im getting sick of the brakes on my car lol

i need more feel and bite...

im thinking of changing the whole brake system to brembos

wat do u guys recon

Hey ilv',

If ya serious about your brakes, yeh, ya can't go past the Brembos!! 6pots, you will be stopping on a dime!! Again, if ya serious, and I guess money ain't an issue considering that ya just bought a brand new RX350 aswell lol !!!! I assume you will be changing the rotors as well!?!?!

Love to see em on!!

im getting sick of the brakes on my car lol

i need more feel and bite...

im thinking of changing the whole brake system to brembos

wat do u guys recon

I have always thought of going to Brembo's, depending on the price I would be keen on going in with you for a brake upgrade. Maybe we could score a better price on the parts.

well i used to have an evo so i know what the going prices are for the brembos

ofcourse the rotors will be used

but only thing im concerned about is the brackets

im guessing custom brackets will have to be used..

well i used to have an evo so i know what the going prices are for the brembos

ofcourse the rotors will be used

but only thing im concerned about is the brackets

im guessing custom brackets will have to be used..

Mate, a couple of the guys on CL changed to the Brembos and I don't recall any mention of significant mounting issues. I will try to dig up their posts!!

if ya serious, and I guess money ain't an issue

Just out of interest, what sort of costs would you be looking at? I've never upgraded the brakes on a car before (my 350Z already had Brembos ;) )

korvan,

do you notice any huge difference between the IS brakes and the Z Brembos?

also, how are you finding the drop in ponies?

A massive difference. The Brembos took a lot more punishment before going soft and they definitely had better stopping power (needed in the Z).

There's no comparison really, which is probably why I'm so interested in the IS F (except for the projected price). That said, the IS250 has a lot of guts for a little engine and I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of the 6-speed auto, for the car that it is.

I still miss the Z though. :( The decision to get rid of it is a long story, and involves my wife "helping" me. I guess it's only fair given the amount of money spent on fines and such but, as I said to her at the time, a car like the Z just isn't made for going slow. She (the Z) honestly hated anything under 80kph and absolutely purred at 120kph and over. Unsurprisingly, I discovered this to be quite the opposite with the wife...

A massive difference. The Brembos took a lot more punishment before going soft and they definitely had better stopping power (needed in the Z).

There's no comparison really, which is probably why I'm so interested in the IS F (except for the projected price). That said, the IS250 has a lot of guts for a little engine and I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of the 6-speed auto, for the car that it is.

I still miss the Z though. :( The decision to get rid of it is a long story, and involves my wife "helping" me. I guess it's only fair given the amount of money spent on fines and such but, as I said to her at the time, a car like the Z just isn't made for going slow. She (the Z) honestly hated anything under 80kph and absolutely purred at 120kph and over. Unsurprisingly, I discovered this to be quite the opposite with the wife...

mate thats hilarious, not the fines of course! your predicament! but seriously, if the IS-F comes in at a suitable price doesn't that just put you back where you started! pretty sure the isf won't like >80km.h as well!

mate thats hilarious, not the fines of course! your predicament! but seriously, if the IS-F comes in at a suitable price doesn't that just put you back where you started! pretty sure the isf won't like >80km.h as well!

I'm sorta hoping that the luxury and style of the IS F will belie the power that lies beneath. The Z was an obvious tiger - the IS F not so much...

I'm sorta hoping that the luxury and style of the IS F will belie the power that lies beneath. The Z was an obvious tiger - the IS F not so much...

120km/h is still 120km/h whether you do it in style or not! :-)

120km/h is still 120km/h whether you do it in style or not! :-)

True, but the speed is less obvious when people are admiring other characteristics of the car, especially when the admirers are passengers of the spousal sort... ;)