im more interested in this ecu retune from toms

i was speaking to somebody about ecu remapping and i was told that you cant do it unless you buy a piggyback..etc.

If this ecu is true about toms anybody post details as i am keen to do it too.

Have used Sydney City Lexus, Lexus of Parramatta and Lexus of Chatswood.

My experience with Sales and Service in rank order as follows:

Sales

1. Lexus of Parramatta

2. Sydney City Lexus

3. Lexus of Chatswood

Service

1. Lexus of Parramatta

2. Lexus of Chatswood

3. Sydney City Lexus

Ultimately, the less than sterling Sales experience at Lexus Chatswood combined with the good but not as good as Parramatta service experience has meant that I have purchased 4 Lexus from Parramatta in 11 years. Sydny City Lexus service was simply abysmal however the Sales team were OK.

Sydny City Lexus.... the Sales team were OK.

Hard to judge an entire sales team on an encounter with one sales person.

I happen to know a few of the sales reps at each dealership and I can tell you each dealership has a mix. There are people that know there stuff in relation to Lexus product knowledge and have a genuine want to do the right thing for you at each dealership.

However each sales team also has members that wouldn't know half the stuff you guys know.

A good question to ask a sales exec is how long they've been at the dealership. The good ones usually stay in one place longer..the others tend to bounce around.

Sydny City Lexus.... the Sales team were OK.

Hard to judge an entire sales team on an encounter with one sales person.

I happen to know a few of the sales reps at each dealership and I can tell you each dealership has a mix. There are people that know there stuff in relation to Lexus product knowledge and have a genuine want to do the right thing for you at each dealership.

However each sales team also has members that wouldn't know half the stuff you guys know.

A good question to ask a sales exec is how long they've been at the dealership. The good ones usually stay in one place longer..the others tend to bounce around.

I deal with the GM Sales at Lexus Parramatta. Good guy

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, cant help but notice the discussion here, as i too have somewhat an experience. At the moment, im not too impressed with the service that chatswood has given me. Who is your preferred person over at chatswood?

Thanks guys and appreciate the help

cheers!

Hi Denis, I recently took delivery of my car but not until I drove it home from the dealership that I realize the compartment box in between the 2 front seats wouldn’t lock back after being opened so it will just spring back up by itself unless I have to manually pull out the latch to lock the box. I thought that was odd and wasn’t supposed to happen. It is a bit of a nuisance because I need to open and close the box regularly. Anyway, I told the salesperson when he asked me the next business day whether everything was alright and I said everything is great except for a little problem with the box. I think his response was impolite that he basically told me to just ring the service department straight away if I was so concern about it. I did call the service department and I have tried to explain as much as I can through the phone as to what’s wrong with the car. The person said that she can’t understand what I mean and before quickly hang up on my phone, in a rather rude annoyed manner, she said to just bring it over for someone to have a look at it. I tried to express my concern to another staff of theirs which was the delivery person who went through the car with me on the delivery day, she was better in terms of taking my queries in and she promised to get back to me as soon as possible as she needed to find out what could be done, but its 3 weeks later now and I have not heard back from any of them. I am less than impressed to say the least. Any idea as to what I need to do next? Many thanks.

Hi R,

It's a pity that people don't call you back when they say they will. Having said that, at least two dealer representatives couldn't resolve your problem without actually looking at the car, so it's probably a fair bet that the third one wouldn't have been very useful, anyway.

In such cases, one really does need to bring the car back to the dealership. If you don't need your car for the day, just turn up unannounced one weekday morning before 9:00, and ask for someone to look at the problem. I'm sure they won't mind. There can't be that many parts that make up a storage compartment, so it shouldn't take long for them to identify the problem while you wait. However, just in case it takes some time ...

If you do need a car during the day, you'll need to book in advance. The good thing about Lexus of Chatswood is that, even for minor problems, they will loan you a car for the day if they have one (and they have the biggest loan car fleet in Sydney).

But let's manage expectations: in the worst case, they will identify the problem, but they will need to order the replacement part, and you'll need to come back again to get the part fitted. That's just a part of any car owner's life, regardless of the marque or dealership.

Any idea as to what I need to do next? Many thanks.

Hi summer_oasis

I can understand your frustration - if they say that they'll ring you back, then they should. However, it appears that the people you've dealt with are on the sales side of things.

I agree with Lexus Nerd - just take your car to the service department - they'll take care of it. I've done this unannounced a couple of times at Parramatta without any problems whatsoever.

I too only been going to Lexus of Chatswood

I find them great, there are a few characters that you want to have limited intercation with, ie one of the phone ladies on service number, and one of the service manager's that fills in sometimes for Scott (who is a legend)...cant remember the smart as* manager's name who i dont like (started with a G i think)...

They always put a mark on my cars light interior but always go out of their way to rectify anything

best place ive been to so far, both our lexus go there...

in saying that my dad had great experience with service at parra on his RX....although they charge more

Chatswood i find cheapest in service charges too...

That would be ***** on the service line.

Incidentally, my car's going there for its 24-month service on Friday.

Edited by Lexus Nerd
In the end, I can't be sure who Zed spoke to.

I recently bought my new car there about 2 weeks ago. So haven't had a chance to experience the servicing side of things, but the sales department has been great.

Haven't been to other Lexus dealer though, but much better than vw dealer down the road.

I logged in just now as I've been trying to find the best way to put things, ( anyone that knows me will tell u i tell it how it is, however that tends to hurt peoples feelings)

but i think Dis-lex has put it the best way ..

If you aint happy , make some noise.. as for *****, She answers phones all day and while I'm not sticking up for her, anyone who has worked with the general public will tell you , some people aint exactly the brightest crayons in the box.. well she has to deal with that day in and day out...( fact is, I've dealt with customers once before in a automotive based role, and trying to listen that your car has a rattle/noise over the phone and expecting a miracle fix for it is quite frustrating )

Go down to the service centre and see someone....

There is a Famous saying,..... "God helps those who help themselves.!! " So make the first move.!

Edited by Lexus Nerd
Removed name reference

Hi Zed, thanks for reply, knowing that you have somewhat a similar view/experience as I do. Parra is just a bit too far away from me, will try to bring it in to chatswood for them to have a look at, im sure the person in charge will be able to help me out. As for *****, I understand she might get tired and frustrated with customers ringing her day in and day out, but hey that’s customer service mate. I too work at customer service and believe me, some of them really do test you but there’s some level of courtesy that they need to maintain. You’re having a bad day? Well so do the rest of us but it would be nice to spare us the attitude that’s all I am saying.

Edited by Lexus Nerd
Removed name reference

anytime Summer and totally agree with you......

Best person to speak to there is Scott, and arrange it all with him, you can say Zed reffered you, i think he is awesome

also dont bother to trouble yourself to go all the way there as they can bring a car out to you and take your's for work....just explain it to the driver picking up, they are usually great guys too....(some of the guys i know as they are uni mates with some consultants who worked for us) :)

let us know how u go....