air into the factory air box.

I have my car fitted with a HKS RS Induction Kit. The kit was really easy to install, hardest part it removing the factory air box (and that is easy).

If you click on the link in my sig it will take to my car in the garage, and in there you can see the induction kit installed and you will see the Air Flow sensor installed on the front of the alloy piping.

Good Luck

David

HOON:ok,I think I totally understand what you mean,I think Matt have a Apexi airfilter kit,I will take his one and install on the car,thanks for your help.

also thanks all the people that give me idea about the airfilter,thanks ;)

finally got my Apexi air intake kit on.... took me 2 hours to do it right..... I couldnt find anything perfectlly block the vaccum hole,,so I use a little srew to help... it works..... :D

feel any difference? not really big different....not really satisfied.....But it is better than the stock airbox.... looks better.. ;)

not to be a pain but you should feel a difference especially after 4500 rpm to redline with this filter, not a larger power increase but the car should rev freer and rev more aggressivly. If not I would check the install again and the airflow meter etc

cheers...........Hayden

i put together a little cheap kit as an experiment...basically a hacked up IS300 intake kit off ebay.

anyway the stock airbox with an apexi drop in filter has LOADS more power and toruqe. a friend and i have deduced that the intake was sucking hot air combined with the maf being so close to the filter....subjected to alot of turbulant air flow.

I have seen and installed the Apexi kit and its top notch. I wouldnt get any pod filter kit without a heat sheild.

Also ....not trying to be offensive but foam filters suck....they dry rot and dont stop much crap from getting into the engine. They are just as bad as the blitz SUS power metal filters. The blitz ones flow just as good as the apexi filters but the apexi ones have much better filtration. Problem is this filtration quality will drop over time where as the blitz will stay constant because the element doesnt erode.