Isf Opinions And Difference Pre 2011

blackadder

Hi

Just joined to ask a question, just became aware of the ISF it seems to tick all the boxes, fast, 4 doors, looks ok sounds good and is reliable but there seem to have been some changes made for the 2011 model.

Can someone give me the short story on this ? I don't want to spend quite that much and would go for a 2009 or perhaps 10 but are the changes sigificant enough to warrent spending the extra ???

Thanks in advance.

topic moved

and also go test drive a 2011 and a pre 2011

the difference is not that big but noticeable

usually being the suspension and the LSD

also the updated nav unit

and USB input function

hi

if you can drive both, i have a 2009, and my mate a 2011, both cars are great.

instruments, wheels are a little different, and the 2011 ride is softer .

but again both cars are great, you will not be disappointed in either car

For me, the biggest draw was the LSD. Every performance vehicle must have a LSD IMHO - the electronic braking system just doesn't cut it.

The softer suspension is the icing on the cake. It depends on what you want to do with your ISF - if you're not planning to track it then it won't really make a huge difference.

Saw a new Prestige for $60,000 then I see a new Sport for $82,000 but the engines are the same size so performance would be the same so why the extrra $20,000 ???

?????. I thought you were asking about an ISF.

This question probably belongs in a different forum, IS250/350 forum.

Saw a new Prestige for $60,000 then I see a new Sport for $82,000 but the engines are the same size so performance would be the same so why the extrra $20,000 ???

I was but the question was moved, now realise the is350 is almost as good for a lot less money, so investigating that now.

• 3 weeks later...

I was but the question was moved, now realise the is350 is almost as good for a lot less money, so investigating that now.

Almost as good.......lol

For me, the biggest draw was the LSD. Every performance vehicle must have a LSD IMHO - the electronic braking system just doesn't cut it.

The softer suspension is the icing on the cake. It depends on what you want to do with your ISF - if you're not planning to track it then it won't really make a huge difference.

You know that the McLaren MP4-12 doesn't have a mechanical LSD?

Although I agree with you. I have a 2008 having bought mainly with focus and condition and colour combination I really pine for a LSD. I suppose with the money saved a OS Giken can be bought and fitted.

• 2 weeks later...

You know that the McLaren MP4-12 doesn't have a mechanical LSD?

Although I agree with you. I have a 2008 having bought mainly with focus and condition and colour combination I really pine for a LSD. I suppose with the money saved a OS Giken can be bought and fitted.

Yep it doesn't have a LSD and I am sure it is a rocket but have you ever seen some of those reviews where they have tried to drift the car!!!! The super computer just wont have it.

By the way the LSD come in on the 2010 not 2011, the last of the old dash without LED lights or soft suspension.

For me I wasn't going to buy a 400 BHP rear drive car without a LSD. My previous car was a single wheeler and I missed the sideways action ;)

The pre-LSD ISF can actually drift quite well:

Yes, that video is a German driver saying that the ISF is better than the C63! What next, flying pigs? :-)

After bringing my car to the track, I have discovered how this car handles at the limit. If you enter a corner too hot, it will start to understeer. If you back off the gas or brake, the car will start transitioning to oversteer. If you put power down at that point in time and start to countersteer, it will drift. The car can actually drift very well. This is with stock tyres and stock suspension, obviously if you start putting fatter tyres I'm sure some of that initial understeer will be minimised. I actually really like how it handles, because understeer is easy to get out of, and the power oversteer makes it fun. Having the car in sport mode allows some angle of oversteer before it cuts power, having VDIM off completely makes it a real handful!

I haven't driven a pre-LSD ISF so I don't know how different it will feel putting power out of the corner.

My previous car was an Evo X, while that car is probably faster around corners, it felt too clinical. The ISF is just loads and loads of fun. It makes me smile every time I drive it.

Mine's a 2008 and I find it frustrating when it spins the inside wheel so hard, also sometimes it can surprise you wish snap oversteer. I think the LSD would fix both these traits. Overall great though.