Hey guys,

Noticed a few of you have done the HID conversion, and LED interior and parkers, what other lighting mods have u done.

Found this mob on CL and thought some of their stuff for the IS looks pretty cool! (Don't know if they are cheap 'n nasties, but hey, what can go wrong with LEDS)!!!

Anyone done the Halos??

Lighting Joint

90069005SMTSMDLEDBulbHiBeamLEds.jpg"

i want angel eyes but cbf with the idea of baking the headlights in the oven to heat the glue. hav u seen those coloured scatter leds for headlights?

Hey Niick,

I've always liked the look. Just gotta look into how well it fills the light assy. U can always tell when its a dodgie install. Tell me more about what you thinking. thanks mate!

i want angel eyes but cbf with the idea of baking the headlights in the oven to heat the glue. hav u seen those coloured scatter leds for headlights?

Hey Niick,

I've always liked the look. Just gotta look into how well it fills the light assy. U can always tell when its a dodgie install. Tell me more about what you thinking. thanks mate!

i've been thinking about angel eyes for some time but same as niick. don't like the idea of baking the headlights!

if anyone knows someone who does it professionally i'd be interested!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Found this write up on how to change / get access to the mirror globe. Thought it would be good reference as I want to change my ones over to LED aswell!!

ok this was very easy to do..like pocky said move the mirror so it is all the way up..then i just put my hand in between the bottom of the mirror and the housing and i pryed it out..there are a couple of clips that come undone and then you pull it out and up to undo the hooks at the top...take out the screws...then slide the back of the housing off..twist the bulb out of the lense and then remove the bulb (its a wedge just pull it out) then put your new led wedge bulb in..(one thing i suggest is make sure the bulbs work before replacing anything..i had to do the drivers side twice because the bulb wasnt wedged in all the way) then replace the lense and the back of the mirror housing..replace the 3 screws...then hook the top of the mirror back in (its easiest if you look from underneath to make sure the hooks are lining up) then push the mirror in all around..its gonna move a bit but keep pushing one side at a time until it locks in

here are a few pics with the mirror off

puddle_lamps_003.JPG

puddle_lamps_004.JPG

puddle_lamps_005.JPG

puddle_lamps_012.JPG

puddle_lamps_007.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

great post project, may come in handy when i decide to change all my lights :)

Yeh, I remember Cevu mentioning something along those lines as well! The green is seriously old school! Why Lexus, why??? I like the white and blue, very classy........ The RGB for the start, not really a fan!!

On another lighting mod, we spoke about the Halo's. Check out how good this looks. Even the fogs are done. (The halos that is))!!!

Looks kinda mean!!!

Don't know if anyone else saw, but there was someone selling IS seats and headlight on ebay about 3weeks ago. I was tempted to buy the head light so that I could see whats involved in the dismantle and fitting of the halo!!! Anyway!

016.jpg

the actual process is easy, with the baking and all that sh!t.

i think many people cbf and dont like the idea of chucking headlights in the oven which is fair enuf.

someone donate me some angel eyes for the is250 and ill make a tutorial :)

Hi all,

Found this write up on how to change / get access to the mirror globe. Thought it would be good reference as I want to change my ones over to LED aswell!!

ok this was very easy to do..like pocky said move the mirror so it is all the way up..then i just put my hand in between the bottom of the mirror and the housing and i pryed it out..there are a couple of clips that come undone and then you pull it out and up to undo the hooks at the top...take out the screws...then slide the back of the housing off..twist the bulb out of the lense and then remove the bulb (its a wedge just pull it out) then put your new led wedge bulb in..(one thing i suggest is make sure the bulbs work before replacing anything..i had to do the drivers side twice because the bulb wasnt wedged in all the way) then replace the lense and the back of the mirror housing..replace the 3 screws...then hook the top of the mirror back in (its easiest if you look from underneath to make sure the hooks are lining up) then push the mirror in all around..its gonna move a bit but keep pushing one side at a time until it locks in

here are a few pics with the mirror off

puddle_lamps_003.JPG

puddle_lamps_004.JPG

puddle_lamps_005.JPG

puddle_lamps_012.JPG

puddle_lamps_007.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

couldn't help myself.......... it was the only mod i can afford at the moment..... :-)

sorry about pics, i'll get some better ones posted soon.

post-2533-1225711589_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1225711602_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1225711613_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1225711624_thumb.jpg

UFO!! What a crack!! :lol:

What would of been funny / shameful if someone did the RGB on the mirrors!!! Nooooooooo!!!

Seriously, I think it looks cool Cevu!! DId U do it recently?? Did you source the LEDs that plug straight in, (ebay) or did you fabricate some up?? Looks really bright!!

UFO!! What a crack!! :lol:

What would of been funny / shameful if someone did the RGB on the mirrors!!! Nooooooooo!!!

Seriously, I think it looks cool Cevu!! DId U do it recently?? Did you source the LEDs that plug straight in, (ebay) or did you fabricate some up?? Looks really bright!!

it is extremely bright at night but thats the way i wanted it. my car to light up like a xmas tree :-) just a set of blue SMD T10 Parkers off ebay. they were about 12 or so shipped. i also got a set of white ones for the parkers. they are really good quality and the light has a really nice look about them.

• 2 weeks later...
heres my lighting mod

Picture099.jpg

ISF LED lights

Where did you get the ISF mods from? How much. Definately gotta make the change.

Also did you do it yourself? Of get it done professionaly?

• 3 years later...

Thought it better to bring this topic back than start a new one

Has anyone installed halos to their headlights in aussie

A lot of people overseas have, hoping to find someone whos done it or just get an auto shop to do it.

Ebay halos seem to look nice enough i saw a guy post pics on a forum