I'm seriously thinking about making the change.

I currently have the IS250 2008 model Sports Luxury with 5217km on it. In mint condition. I am eyeing off the black IS-F in perth that is currently registered

and has about 400km on it.

As the RRP is 130k, and it is now registered, there will be no LCT, or Dealer delivery. Now the car market is not doing so well, I was wondering what

peoples thoughts would be on the price of an IS250 2008 sports luxury with 5217km would be. I bought the car outright.

Just wondering if its worth trying to get hold of their demo/registered black IS-F that is essentially second hand now and not a demo as it is registered.

They do have another white IS-F in the showroom that isnt registered.

I am yet to speak with the dealer, just was wondering what type of numbers would be ball park figures to know how much I should be asking.

If I could get 60k for the IS250, and the IS-F would have to be less than 120k now would be only 60k for an upgrade at worst I'm thinking.

I'm in Perth

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

PS, I don't want to sell my C63 AMG coz I still love racing that on the track on the weekends

Regards

I still can;t believe the IS-F only has seat warmers tho...and no coolers. Wonder why they cut back some luxury from a car 50k cheaper.

Would it be a weight issue or something?

I love the coolers on the IS250....but heating is still my fav...but id hate to loose the cooling

Not quite sure you can avoid the LCT though - unless it's already been paid previously by the current registered owner. As far as your pricing goes, I guess if you trade in the Luxury when purchasing the F, it'll just be a matter of "how much will the change over cost me Mr Salesman?". If your comfortable with change over cost - go for it. :D

Well the current IS250 sports luxury I have had 72km on it when I got it, and it was already registered for 12months. Because it was registered I didn't have to pay LCT on it. I just assumed it would be the same with the IS-F

Hope so...coz I saved a bundle on this current car because of that. Woulda cost me more to get the X that wasnt registered than and more km on it, than the sports luxury with 72km on it...just cos it had been registered - so I went with the SL, despite loving the wheels on the X

Pygothian - I have a 2006 prestige that Im thinking of updating soon (possibly an '08 SL - but Im in Melb, so cant help ya!!) and I have an eye on the market, but reckon a Lexus dealer will sell yours with those 'kays' on it for 70-72k, so probably would offer you 65-68k as a trade. And for the IS-F, you could probably do it for 120k - no less - as there is a waiting period on new 'F's' lasting til the mid year I believe. So if you're lucky, you might get a 50k changeover price. I reckon you should aim for that.

'Last1' is spot on about the LCT/rego issue on the 'demos'. Make sure that's clear with the dealer early. I think its to close a loophole in the LCT as Last1 and you correctly point out. I nearly got caught out by that.

As for the seat coolers, they are not fitted because the leather in the IS-F is not perforated like it is in the is250. Without the perforations, the cool air has nowhere to go!

• 1 month later...

pygothian - There is a website which provide pricing of private sale and trade in sale.

Here it is: http://www.redbook.com.au/

You probably get a changer over price around 55K based on the information from the redbook.com.

I got a Prestige 2007 model and I am also interested in trade in for the IS-F or maybe GT-R35.

Good luck with the trade in.

• 1 month later...

I traded my 07 IS 250 SL on an IS-F - it is fantastic

I got $55k but after much haggling (I also traded my SLK 280 - good riddance -so the overallowance was split between the 2) Basically I got 11k over their initial offer.

Good luck

Do it before 30 June, they will want to make a deal by the end of the fin yr. I think 50K changeover is very likely. Or come to Melbourne and talk to Simon at Lexus of Blackburn. He offered 63k for my 2008 sports IS250 which had 13000 kms on it. 70K is what I think your trade-in price is. If you can afford, better off getting a brand new ISF. I think we all know how demos are driven

good luck!

Guys stupid question is the IS-F the replacment of the IS250? or just an updated model?

Stupid question indeed :)

IS-F is the high performance version of the IS250, with a 5 litre V8...

• 2 weeks later...
Guys stupid question is the IS-F the replacment of the IS250? or just an updated model?

Stupid question indeed :)

IS-F is the high performance version of the IS250, with a 5 litre V8...

:lol: damn, couldnt find a facepalm emoticon.