Hi Guys,

A question for all you IS250 drivers out there. How is the fuel milage on this car? I presently have a IS200 AUTO and manage to get around 550K out of a tank of PULP which costs around 87 to fill. How are you guys finding the IS250? How much to fill and how many k's do you get? I am a little worries the way prices are going up these days!!! :unsure:

Also I do a ton of k's for work, so was wondering can you put the E10 fuel in this car? and what do you do when there is no PULP? Can you put normal ULP? There have been quite a few shortages for PULP around Sydney in the last few weeks.

I never fill mine up to your $87 mark, i only fill max $60 each time and that was with around 30Kms left to travel. It's hard to say how much you can get out of a full tank as everyone's driving style is different, trafiic conditions differs, price of fuel differs etc. But if you must know, for me if i were to put in $87 of PULP, i think i would better your mark of 550K...again depends on cost per Litre. you only meant to put in PULP for the 250, so ULP was never an option, you just have to get PULP.

At the end of the day you have to enjoy your car and as much as i am a conscious person of things like fuel consumption, Kms travelled on the Odo etc, i have to concede that in my car the only thing that matters is the enjoyment of driving. The car isnt used for alot of driving (thankfully) but each time i drive it i don't think of muc else other than enjoyment.

If you are fuel conscious (due to driving heaps), best to get a small hatch. cos then not only will you not worry about fuel consumption, but you will not worry about other costs such as maintance costs, insurances etc. My 2 cents anyway.

I usually wait till the trip computer tells me I have less than 20 k to go before filling the tank. I get 500k out of it. It all depends on where you drive highway/city and how you drive the car. I do very little freeway driving but heaps of stop/start driving in traffic.

I only fill it up with PULP, though the salesman told me it will run on regular for a while - if I ever get stuck.

I'm as conscious about fuel costs as the next guy I guess. The IS250 fits somewhere between the V8 I wish I had under the bonnet, and the SMART car I would never drive - even if I could buy one for $100.00 :D

Yeah all valid points peeps :)

I really enjoy driving my IS200, I drove a rented Yaris the other day and that thing does great on fuel, but somehow it feels like am I am back to riding a bike again :lol: , I think I might stick with my IS250 let's just hope these fuel prices stabilise. Wonder if Lexus is going to bring the Is250D to au?

That would be the IS220d and i doubt it.

This is Lexus' first diesel engine and I think it hurts their image a bit even though it is a good engine.

There's really just not enough market here as for example, you'll see a lot more 320i's than you do 320d's even though the 320d is a better engine overall.

In my IS250 Auto, I have done a combination of highway and city driving from a full tank of 545km with a bit more than a quarter left in the tank before I filled up.

The fuel range computer said I had ~110km left to go with that last quarter but that probably will change.

That's a rough guide for ya - Like others said, everyone's driving style is different.

• 3 weeks later...

For a 2006 is250 Prestige (auto) here are my stats...

PETROL = 95RON, every 4th-5th tank I go with 98RON.

HIGHWAY = 6.7-7.5L/100km. (flat driving on freeways 100-110km/h) Yes from Melbourne to Geelong Ive had it as low as 6.7 L/100km. Usually low 7's in country driving (out of Melbourne, a little hilly).

CITY = 9.5-11.0L/100km. (melbourne inner northern suburbs, 70km/h max. - stop/start, usually peak hour) Admittedly I'm not experiencing prolonged 'car parks', like the Eastern or Monash Fwys though.

DRIVING STYLE - Yes, Iam fairly conservative on the pedal, but if I do 'push it', the economy might only be 0.5L/100km more.

TANK = The car performs better with a fair bit of fuel in the tank. I hope IS250 owners realise the car handles and performs better with a fuller tank. This is because the tank is actually deliberately located over the rear axle, helping with weight distribution and aerodynamics - by having weight over the rear axle, the downforce created by the stepped undercarriage helps hugs the car to the road better. Make sense?

TYRES = I always add just a couple more psi to each tyre (37front/40rear) as opposed to 35/38 as specced on the Prestige.

I find that everytime I fill the IS250 to full - The range computer estimates I will get approx 575km mileage out of the tank.

I'm not sure if it's a preset each time you have a full tank??

I have always filled it up with Mobil 98RON.

What are other peoples readings like?

The 'Approx Range' reading after a 'fill' is based on previous consumption. On a trip from Melb to Canberra, I filled to the top at Glenrowan (after 200kms on the freeway). It gave a mid 700kms figure.

Hmmm.... Let me get this straight. I get 500km (give or take 10) out of every tank of fuel. Yet my reading still resets to 575km after every fill (no I don't refill when I've still got a quarter tank, I wait till it tells me I've got less than 20km to go). Is mine broken, optimistic, or just mathematically challenged?

To 'last 1' - sounds as if there could be a problem, or you are just a very consistent driver. After filling up, my 'Range Approx' value varies a fair bit, based on my efficiency over the last couple of tanks. It can 480, 540, 560 or as high as 720km. Sounds as if yours might need re-calibrating.

To 'last 1' - sounds as if there could be a problem, or you are just a very consistent driver. After filling up, my 'Range Approx' value varies a fair bit, based on my efficiency over the last couple of tanks. It can 480, 540, 560 or as high as 720km. Sounds as if yours might need re-calibrating.

Interesting. I had always thought that it reset itself to a 'default' reading whenever I filled up. I always presumed that even though I'd never reached the default mileage, it would be achievable if I was doing more highway driving. My driving is mostly local, and a full tank lasts me about a fortnight. I'm curious to see what the reading is next time I fill up. I'll post my result.

Interesting, I mainly travel on the same route each week but my driving conditions change.

I've found that with my Auto IS250 - The mileage range computer will display 575KM if I continue pushing past the first click at the petrol pump.

I have had a couple of times whilst filling up reaching the first click and I get a nice rounded up $ number. It would report something like 563km etc. If I had pushed beyond that initial click it might even push it towards the 575km mark. That's what I've noticed on my Auto and filling up with 98 RON each time.

All IS250's whether Prestige, sports, Sports luxury should have the same engine configuration.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

A question for all you IS250 drivers out there. How is the fuel milage on this car? I presently have a IS200 AUTO and manage to get around 550K out of a tank of PULP which costs around 87 to fill. How are you guys finding the IS250? How much to fill and how many k's do you get? I am a little worries the way prices are going up these days!!! :unsure:

Also I do a ton of k's for work, so was wondering can you put the E10 fuel in this car? and what do you do when there is no PULP? Can you put normal ULP? There have been quite a few shortages for PULP around Sydney in the last few weeks.

God, dont complain about fuel if you are driving an IS. Mine was recently in an accident, its been 2 months and the car is still being repaired. I've been driving a jeep in the meantime and it is KILLING me. Its costing me $250 a week in fuel, my lexus costs me maybe $90.

• 4 years later...

Has anyone notice a change in the fuel reading when they change wheels?

Mine's reading less than i upgraded 10.4L vs 9.6L. Wouldn't it be the opposite going bigger?

Has anyone notice a change in the fuel reading when they change wheels?

Mine's reading less than i upgraded 10.4L vs 9.6L. Wouldn't it be the opposite going bigger?

I have noticed a difference in tyres, when we had the original Turanza? we used to get under 9 consistently, changed to Pirelli P7 , we struggle to keep it under 10...same roads traveled every day.

I'm still not seeing it moved from 9.6. I think i might have to wait till the next fuel load.

Ave is 10.4 (used to be 10.6), Tank Ave is 9.6 (used to be 10.6).

I was averaging 9.1 on 18's. (about 50k) I average 10 now with exhaust & ait intake change. I drive maybe(!!) a lot harder now just to hear the exhaust. Plus track days don't do much for the average. :)