Second Hand Is350, What Are They Worth

Hi all,

Just after some feedback/your thoughts on this.

I've got an IS350 up for sale which I think is reasonably priced (its the cheapest F-Sport on carsales).

I actually expected the IS350 to hold its value quite well, given its popularity and the fact that Lexus priced it so reasonably.

I've had it on the market for a few months, and its now at $59k in showroom condition with 15k on the clock, but no interest whatsoever.

Have any of you guys sold your IS350 and how did it go?

Adam

perhaps, thats because you are in NT.

is your car under private or business ? Mine is under company car, so i dont mind sell at cheaper price ( at the end, it will end up at tax deductible purposes :) )

have you try trade in price ?

I bought mine with the intention of keeping it for 2 years (unless it's paid off earlier - which is looking like it will be the case) and then upgrade to the new model IS if it is out by then - which will be another 12ish months away. It shouldn't have anymore than 30-35,000kms on it by that time and I'm hoping I'll be able to as close to $50k as I can for it.

Judging by this I may struggle...

Just out of interest - what month/year is yours? xx'10 or xx'11?

Mine is a late 2010 build.

Yes it's a company car, so if I sell it for say $55k, I will stay have ~5k GST to pay to the tax office out of that.

I'm hoping it doesn't come to selling it for that price!

There is no way you paid 59K for a new IS350 F-Sport. RRP was 83K with the moonroof.

If my asking price is steep, every other 350 for sale is outrageously priced!

Just noticed - you have a Prestige. Even so, 59K is less than cost. I assume the 59K either excludes GST or excludes dealer delivery etc. or both.

Take in to account though that $83k (I paid $82,236 on road) includes stamp duties, taxes, dealer delivery charges and all the other BS. Actual cost of the car was $71,800 plus moonroof option ($2500) = $74,300. Thats essentially what a new one is worth - not $83k.

To get a new 350 - be it prestige or otherwise for $59k (I'm assuming on road) is an incredibly good buy.

I don't think yours is overpriced in the slightest. It represents a saving of around $23-24k on the on road cost of a new one which, no matter which way you look at it - is good value.

Where do you hve it advertised? Just carsales? Location could be a bit of an issue but you have offered airfares for a purchaser....

yes 59K driveaway roof and all

though you have to remember

luxury cars lose value 30% as soon as you drive it out of the showroom there is a reason

obviously there is a reason why you are not getting any intrest at all

i dont want to sound rude here but your car is only worth what another person is willing to pay for

comparison

if it was me

new base model 350 = 59K (4kms on the clock) 2011 build

your F sport 350 = 59K (15K kms on the clock) 2010 build

the fact its got 15K kms on it lets it down

id say if it was under 10K kms would have been much easy to sell

83K is alot for a F sport most people i know pay in the low to mid 70's

Now this is interesting, you replied to this post earlier and then edited it later.

This was your original post:

yes 59K with out moon and added the sunroof the perf leather and payed 64K on road

yes i did get a good buy

luxury cars lose value 30% as soon as you drive it out of the showroom there is a reason

i dont want to sound rude here but your car is only worth what another person is willing to pay for

So which was it, 59k or 64k?

yes 59K driveaway roof and all

comparison

if it was me

new base model 350 = 59K (4kms on the clock) 2011 build

your F sport 350 = 59K (15K kms on the clock) 2010 build

the fact its got 15K kms on it lets it down

id say if it was under 10K kms would have been much easy to sell

83K is alot for a F sport most people i know pay in the low to mid 70's

The only way I could immagine getting a brand new F Sport for low to mid 70s would be by buying a runout model/last year compliance. Still a brand new car, but it's just been sitting around for a few months.

Theres no way (I don't think) that you'd get one for that price if you were to order one (factory order like I had to) - dealers just don't drop that much off a new car unless they really need to move it.

Regardless, yours is still significantly cheaper than a new one at full RRP - but as stated above, anything is essentially only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Agree, don't get me wrong I appreciate all feedback, whether its good or bad (the honest truth) but I find the claims made above by ilv1004s even harder to believe after his recent contradictory edit. Would be happy to see an invoice and be proven otherwise.

sorry my bad it was 64K

though the original deal was sealed at 59K and i added the moon roof and the perf leather for 5K option

apolgies for that wrote that during working hours so i wasnt full concentrating on it

lol 59k brand new. not even a chance for 350 prestige.

hard to believe.

believe it my friend

yes i did buy it for 64K after adding moon roof etc but originally 59K deal was set but wanted the extras

and it was bought from chatswood lexus and it's a march 2011 build bought in april

we have bought 4 cars from that dealer in the last 5 years

obviosuly i am getting treated far better you are

there are different levels of discount for different customers

Actually - ignoring the fact that repeat buyers can really score themselves a deal - I believe that's rather good value.

IMHO, the problem is that most buyers don't search beyond their own backyard. Even with rarer cars, they are only willing to drive so far. Case in point: If you search for used IS Fs, you will find that those on sale in SA are noticeably cheaper than those in the Eastern states; WA is much cheaper still.

I just looked at carsales very, very quickly. There are 64 IS 350s currently on sale, which is a large enough result to cause some people to restrict their search to their home state. (33 F Sports, but I'd say few will restrict their search by badge.) I note the F Sport with the second best price for the distance travelled is located in ... WA.

This is what redbook says, but I find their prices usually inflated.

Private Price Guide $51,500 - $56,200 * Trade In Price Guide $44,500 - $49,200

By the way, cars just aren't selling. Times are tough!

Ive actually been eyeing out your IS350 dude (Im on PF too :P). Its just over my budget for a car tho (for the nopics). I was looking into the GS for her, but she thinks its too oldmanish..and I cant settle for the 250, because its slow haha...

Its true, yours is the lowest F Sport on Carsales, I been trying to find a cheaper one so I can show you haha

Ive actually been eyeing out your IS350 dude (Im on PF too :P). Its just over my budget for a car tho (for the nopics). I was looking into the GS for her, but she thinks its too oldmanish..and I cant settle for the 250, because its slow haha... Its true, yours is the lowest F Sport on Carsales, I been trying to find a cheaper one so I can show you haha

+1 on the 250 being too slow, and the price difference isn't that big!

I spose I'd really be complaining if I had bought a GS like I originally intended. I was going to buy a near new GS450h which was 79k onroad. Assuming it sold anywhere near RRP new, thats gotta be painful.

I dare say identical to the IS250, since they are both GR series engines.

BTW, I think I remember you from ALSC or Toymods way back in the day... with a pretty awesome IS200 if I recall correctly.

I'll add my 2c into this discussion. I think high 50's for a 2010 F-Sport is a fair price if people were generally paying 83k new for this car. Similar to one of the other posters in this thread, I paid 59k on the road with everything for a 2010 build IS350 prestige in early 2011. This was from an interstate dealer which I had no previous dealings with. Just goes to show what deals are possible with some good negotiation. I think many people would choose a brand new prestige over what is in most peoples eyes a 2 year old F-sport with x amount of km. Add a few k in stamp duty and it ends up more expensive than what I paid new. I think your location in NT plays a large part in it as well. I think most buyers in the eastern states wouldn't consider a car from NT due to the perceived distance. The reality is that people are paying low to mid 70's for new F-sport's these days. Once you consider the stamp duty which will need to be paid on your car, it represents a 10k saving over a new car. I think most people would buy a new one in this case. I think if you've had no bites after a few months, then the market feels that the price is too high. Maybe mid 50s would be a better proposition

• 3 weeks later...

In July-Aug 11 friend got IS350 F-Sport with moonroof and extended warranty. 75k on road.

This is buying from the same Sydney dealer who is a pleasure to deal with. Got 2 cars from them and now planning 3rd purchase. Cannot recommend them highly enough.