sydney isf tuners who can recommend

bluec63killa

I don't know why dyno operators don't give  true torque figures If you had 706.8NM that would be insane. I've had a few cars tuned  (by different tuners )and its always the same RWK,s are spot on but the torque is way off, enjoy.

love the results man - good for you for going all out!!!

just a question - why dyno in 4th? Isn't 6th gear the truest 1:1

as a rule of thumb our cars read a little higher in 4th. 

not trying to bash at all - just wanting to know the 'method behind the madness'

17 minutes ago, BCHLER said:

love the results man - good for you for going all out!!!

just a question - why dyno in 4th? Isn't 6th gear the truest 1:1

as a rule of thumb our cars read a little higher in 4th. 

not trying to bash at all - just wanting to know the 'method behind the madness'

No idea why sonny tunes in 4th gear . Both tunes he has done is in 4th. To be honest numbers don’t do much for me as long as I feel the car performs better after the tune and is reliable every time I start her up I’m happy 

29 minutes ago, OzzyISF said:

No idea why sonny tunes in 4th gear . Both tunes he has done is in 4th. To be honest numbers don’t do much for me as long as I feel the car performs better after the tune and is reliable every time I start her up I’m happy 

thats exactly right bro - as long as everything is done consistently in the same environment thats the best measure. anyone trying to measure d$$k size by saying 'ohh. mine heaps more powerful can go jump. its YOUR pre results, vs your post results - and what you feel by your bum dyno lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BCHLER said:

thats exactly right bro - as long as everything is done consistently in the same environment thats the best measure. anyone trying to measure d$$k size by saying 'ohh. mine heaps more powerful can go jump. its YOUR pre results, vs your post results - and what you feel by your bum dyno lol

100% agree, unless everyone goes on the same dyno as in a dyno day, comparing is hard.  I always look at my before and after's.  I was watching this space as i got mine tuned same place, just got headers like Ozzy too so a similar path and id expect similar numbers / gains so takes away the guesswork :-)

Still looking around for other potential additional tuners, just to see whats out there.  CPI pop up now and then on searches for a Sydney tuner.  Ive contacted several who have posted good gains with AMG, Audi and the like but im met with the usual "unfortunately we have nothing for your car" which is a shame.  The learning curve would be great if we had more tuning options for our cars.

Ps Mine shows crazy torque figures too, bit embarassing to show mates when they ask as its very high.  I wish it had that kind of torque lol.

2 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

100% agree, unless everyone goes on the same dyno as in a dyno day, comparing is hard.  I always look at my before and after's.  I was watching this space as i got mine tuned same place, just got headers like Ozzy too so a similar path and id expect similar numbers / gains so takes away the guesswork :-)

Still looking around for other potential additional tuners, just to see whats out there.  CPI pop up now and then on searches for a Sydney tuner.  Ive contacted several who have posted good gains with AMG, Audi and the like but im met with the usual "unfortunately we have nothing for your car" which is a shame.  The learning curve would be great if we had more tuning options for our cars.

Ps Mine shows crazy torque figures too, bit embarassing to show mates when they ask as its very high.  I wish it had that kind of torque lol.

Haha I saw that and thought mine didn’t have that high .... his car must pull like nothing else lol

I think the torque atw would be around 450  to 500 . Maybe the 700 number I got on my dyno sheet would possibly state at the engine as the horsepower would be around 550 at the engine I think . 

400hp at the wheels is around 500hp at the engine. so I don't now where those figures are from. 

but as we said, its the feel and the difference between the mods, no the overall final figure. 

glad your happy with it dude. hope to see you in a few weeks time at the cruise

On 28/02/2018 at 9:54 AM, OzzyISF said:

I’ve had mine ran on the dyno more times than I can remember in 4th and 6th and there is sweet fa difference. My tuner uses 4th with mine. Running it up in 6th is kinda pointless as most dynos will be speed maxed before our 6th runs out, also generates aloft more heat and unessesary strain on everything. 

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with 4th gear for a dyno run nowadays.   6th gear is too fast for an ISF on a dyno.  redline in 6th is 270kph, in a dyno room!  the dyno would really be moving.  I would not want to be anywhere near it.   Could you imagine a Bugatti Veyron in 6th on a dyno at over 400kph.  I just don’t think so.

1 hour ago, LTuned said:

Nothing wrong with 4th gear for a dyno run nowadays.   6th gear is too fast for an ISF on a dyno.  redline in 6th is 270kph, in a dyno room!  the dyno would really be moving.  I would not want to be anywhere near it.   Could you imagine a Bugatti Veyron in 6th on a dyno at over 400kph.  I just don’t think so.

yah but John, 1:1 may not be in 6th gear for the Bugatti - it may be 4th, it may be 5th??

as a general recommendation for ANY car, to get the truest reading you want to dyno it in 1:1 

thats not my opinion, thats not any of my mechanic mates or dyno operator opinions, its well documented. 

each to their own - as long as everyone is happy :)

11 hours ago, LTuned said:

270ks on a highway is quite comfortable though 👍

Regarding any other Sydney tuners, not sure if anyone on this forum has had experience with BTA.  Came across a post of theirs about an ISF they tuned a long time ago.  I know each dyno reads different, some more happy than others but they posted that a stock ISF on their dyno was 260kw which was much higher than the dyno mines been on.  I think its closer to about 220-230 at Autowerks for a stock one based on my very first run there and the basic mods i had.

Anyway they installed a "BTA spec exhuast" and a custom tune to achieve 295kw.  The 2 things that came to mind was 35 from a tune and exhaust seemed quite alot (i could be wrong and depends on how modified their spec exhaust is) and what kind of numbers would a full bolt on FBO ISF run.  320?  Ok end result not a big deal but the before and after still was alot.

Anyway asked the question if they tuned any with headers and they just replied "headers give another 8-10kw".  I would of thought more than that???

Screenshot_20180302-084038.thumb.jpg.be949a533b35089eb54da28e5eed3836.jpg

Just exploring options of alternative tuners out there.....

This was a good laugh a few years back. I contacted them back in the day and they were using some gear from chiptorque. Was honest and said that it was constantly getting overridden by the factory ecu. As for the numbers, quite interesting for stock headers 🙄

1 hour ago, 2bling said:

NO piggy  back tune works on the ISF it reverts to the standard tune very quickly,  just have a look a the US forum...

They do when done correctly, I have a plug and play harness with a haltech elite made for mine to run e85.

On 09/03/2018 at 12:30 AM, banserki said:

100% E85? Or a mix?

Full e85, has a flex sensor incorporated into the loom. Just saving it for a rainy day at this stage and see what pump 98 brings me.