Hi All,

My car is Nov 2008 built, model My09 (blinkers in mirrors, new lights, slightly changed interior etc.), came with GPS Ver14 originally. I upgraded it to Ver15 (dvd) but... few months ago I drove IS250C. While I was playing around with it, I checked the satnav and it had different graphics to mine. I thought it was the IS250C special version so it looks better in direct sun. Fair enough... just few minutes ago I was browsing around different IS250s on carsales and I've noticed a My10 IS250 with a different looks on the screen. Buttons seem sharper, with surrounding edges on them. It is exactly the same look as I experienced on the IS250C. Question - if this is the Ver15 map, how can I upgrade the actual software so it looks this way, rather than the *older* (blueish/goldish button shadows) version? I know that My10 IS250 has got few changes like USB connector, revised MR switch but... what about the software? Is there a way of upgrading it via the DVD? If so - can someone with a brand new IS250 My10 help out? I'm sure there would be more people for this upgrade option than me only.

In case I could help - I have the Ver15 dvd map if anyone needs it.

Thank you in advance :)

what about the software? Is there a way of upgrading it via the DVD? If so - can someone with a brand new IS250 My10 help out? I'm sure there would be more people for this upgrade option than me only.

Thank you in advance :)

I know I'd be interested in that sort of software upgrade! I doubt it has anything to do with ver15, of course.

Isn't Ver16 due out soon?

I know I'd be interested in that sort of software upgrade! I doubt it has anything to do with ver15, of course.

Isn't Ver16 due out soon?

Not sure on Ver16 but will visit my dealer next week and see what they can do with the software upgrade.

I've seen the newest satnav screen, they do look great! But I don't think map version upgrade will change anything. It does contain firmware update data, but the update is not that extreme, that it will change the look of it. Not sure if you've ever seen IS300's satnav, or even RX330's satnav screens, but they are a bit more old school, more pixelated than the ones we got, and upgrading to a newer map DVD doesn't change them at all. Going by that, I doubt it that you can change this one either. It will most likely sit embedded within the satnav ECU. Of course I could be wrong, but going by past experience with previous lexus satnav updates, it's probably the same deal.

I've seen the newest satnav screen, they do look great! But I don't think map version upgrade will change anything. It does contain firmware update data, but the update is not that extreme, that it will change the look of it. Not sure if you've ever seen IS300's satnav, or even RX330's satnav screens, but they are a bit more old school, more pixelated than the ones we got, and upgrading to a newer map DVD doesn't change them at all. Going by that, I doubt it that you can change this one either. It will most likely sit embedded within the satnav ECU. Of course I could be wrong, but going by past experience with previous lexus satnav updates, it's probably the same deal.

Well, in the new RX series that satnav exists too. Not sure Mate, not sure if it can or can't be upgraded. I will check with my dealer. Thanks for the info on older navs anyway, much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

OK checked with a few dealers around and the outcome is ... impossible, unless I change main ECU, drivers, remap the settings for the whole car etc. etc. Damn, I guess I will just sit and wait for some miracle LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My car is Nov 2008 built, model My09 (blinkers in mirrors, new lights, slightly changed interior etc.), came with GPS Ver14 originally. I upgraded it to Ver15 (dvd) but... few months ago I drove IS250C. While I was playing around with it, I checked the satnav and it had different graphics to mine. I thought it was the IS250C special version so it looks better in direct sun. Fair enough... just few minutes ago I was browsing around different IS250s on carsales and I've noticed a My10 IS250 with a different looks on the screen. Buttons seem sharper, with surrounding edges on them. It is exactly the same look as I experienced on the IS250C. Question - if this is the Ver15 map, how can I upgrade the actual software so it looks this way, rather than the *older* (blueish/goldish button shadows) version? I know that My10 IS250 has got few changes like USB connector, revised MR switch but... what about the software? Is there a way of upgrading it via the DVD? If so - can someone with a brand new IS250 My10 help out? I'm sure there would be more people for this upgrade option than me only.

Thank you in advance smile.gif

Bartek I have a Novemeber 08 MY09 model does this mean they all came with V 14,

Are the main difference between 14>15 just later maps/camera locations ? or is just maps

What version Map data disc you run has no impact on changing the graffics of the screen.

You could run a V12 disc in a MY10 IS250 and it will still have the same newer screen layout & functionality. Just won't have newer roads like the M7 etc.

Unfortunately the reverse is true, older car with the latest disc will still have the older screen layout.

Its not just the screen graffics that are different on the MY10 but also the functionality. You can do more things whilst on the move, the "I Agree" screen goes away without you pressing "I Agree" after about 10-15 seconds.

Plus the phone works better with better functionality too.

Bartek I have a Novemeber 08 MY09 model does this mean they all came with V 14,

Are the main difference between 14>15 just later maps/camera locations ? or is just maps

I have exactly the same car and my came with V14 maps, had to "equip" the car with V15 separately. Like dis-lex-sic wrote below - only the maps change. I have no camera locations on my My09 though. Have you got camera locations on yours? How do you find / activate them?

What version Map data disc you run has no impact on changing the graffics of the screen.

You could run a V12 disc in a MY10 IS250 and it will still have the same newer screen layout & functionality. Just won't have newer roads like the M7 etc.

Unfortunately the reverse is true, older car with the latest disc will still have the older screen layout.

Its not just the screen graffics that are different on the MY10 but also the functionality. You can do more things whilst on the move, the "I Agree" screen goes away without you pressing "I Agree" after about 10-15 seconds.

Plus the phone works better with better functionality too.

Exactly.

I have no camera locations on my My09 though. Have you got camera locations on yours? How do you find / activate them?

I believe the speed camera locations are integral to the whereis data however there is no way of accessing them in a Toyota/Lexus nav system.

It is simply not built into the system.

This is a delibrate omission by most vehicle manufacturers on the grounds of good corporate responsibilty. It would just take the first young car full to die at speed for Today Tonight or A Current Affair to be bashing the car manufacturer for promoting speeding by having speed camera's avoided from factory.

You can however program them manually. I am very suprised that the "How to program Speed Camera warning" instructions aren't pinned with the other how to's.

Or did most of you not know you can program them?????

You can however program them manually. I am very suprised that the "How to program Speed Camera warning" instructions aren't pinned with the other how to's.

Or did most of you not know you can program them?????

I don't know how to program them. How do you do this? Is there a method except for manual marking the spot on the map?

You can however program them manually.

Is there a method except for manual marking the spot on the map?

Redundant post....but yes & adding a sound as the icon...the first bell is best. It gives a 200-300m audible warning.

Plus for cameras that only get you going one direction the last sound icon adds the ablility of selecting which direction of travel it goes off for. Same bell sound as the first so all your marked cameras sound the same.

There are several ways to mark the locations as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@dis-lex-sic: would you be able to write up a quick tuto on how to do this? I'm interested as well! Cheers

These instructions assume you know how to use the basic GPS function of your EMV unit; that is, the ability to program an address where you'd like the navigation system to take you to. If you don't know how to do this, have your dealer show you how (your MY09+ vehicle would still be under warranty, so it's likely your Lexus dealer will be helpful) or consult your Navigation System Owner's Manual.

To enter a fixed speed camera location:

1. Push the SETUP button.

2. From the LCD, touch the Navigation button.

3. Touch Address book.

4. Touch New.

5. Locate the address by searching for the school where it is located, or the closest side street to the camera location. A list of NSW fixed speed camera locations can be found here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/speedandspeedcameras/fixeddigitalspeedcameras/fixedspeedcameralocations/index.html

6. If required, you may need to adjust the crosshairs on the map to the camera location (for example, where the camera is located somewhere between two known side streets).

7. When you are satisfied that the crosshairs are over the fixed camera location, touch OK.

8. On the "Edit address book entry" screen, touch the Edit button at the top left-hand side, then give the location a name; for example, "FSC AUBURN".

9. Touch the Edit button next to the word "Icon:".

10. Touch the "With sound" tab.

11. Touch the Bell button. Or, if you know the direction of traffic affected by the speed camera, touch "Bell (with direction)", adjust the directional arrow on the map that appears, then touch OK.

12. On the "Edit address book entry" screen, touch OK. Your fixed speed camera location is now saved.