Hi Everyone,

After about a year and a half… finally I am a proud owner of a new graphite coloured IS250! Signed up for it last week with my wife and we will be taking delivery of it during this coming weekend! We are both very excited :)

I’ll be taking some pics of the new baby soon and will post them up.

Since we signed up for the revised/refreshed 09 model, unfortunately I am not able to install the original Lexus Rear ground effects kit which I purchased during a group buy along with other members on this forum during the middle of this year from Sewel Lexus.

I was hoping to have it installed but was told by Lexus AUS that due to the bumper being different on the 09s, it will not be possible. This was also mentioned on other forums around the net.

So, if anyone that has a 06 to 08 model Graphite coloured IS (Colour code 1G0) and is interested in buying a rear ground effects kit just send me a PM. Remember guys, it is only the rear skirt and not the entire body kit.

Thanks everyone and Have a Happy New Year :)

Hi, congrats on the purchase. you will love the car!

I didn't know the 09 models differs inthe rear, did they say what was the difference?

Thanks - I'm sure that we will be enjoying it for many years to come.

As for the rear bumper, honestly speaking I don't see much of a difference. But they did make a slight change to the bottom part of the rear bumper though.

I think they call it a 'diffuser' (don't know if this is the right spelling or term - sorry).

I have found a pick of it on a Red coloured IS350. You have to scroll down and have a clear look at the bottom end of the bumper.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-...threads-33.html

Congrats on the purchase JML !! You guys will love it!!

IS350_Gound_Effects_Kit_Installed_049.jpg

JML,

Here is the GFX kit installed as ref..... Damn nice kit!.

Not sure how just the rear will look without the skirts! Not sure how you will purchase just the rear to replace it. Have you tried? What was your intention?? Will you try to source the replacement rear to compliment the rest of the kit?? Have you considered selling the entire kit if you are unable to source just the rear??

• 1 year later...

Congrats on the purchase JML !! You guys will love it!!

IS350_Gound_Effects_Kit_Installed_049.jpg

Hi, i k know this is an old post but do you still have the rear lower lip?

cheers

JML,

Here is the GFX kit installed as ref..... Damn nice kit!.

Not sure how just the rear will look without the skirts! Not sure how you will purchase just the rear to replace it. Have you tried? What was your intention?? Will you try to source the replacement rear to compliment the rest of the kit?? Have you considered selling the entire kit if you are unable to source just the rear??