Hi There

I am about to buy my first Lexus - either the IS250 F Sport or IS 350 F Sport. I am undecided at the moment as I don't do a lot of highway or country driving so not sure if I will get to use the bigger engine how it would want to be used!!

Anyway, obviously price is a factor and I was wondering if you would care to share what you paid for your new IS. What options or extras you got with it etc. It is hard to know if you are getting a good deal and having a ballpark idea of what others are paying would be a great help.

I also have 2 kids, 6 and 4 year old boys. I am praying that they don't find the back to squeezy. Does anyone have kids in the back and can shed light on whether it is really to small back there. 1 is in a carseat for a couple more years and the other is out of a carseat in a couple of months.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to joining your club very very soon.

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, welcome to the forum!

IMHO, if you are getting a brand new 2011 2IS, i would get the IS350 F Sport, as it is only marginally for expensive than the IS250 F Sport, and IMO, if you buy a 2011 IS250 F Sport, its more for posing, or even just get the IS350 Prestige which is the same price as a IS250 F Sport, like you said, you wont be doing lots of highway driving and you also have a family in the car, so the prestige may be better, unless you really like the F Sport styling and the seats, lol

i have a 2007 IS250 and paid $47,000 back at the start of 2010 from Chatswood Lexus, it was a used dealer car that had 27,000km's on it

i dont have kids (im 18, hahaha) but my little sister (12y/o) and her friends can sit fine in the back, but with my friends it's a real squeeze but i rarely have people in the back anyway

if i had the choice between a IS250 and IS350, i would go the IS350 in a heartbeat, the power of the IS250 is very good for what it is, but the IS350 is just so much more quicker and you will most likely regret it when a Magna V6 Executive smokes you :(

Depends what you're after really. Are you into faster cars or are you happy to have a slower one. To me personally it would be a no brainer, IS350 for sure, if it was available when I bought my IS250, I'd grab that one for sure (I'm planning to in 6 months time anyway). If you don't care so much for power, IS250 will suffice, it's no slug by any means, still has a bit of power, but nothing exciting.

Can't comment on kids bit, I'd imagine kids would be ok in the back, I've had adult passengers in the back for extended periods, and they all said the seats were comfy. Tall passengers had not much leg room though, but that is something irrelevant for kids this young.

My preference would be IS350 Prestige over the IS250 F-Sport, mainly for the engine! :)

You might want to check out how much room there is for the kiddy seat. The kids will put their feet up on the seat in front if they can reach it. My grand daughter made a mess of my Mercedes seat-back until I got it sorted.

Thanks for your replies. I want the 350 and my husband says I only need the 250. I want the horsepower and as I said to him, better looking at it than for it!! I also love the F Sport although wish you could get the piano black instead of the ice blue interior trim in it!!

My only other concern is how low the front skirt is. I am worried about scraping it and bashing the whole thing in as I have had a Kluger for the last 7 years which goes over anything!! I can see myself getting stuck on a kerb/gutter!! Yes, I am a female driver haha. How have you found it? Is it high enough to go over most standard kerbs or do you need to be mindful of it all the time?

Thanks so much for your input. I can't wait to own an IS.

I've got a booster seat set up in the back seat on the driver's side for my 2yo.

His feet are always resting on my driver's seat and when he feels like it, gives it a nice push. There's enough space for him to dangle his feet if he wanted to though.

I guess it would depend on how far you have your seat back, I'm only 170cm so if you're taller than that, might be worth while taking in a booster seat to try it out.

If you're spending $75K+, you should be sure you're comfortable in the car.

I haven't had a problem with the front of the car, but I don't drive up gutters so if you need to park somewhere awkward, might be worth double checking height etc

This is all in a 350 F Sport. Hope that helps.

PS - If budget allows, go for the 350 :) A little more power is never a bad thing!

Hi nugget_ninja

thanks for your response! Yep definately want the 350 fsport but will have to get it without the sunroof as there is more room for my 6 foot 2 husband without it - he won't be in it often though as we take his 4wd on family outings and I am only 162cm so I fit fine!

Do you mind telling me what you paid for it and what you got if it wasn't stock standard?

Thanks again

i had the same problem before for my mothers car

i ended up going with the 350 cuz of the future resale value

is250's are everywhere and it'll drop price quickly as there are tons of them around

350's on the other hand are still limited numbers and i think it'll help the resale value alot as they will be sorted after by the market that couldnt afford to buy a new 350 in the first place

Hi,

I always wanted an IS but the 250 seem a little weak for my liking. Just a month ago i went into the showroom looking at the IS350 prestige vs F sport and i end up with a F Sport which will take delivery coming Monday. The only option you have in F Sport is the moonroof, the rest are stock standard. The front is not that low compare to my 350Z i traded in. 18" wheel could be a problem if you parallel park, just becareful and use your mirror or else get a protecting skin from autobarn to seal it at least if you do hit it, it will take the rubber off rather then the paint on the wheel. As for pricing i think $75k would be a good guideline for a 2011 built IS350 F sport. But i believe Toyota is going to increase their price so i think Lexus will follow soon at this is what happen in Toyota and Lexus USA already.

Hope this help.

Thanks SPIS350! Would that $75k be with or without sunroof?

I imagine I will have to wait a while for one to be delivered without a sunroof as The sunroof option is popular. I know if I could I would get it!

No worries perthlexy, yes I was told to have the moonroof as they have the stock otherwise i have to wait for another month for the new stock coming April shipment but that was before all the drama in Japan. I must admit moonroof seem cool though and they told me good for resale.

Thanks for sharing the price, it's so hard to know what price to pay so that gives me an indication!

So hopefully I will look at paying around $72,500 without the sunroof - if I can wait.

Thanks again!

I am a happy is350 F sport owner.

tips: i noticed your husband is 6 foot 2 ? this could be a problem. have a test drive with the car, and see how much space you got left.

if you are 180cm++ ( aussie ), you wont feel comfortable inside.

im asian by the way. so the car fit me well.

bear in mind, the middle seat at the back is tight. and you can hit your head.

i paid $75k last month, brand new is350 f sport + moonroof. lexus sydney city.

remember, you cant bargain much if the colour you want not in stock.

mine is Silver. I was planning for space grey or blue. but needs to wait.

so i took silver ( silver is a nice colour too ).

cheers

Thanks for your input Mrbbqwer!!

Yes, it is a tight fit for him, hence getting one without a moonroof. Gives him an extra few centimetres. He won't be in it often so it is really just for me and the kids.

I understand there is a shipment on the way so hopefully there will be something on there that suits us.

This has been great having everyones input. Thanks to everyone for responding.

If you get it with the moonroof, then you can open the slider to get the light in and gives the feeling of more room. I am 6 foot and have no issue with the space. Just put the seat right down and I find enough room.

Thanks Bluey.

The one we are test driving has a moonroof so I will try that and see how he goes. He does have enough room if he puts the seat right back and down and moves the steering wheel but then there's pretty much no room behind him for anyone to sit.

How do you go with passengers behind you when you drive?

Can you see I want the car regardless of my husbands comfort haha!! I told him to tilt his head and shutup.

Hi perthlexy, honestly once you test drive it you are hooked. I'm in perth quite often lately and i have not seen any IS350 F Sport around the CBD, so go get it. I got the ultrasonic blue instead of black since they have the stock for both black and blue, don't think i want another black since my last car was black. Go on you know you want it.

I don't see any 250 F Sports either. F sports are almost non existant here.

I am actually in Melbourne quite often and I see heaps of IS's over there but there aren't many here. Maybe I'll be the trendsetter!!

I'll post pics as soon as I get it - whats wrong with the red colour, no one seems to have it. I do want it, you're right!

keep in my mind, 3rd IS model should be release in 1-2 years time.

current IS Model has been a while since 2005 or 2006. cant remember anyway.

I used to own BMW E93 325i 2007 bought brand new. I changed to is350 , because im not willing to spend $120k for BMW sedan 335i. ( depreciation way too much )

I rather keep the 45k differences at the bank LOL

anyway, im happy with the car so far. about 5 weeks now ( 3500kms ) :rolleyes:

I got a recent magazine from motor sport comparing is350 vs 335i vs C60 volvo.

I dont need the magazine anymore, PM me if you like. i can send it to you free :D