Wooot! Picking Up My Is250 On Monday!

hey guys

we finally got our car!

its a 07 Lexus IS250 Sports, in grey, with black alcantara interior, satnav, rear camera, front + rear sensors, sport pedals, 18" Sports rims, sunroof

i LOVE it to bits!!

we paid the deposit and paying the rest and picking it up on monday from Chatswood lexus

Bashir there was really nice

so excited! :D

oh, and it was 27,900kms on it

we got it for $47,000 (was $51,000)

but traded in our '03 RX330 for $24,000

so altogether $23,000

a few more questions

1. wats the difference between D and S on the shift lever???

2. wats the difference between PWR and ECT and SNOW on the switch near the steering wheel???

3. last of all, wat fuel do i have to put into the car?? with our RX330 we just used Unleaded, but with the IS250 i wanna put in Premium Unleaded, or higher

wat types of fuel are there?? (im 17 birthday was firday, :D, and ive put fuel in a car like 3 times, lol)

4. last one, lol, how do the front sensors work?? the sport has rear and front sensors, im guessing the rear ones only beep when in Reverse, but when do the front ones engage??

thanks

also do u guys find the car a little "short"

i mean when u sit in it, im 182cm and when i sit down my head hits the roof (i wax my hair)

so i had to lower the seat quite alot but then that squashed my cousins foot in the rear seat, LOL

so i guess my 11y/o sister has to sit behind the driver seat from now

fronts are on all the time

D is drive

S is sports mode (paddleshift)

Car runs on Premium Unleaded Only

PWR and all that *BLEEP* is for power modes

Really doesnt make any difference at all though

SNow just kills power and starts in 2nd gear i think and it doesnt down shift gears when u floor it

ok thanks guys

i think i'd still rather just put in premium unleaded (is that 98RON??)

and i'll just leave the car in PWR mode, can i still use the paddles to downshift in Drive??

or do i have to shift to Sport??

also im gonna be getting a OEM lip spoiler from chatswood asap (depends how much they are...)

but if any live around milsons point and could help be put it on later (i'll just use 3M double sided tape) i would greatly appriciate it

thanks

cant wait till tomrrow after school!!!!!!

Not true.

http://www.lexus.com.au/service/fuel/

I just noticed that the other day too. Since most of the places I go to only have 91, 98 or E10, running on E10 will save me 18 cents a litre! nothing to sneeze at.

so it SEEMS like that's ok, but anyone know of anything problematic?

Not true.

http://www.lexus.com.au/service/fuel/

I just noticed that the other day too. Since most of the places I go to only have 91, 98 or E10, running on E10 will save me 18 cents a litre! nothing to sneeze at.

so it SEEMS like that's ok, but anyone know of anything problematic?

E10 is fine for post 08 models. If you have the below labels in the tank flap that is...

It says - Premium Unleaded Fuel Recommended; Ethanol (E10) Fuel Suitable.

31032009005.jpg

Personally, I only use 98 to ensure I get best performance and economy, but it is safe to use E10 if it advises so.

E10 is fine for post 08 models. If you have the below labels in the tank flap that is...

It says - Premium Unleaded Fuel Recommended; Ethanol (E10) Fuel Suitable.

31032009005.jpg

Personally, I only use 98 to ensure I get best performance and economy, but it is safe to use E10 if it advises so.

well that's all ok, but the official lexus website says all cars post 2002 apart from IS200....and that's regardless of the sticker being there or not.

Also, E10 is 94 octane isn't it? if the car requires 95, is that significant? Hard to imagine..,.....and I'm not convinced that you'd get any extra performance or economy out of 98...and if it's economy you want, it wouldn't make sense to pay an extra 18 cents per litre to get next to no extra economy (if any) does it?

The whole petrol thing's a con unless you have a high performance/and or turbo car IMO

sorry guys

im gonna have to pick up the car on wedensday morning cuz of some problems (f***in banks)

but it'll be all good once i pick it up, :D

sorry guys

im gonna have to pick up the car on wedensday morning cuz of some problems (f***in banks)

but it'll be all good once i pick it up, :D

Welcome to the joys of buying a car (or watching your mum buy one). There's almost always some reason it gets delayed; especially when you want it so bad.

Patience my friend!

I use 98 RON in the car ever since I bought it new.

However do you guys find your exhaust tip get black between washes?

My old car which used regular 91 never had this, then again I never owned a car prior to this that required premium from factory

E10 is 94-95 octane so the difference is negligible.

People will bang on about using 98 octane, when in truth driving in a metro/suburban area, at no more than 60kmh in traffic, you are just wasting your money.

Besides the 10% ethanol actually cleanes your engine.

E10 is 94-95 octane so the difference is negligible.

People will bang on about using 98 octane, when in truth driving in a metro/suburban area, at no more than 60kmh in traffic, you are just wasting your money.

Besides the 10% ethanol actually cleanes your engine.

makes sense to me. so none of the ethanol/corrosion issues with an IS250 that affects some cars?

All cars in the V8 supercars run on E85.

... and are now 50hp less powerful because of it.

Ethanol blends have less specific power than "normal" petrol variants.

This is an interesting read about E20 testing:

http://www.environment.gov.au/atmosphere/fuelquality/publications/2000hours-vehicle-fleet/index.html

I've decided against putting ethanol fuels the vehicles I own. If E10 is half the strength of E20, things still don't look too good.

I can't believe the amount of corrosion shown in the report in less than 3 months of testing.

All cars in the V8 supercars run on E85.

... and are now 50hp less powerful because of it.

Ethanol blends have less specific power than "normal" petrol variants.

This is an interesting read about E20 testing:

http://www.environment.gov.au/atmosphere/fuelquality/publications/2000hours-vehicle-fleet/index.html

I've decided against putting ethanol fuels the vehicles I own. If E10 is half the strength of E20, things still don't look too good.

I can't believe the amount of corrosion shown in the report in less than 3 months of testing.

did you happen to notice the AGE of the cars in that test? a car has to have components that DON'T react to the ethanol for it to be ethanol compliant.

Those cars are 1985 and 1990 models and this test is dated 2003.

I'd love to see a recent test with a recent car that IS ethanol compatible. reading that report is a waste of time.