Gps And Rear Tv For Prestige..what Do You Think?

Hi Guys, I just received email from Lexus Chatswood,

Just Arrived!!!! Just Arrived!!!!

New Satellite Navigation System for IS250 Prestige, RX330 Sports & RX350 Sports .We are pleased to announce the arrival of a new after-market Satellite Navigation Series that can now be fitted to IS250 Prestige, RX330 Sports & RX350 Sports vehicles. This remarkable Special Series will be installed in the centre console and will look as if it was from the factory. It is an all-in-one unit that has a 7.0 inch HD screen, GPS navigation system, Blue-tooth function, multi-media player, stereoscopic sound quality, iPod compatibility, personalized operation interface and reversing camera.

Our Lexus Rear Seat TVDVD

Your passengers can now enjoy world-class entertainment whist in the back of the car. Perfect for families, the new Rear Seat Entertainment system is equipped with a pair of eight-inch widescreen WVGA monitors that mount on the back of the two front seats with an integrated slot-loading DVD plus RCA inputs, USB ports & SC card slots. The system includes shock protection (to avoid the disc skipping), infared wireless headphones, and easy to reach controls.

what is a reasonable price for this units installed? is $3000 (for GPS only) installed OK?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got any pics of it?

sounds like the fly audio system

u cant really ask any1 if it's a good price though..

it all depends on the persons wants lol

but i changed my car to a EMV pack cuz my first IS didnt have 1

so if i didnt have gps ill get it

Ha!!biggrin.gif I don't mind to negotiate from time to time, but I ain't no salesman Q!! Thanks for the compliment though, I think!! (I guess I get good practice with my team)!! As for this, I would have to agree with Danny..................I would say, especially knowing about Chatswoods little initiatives, that this would be an aftermarket solution. Not a bad thing as long as it were covered by the Lexus new car warranty. I just had my car in on Monday replacing the Sub...............could you imagine how much they would charge me if it weren't covered.! Definately a good option for those that don't have the EMV pack. I would consider the rear setup as long as it were covered under my existing new car warranty!

Hey Q, we both missed the last meet............we need to make sure that we make the next one hey!!!wink.gif

hahaha been busy lately :(.... the GPS and the Rear TV/DVD it won't void the warranty as its installed in the dealer, (that's what they said)...so... if the price is right... I might take the deal..see how our Negotiator do his job LOL.

im keen for emv and would be awesome if there was a cheaper price for front screen only.

im a tight ass and wouldnt use the rears so waste of money. therefore i wouldnt get it unless the could emv me without rears for cheaper price.

I'm also interested in the fly audio system. There's an Australia branch wholesaler in Roselands (I think) which the name escapes me a few months ago when I tried contacting them about this unit last year.

However I still highly doubt it'll be <$3000 & covered under the Lexus warranty umbrella. I'm still a bit skeptical why Lexus would bring in an aftermarket item that could potential be superior to it's own product.

If Lexus of Chatswood do supply and fit then that's great news for all I guess.

/My 2c

RE: Just did a search and I was right. The Fly Audio Australian branch is in Roselands.

Here are the details for people who may be interested (Sorry to hijack your thread QQQ :) )

http://www.flyaudio.net/contactus.asp

Flyaudio Australia

Address:

3 Berenice Street, Roselands Sydney, NSW Australia, 2196

Tel:

(+612 )9758 3859

Fax:

(+612 )9758 3859

Email:

flyaudio.china@gmail.com flyaudio.china@163.com

RE: Just did a search and I was right. The Fly Audio Australian branch is in Roselands.

Here are the details for people who may be interested (Sorry to hijack your thread QQQ :) )

http://www.flyaudio.net/contactus.asp

Flyaudio Australia

Address:

3 Berenice Street, Roselands Sydney, NSW Australia, 2196

Tel:

(+612 )9758 3859

Fax:

(+612 )9758 3859

Email:

flyaudio.china@gmail.com flyaudio.china@163.com

Hey Jom I remember we were talking about this at the meet the other night.

I would pay a little extra and get it through Lexus of Chatswood. Not that it will be covered by Lexus Australia's warranty as its not one of their products but because you've got somewhere to go back to it there is a problem.

RE: Just did a search and I was right. The Fly Audio Australian branch is in Roselands.Here are the details for people who may be interested (Sorry to hijack your thread QQQ :) )http://www.flyaudio.net/contactus.aspFlyaudio AustraliaAddress:3 Berenice Street, Roselands Sydney, NSW Australia, 2196Tel:(+612 )9758 3859Fax:(+612 )9758 3859Email:flyaudio.china@gmail.com flyaudio.china@163.com
Hey Jom I remember we were talking about this at the meet the other night.I would pay a little extra and get it through Lexus of Chatswood. Not that it will be covered by Lexus Australia's warranty as its not one of their products but because you've got somewhere to go back to it there is a problem.

If Lexus of Chatswood do supply and fit I would rather have them do it for peace of mind. Haven't had a chance to give them a call yet but I do intend to soon once my workloads die down.

I have some major client work which I may have to go interstate and which would further procrastinate this project :(

That is true. But. . . Im in the process of waiting for a quote on the fly audio system from roselands atm. I shall keep you all posted. I imagine it will be around the same price as someone mentioned at the meet. (US$1990.oo) that doesnt include shipping though.

Any ways well see what the local price is and ill let you know as soon as they reply.

Let us know if you do hear from them, I never got a return phone call from them last time so I just left it as that.

There's also the installation manual on that website also if you want to do it yourself. In the diagrams looks like they might have used a European model so not sure of the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I manage to find some time during my busy schedule today to contact Lexus of Chatswood.

They confirmed they do installs the prices are:

$3,500 supply and fit with reverse camera

$3,200 supply and fit without reverse camera

However the person on the phone couldn't give me a definite answer whether it would be covered under either a Lexus type warranty or any warranty at all??

From more research, there seems to be an phantom issue where the factory airbag light comes on and stays on. Doesn't happen for all but it does happen.

Also the radio frequencies are different, the stations will a appear offset from what they display on screen. (However I believe there's kits to fix this offset from Jaycar, Dick Smith etc)

Just thought I'd share this info.

Mine came with one and I can't live without it.

The Nav is good, the reversing camera is awesome, but the bluetooth telephone hook up with speed dial numbers for when you are driving is great.

$3,00o sounds okay for a OEM unit installed, and would likely be covered by a Lexus warranty

Mine came with one and I can't live without it.

The Nav is good, the reversing camera is awesome, but the bluetooth telephone hook up with speed dial numbers for when you are driving is great.

$3,00o sounds okay for a OEM unit installed, and would likely be covered by a Lexus warranty

Sorry I should clarify, that price above is for aftermarket fly audio which looks OEM.

For the Mark Levinson unit + accessories it's $7000 supply + ~ month wait which is covered by a Lexus warranty.

whether it would be covered under either a Lexus type warranty or any warranty at all??

"Lexus type warranty" Its not a Lexus part or made/supplied by Lexus Australia. They are not going to warrant parts that they have nothing to do with.

"any warranty at all" Pretty sure there would be a manufacturers warranty from Fly Audio to the dealer. Then the dealer has an obligation to cover parts supplied and the installation work. Which is why I would buy it from Chastswood Lexus etc & not the importer you found at Roselands.

whether it would be covered under either a Lexus type warranty or any warranty at all??

"Lexus type warranty" Its not a Lexus part or made/supplied by Lexus Australia. They are not going to warrant parts that they have nothing to do with.

"any warranty at all" Pretty sure there would be a manufacturers warranty from Fly Audio to the dealer. Then the dealer has an obligation to cover parts supplied and the installation work. Which is why I would buy it from Chastswood Lexus etc & not the importer you found at Roselands.

I dont know why it is taking so long for the quote to return to my from fly audio at roselands. but as you say it would be better if bought through lexus. although my finall decision will lye in the prices.

I dont know why it is taking so long for the quote to return to my from fly audio at roselands. but as you say it would be better if bought through lexus. although my finall decision will lye in the prices.

Guys i recieved this email today and i will be purchasing the fly system i believe.

if you too would like a FLYAUDIO system this is the contact details Michelle Liang <michelleliang@flyaudio.cn>

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your enquiry. I am Michelle, International Business Manager of FLYAUDIO serve for Oceania customers. Follows are the information of FLYAUDIO products.

E8039NAVI (Golden Collection) (For Lexus IS250) US$980

Optional:

Reverse camera US$40

Australia Map: US$68 (INFOGATION, use Navtec database)

Now we are doing a promotion that buy one get a Bluetooth module (Valued: US$36) for free.

Audio & Video Specifications

7" Touch screen digital LCD

4:3、 16:9、Widescreen format

DSP Digital Sound Processor

9 phase Equalizer

Supports DVD/VCD/CD/MP3

Supports DVD-ROM/DVD-VIDEO

/DVD-R/RW/CD-P/CD-DA/CD-R/RW

Automatic memory function

380 thousand Pixels

Resolution 800*480 Digital Screen

4 kinds of sound field patterns

Built-in 4 × 45W HI-FI amplifier ,4 channel outputs

Include: DVD, GPS, IPOD, BLUETOOTH PHONE, USB, 4G Mini SD card

Exclude: Australia Map, Installation and freight

The above prices are quoted on US dollar, ex-work Guangzhou China and exclude GST.

Lead time: 4 days

Freight: US$100/unit (3-4days by DHL)

Ooh, I like the idea of an EQ.

Actually, the sound of the ML is near perfect anyway, but a great idea. Also the USB and SD card would be nice, if only. Do the 09/10 models have USB inputs?