I was in the area and dropped in today to have a rattle and a couple of other minor things checked out.. Very very impressed by the service and attitude of the staff here, it was all very polite and unassuming, no question was deemed silly and the guys were very proactive in getting the problem fixed - It was basically 'no worries, sorry that has happened, we'll order a new one for you'. The finishing touch was that the car was washed and vacuumed (It was pretty damn filthy with all this rain) even though I didn't purchase it from there.. Highly recommended, I think I'm going to be doing all my servicing there from now on!

I didn't want to ask, but do they give massages there or something too? I saw a sign that said "lex massage you"?

we also take our Lexus to chatswood

all my family got our lexus' from chatty, :D

great service, but lexus parts are expensive :S

i cant rember properly but they said like over $150 for new wipers..

60 for the pair of is250 wipers

If we're talking about the rubber bit i got a set from sydney city for $48!

And yes, absolutely fantastic service from both sales and service! Thats where i purchased my baby from! :-)

The guy also mentioned they're starting to do IS250 tuning? When I asked about gains he said in the order of 10-15%, and pricing is expected to be around the $1k mark...

I was under the impression that IS250 ECUs are locked and fuel map modifications aren't possible?

I also saw a black IS250 with TOM's wheels on it as I left.. Looked pimp!

Toms can unlock the ECU (only JDM)

thas why the US boys are having trouble getting after market piggybacks or reflashing the ecu

but i think ours is closer to JDM spec ECU than the US spec ecu so it can be done i guess

The guy also mentioned they're starting to do IS250 tuning? When I asked about gains he said in the order of 10-15%, and pricing is expected to be around the $1k mark...

I was under the impression that IS250 ECUs are locked and fuel map modifications aren't possible?

who did u speak to?

i'd love to know exactly what they're doing and i'd happily part with 1k! ;-)

who did u speak to?

i'd love to know exactly what they're doing and i'd happily part with 1k! ;-)

Sorry, I didn't get the guys name!

Alright, this is gonna sound odd but I thought I share my 'not so good experience' with Chatswood Sales - On the other hand their parts and service departments are great. I've dealt with them on many occasions so I'm only talking about Sales here.

When I was about looking for IS250 I had a trade in at the time. I when to Chatswood first due to the positive feedback from this site (before I became a member).

What I was looking for was who could get me the best deal on the trade in as the trade in had to go before I were to get this one.

The sales guy drove it around and when we back to negotiate on the price he couldn't give me a figure unless I commit. He couldn't give me a definite price on the IS250 either only the RRP!!. I thought that was really unprofessional and I could tell he didn't knew much about the car even with the 07-08 minor changes with the rear seat spacing with the front seats.

I went to Parramatta and I didn't had to commit to be able to get a trade in / drive away price. Parramatta got my business in the end and wern't pushy.

Later in the week, the guy from Chatswood rang me asking if I was still interested in the car in which I politely said no.

Alright, this is gonna sound odd but I thought I share my 'not so good experience' with Chatswood Sales - On the other hand their parts and service departments are great. I've dealt with them on many occasions so I'm only talking about Sales here.

When I was about looking for IS250 I had a trade in at the time. I when to Chatswood first due to the positive feedback from this site (before I became a member).

What I was looking for was who could get me the best deal on the trade in as the trade in had to go before I were to get this one.

The sales guy drove it around and when we back to negotiate on the price he couldn't give me a figure unless I commit. He couldn't give me a definite price on the IS250 either only the RRP!!. I thought that was really unprofessional and I could tell he didn't knew much about the car even with the 07-08 minor changes with the rear seat spacing with the front seats.

I went to Parramatta and I didn't had to commit to be able to get a trade in / drive away price. Parramatta got my business in the end and wern't pushy.

Later in the week, the guy from Chatswood rang me asking if I was still interested in the car in which I politely said no.

oh well, nothing in life is perfect! but again it shouldn't reflect badly on the dealership just because of the actions of one person! i'm not trying to justify it, i'm just stating my opinion!

sorry to hear about it, although at least you were happy with your purchase at parramatta!

parramatta and chatswood are my two favourite dealers. i originally did everything through chatswood but moved so i was closer to parramatta and so went there! service is awesome! Lawrence from service is a really good guy and will look after you!

oh well, nothing in life is perfect! but again it shouldn't reflect badly on the dealership just because of the actions of one person! i'm not trying to justify it, i'm just stating my opinion!

sorry to hear about it, although at least you were happy with your purchase at parramatta!

parramatta and chatswood are my two favourite dealers. i originally did everything through chatswood but moved so i was closer to parramatta and so went there! service is awesome! Lawrence from service is a really good guy and will look after you!

Like I said, I'm not saying Chatswood is bad. It definitely wouldn't put me off getting another Lexus in the future. I probably got the bad end of the stick that day...lol

I work in the north shore area and Chatswood and Sydney City Lexus are nearer to my work, whereas Parramatta is closer to home...so I have access to all 3 dealers if I need to..

I got Peter from service and he was helpful at Parra.

Funny, i've actually gotta add the same comment with Chatswood sales, but yes their service is excellent and I get mine done there.

Anyway, I also had a trade and they really weren't interested in even talking and working out a deal, it was actually quite disapointing because I was excited to buy a new car. Anyway, ended up going to Newcastle and they paid an extra $7000 for the trade and actually wanted my business. However, I would not recommend them; bad after sales experience... another story for another day.

As for Lawrence at Parra, he was a little difficult last time I had to get my car done and part of the reason I ended up going to Chatswood.

But each to their own...

You will have good and bad experiences at all dealerships. If you go back to the same dealership several times you will have some visits that are better than others. We all have good and bad days, true?. You can't judge a dealerships on one staff member or one visit.

At each dealership they will have some sales/service people that are better than others within their own ranks.

However all the four Sydney Lexus dealers do a better job than the competing brands.

Just my opinion...but what would I know?

LEX51S don't say it!!! :D

Anyway, I also had a trade and they really weren't interested in even talking and working out a deal, it was actually quite disapointing because I was excited to buy a new car. Anyway, ended up going to Newcastle and they paid an extra $7000 for the trade and actually wanted my business. However, I would not recommend them; bad after sales experience... another story for another day.

FrankyX, It might even be the same guy that served me at Chatswood...I wouldn't be surpirsed :P

Anyways as mentioned previously - good and bad experiences at all dealerships. Lexus I have to admit have great customer service compared to other brands.

I once went into an Audi dealer (which I wont mention which one) and I was in the show room for at least 30 mins. All the sales people were at the counter/desk chatting away amongst each other and giggling. No one bothered to come and serve me and I was the only customer in the show room!!! So I just walked out.

FrankyX, It might even be the same guy that served me at Chatswood...I wouldn't be surpirsed :P

Anyways as mentioned previously - good and bad experiences at all dealerships. Lexus I have to admit have great customer service compared to other brands.

I once went into an Audi dealer (which I wont mention which one) and I was in the show room for at least 30 mins. All the sales people were at the counter/desk chatting away amongst each other and giggling. No one bothered to come and serve me and I was the only customer in the show room!!! So I just walked out.

yeah, i can also vouch for that! was looking at isc and thought it was too similiar to my is250 so was interested in a a5 cabriolet! went to four audi dealers over the course of a month and all of them had sh*t service, including their pride and joy main dealership in zetland! all show and nothing much else!

they're just too arrogant and think there cars are so good they'll sell themself!

yeah, i can also vouch for that! was looking at isc and thought it was too similiar to my is250 so was interested in a a5 cabriolet! went to four audi dealers over the course of a month and all of them had sh*t service, including their pride and joy main dealership in zetland! all show and nothing much else!

they're just too arrogant and think there cars are so good they'll sell themself!

I also went to their shiny new showroom at Zetland after an S3, stood around for around half an hour with the missus it wasn't until we were about to leave that someone comes over and asks if we need help. By then the sickening thought had kicked in that if they were this unprofessional before you give them your hard earned cash, how are they going to be afterwards.

A real shame because the S3 is a nice looking car but the whole experience has put me off buying one.

Funny, i've actually gotta add the same comment with Chatswood sales, but yes their service is excellent and I get mine done there.

As for Lawrence at Parra, he was a little difficult last time I had to get my car done and part of the reason I ended up going to Chatswood.

But each to their own...

Sorry, Franky but I have to stick up for my good mate Lawrence over at Parramatta, he is a very nice guy maybe you just caught him on a bad day which we all have. I would definitely give him another go...

Agreed to all, Lexus customer service overall is exceptional, no question about it. But there seems to be a clear consensus that Chatswood service stands out as being the best. I will always take my car to them and recommend them.

ahahahahaha

everyone has bad days and stuff

but i have one question (sorry for thread hijacking, hehe)

but anyway

if i have mods on the car, like a Intake, Exhaust, Rims that kinda stuff

and if something goes wrong cuz of that part, they wont fix it right? or do i have to pay extra or something?

sorry if this is a noob question, but im 16 (17 in march) im new to all this car stuff

hope they dton try to make me pay extra for stuff, lol, some mechanics try that crap...

ahahahahaha

everyone has bad days and stuff

but i have one question (sorry for thread hijacking, hehe)

but anyway

if i have mods on the car, like a Intake, Exhaust, Rims that kinda stuff

and if something goes wrong cuz of that part, they wont fix it right? or do i have to pay extra or something?

sorry if this is a noob question, but im 16 (17 in march) im new to all this car stuff

hope they dton try to make me pay extra for stuff, lol, some mechanics try that crap...

If something goes wrong with your aftermarket part they wont fix it that's for sure.

If there's a fault with the car that can be traced back to a mod you've done then that particular part wont be replaced under warranty.

For example if you put an aftermarket exhaust on and your radiator fan stops working - They are unrelated so you'll be fine.

I got my car new so *touch wood* I never encounter any major issues for a while. I still think Toyota/Lexus is a superior brand despite what your hearing in the media at the moment.

yeh, well the only problem we've had with our RX330 is the CD player (it doesnt work, error 4 or something) they said we need to get a whole new unit that was like 400 or 600$

but my mum didnt change it cuz we're getting a IS250 soon anyway, and trading in our RX330

when we get it serviced, its just stuff like steering allignment, new brake pads and discs (if needed) new tyres (if worn out) i think thats just basic stuff right??

we had one problem with our crankshaft or something, but that was fixed easily (which meant i got to spend more time with the IS250 they lent us, :D)