Hey guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading from my 16" rims to 18". I'd like to stick with OEM rims but need your opinion on which way to go.

These are the two I'm looking at.

Rim 1 (Sport Luxury) is my preference but I'm having real trouble trying to find a set.

Rim 2 (X edition) I can pick up from a dealer for about $300 each.

What do you think and can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find Rim 1.

Ebay have a couple but they are from the US....really dont want to pay for shipping....

post-2571-127133018437_thumb.jpg

post-2571-127133019259_thumb.jpg

I like the first set (whats on my ride) but I'm not a fan of them in silver, I think they look a lot better in the shadow chrome that I *think* started with with the 08 models.

Although, I'm also a fan of the second set, but I think they'd look better in a shadow chrome too.. OEM but with a personalised touch.

So... no one likes the X wheels??? Really??? That's what made me even interested in getting the X. It stops the IS looking like a grandpa's car.

It needs 18's - no question. What about aftermarket??? Probably gonna be cheaper and a wider range.

So... no one likes the X wheels??? Really??? That's what made me even interested in getting the X. It stops the IS looking like a grandpa's car.

It needs 18's - no question. What about aftermarket??? Probably gonna be cheaper and a wider range.

Boils down to individual tastes mate. For me, i feel the X rim with it's 5 spokes is a little "cheap" looking and not quite unique. What is also important is the quality and i feel Lexus wheels are that so yeh...it is only in the eyes of the beholder :)

If the 17s sports lux comes in 18s it would have been easily the best choice for me. Otherwise the ISF's would be awesome.

I have gone to Tempetyres for the RS4 wheel, PCD needs a little drilling but yeh looks alright..just need to find time to get them i suppose.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the correction on model type as well.

I agree with most of you and will go for the Sports rim. I just need to find them in Aust! Really don't want to go down the whole US shipping way.

If anyone knows someone selling them, can you let me know.

Thanks

Well Im with Franky on this one.......................... I really like the 'X' wheels.........no disrespect Dan!!!

The 'X' have a modern vibe. No sharp edges like the sports and the darker silver makes them still look like a pricey oem.

Gsaab, which dealer did you find the 'X' wheels for that price?? For $1200, you gotta get them. You lucky to get tempe's for that much and we really don't want to go there! (sorry ldc). You will find a better quality wheel else where mate and sure, a little dearer but guarantee worth the extra cash!!

That price was quoted by Lexus Brighton. They are at Melbourne City Lexus as well but they are $3500 fitted with tyres.

That price was quoted by Lexus Brighton. They are at Melbourne City Lexus as well but they are $3500 fitted with tyres.

Must be decent rubber...................I wonder................ if Melbourne City do $300 a rim, if Sydney dealerships would have a sim price>>>>

Dis-lex-sic, is that the going price for the rims???

Thanks in advance guys!!

Franky, what size rubber come on the X's?? 255 rears?

yeh, 255 rears on both the Sports and X rims, i check when we were test driving the X, i think the rears are 255/40 (maybe 45 profile) and front is 225/40

cool, that clears it up

do u rekon when i change tyres, i should go to a thinner profile rear tyre??

a 35 maybe?

cuz the rear tyres look alot thicker on my car than the fronts

cool, that clears it up

do u rekon when i change tyres, i should go to a thinner profile rear tyre??

a 35 maybe?

cuz the rear tyres look alot thicker on my car than the fronts

all in the looks

changing tyre profiles will upset the speedo

stick to factory specs if you have oem rims

but if u do wanna go 35 profile u need wider rubber to make the rolling diamteter the same

ie

255/40/18 to

255/35/19

or

255/40/18 to

265/35/18 etc

but on the oem 18" 255 is probably the widest you can fit

they are only 18x8

awww

oh well, im saving for either 19" Forgestar F14's or 19" ENKEI FS-01

but thats way later on

right know im thinking, cheap stuff, once i get my car back, im gonna be debadging the lexus and IS250 emblems off for a cleaner look

but the holes behind the badges put me off now

i guess my cars gonna be stock till i start making some money, lol

Well I have a different take on it.

I like the X wheels more than the Sport....

Because the Sport wheels look older to me. The Sport wheels were first out in 2005 and the X wheels came out I think 2008. So when I see the two, the X wheels to me are newer and the car they are on probably a later model.

Plus they are easier to clean...I've had both.

I like the new 18 inch F Sport wheel the most though.

Finally got my RS4 wheels at Tempetyres today. Silver on silver looks d e c e n t!

they had to do a little machining on the PCDs but did care too much about the marks. Offset i was told was +40 which should sit out +05 more than the +45 oem 18s.

Now looking to lower it, thinking 1" rear and 0.8" front.

Finally got my RS4 wheels at Tempetyres today. Silver on silver looks d e c e n t!

they had to do a little machining on the PCDs but did care too much about the marks. Offset i was told was +40 which should sit out +05 more than the +45 oem 18s.

Now looking to lower it, thinking 1" rear and 0.8" front.

Sounds nice, post up some pics!

I've got this 'thing' about the BMW M6 rims, I'd love to throw a set on my '250....

9848-2006-BMW-M6.jpg