Hi,

My car is a 2012 IS350.

I usually drive with the window about 3 centimetres down to let a bit of fresh air in.

Whenever I go over a bump or small pot hole or some road imperfection the glass seems to be a bit loose as if it vibrates a bit; it sounds like glass hitting metal somewhere.

If the window is all the way up or down or even more than half way down, then this does not happen.

I could not find information about this anywhere.

Has anyone else have or had this problem? Any ideas how to tight this up (if possible)?

Many thanks, Ruben

glass on the window regulator is probably lose

if you buy a 2nd hand car you dunno whats been done to it prior to your ownership

door trim has to come off and then the bolts can be accessed from there

On 11/2/2018 at 11:01 AM, ilv1004s said:

glass on the window regulator is probably lose

if you buy a 2nd hand car you dunno whats been done to it prior to your ownership

door trim has to come off and then the bolts can be accessed from there

I took the door trim off and adjusted the 2 bolts that hold the glass. Although they were pretty tight I put another half turn on them.

The noise is still there; apparently less frequently now. I believe the noise comes from the plates touching each other. 

See attached video. I wouldn't have a clue how to quite that down....

I guess I just have to learn how to live with it.

I was expecting a bit more out of a Lexus; I have had a Toyota, a Mazda and a 29 years old Honda, all of them with less rattles that this 2012 30,000K Lexus.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 12:48 AM, Mansoor said:

Open the side panel and tighten the screw should resolve the problem.

Just do not rush the job remove the interior door panel gently without breaking the plastic studs.

Good Luck!!!

Which screw should I adjust?

I had already taken the interior trim out, lifted the internal plastic to access the service hole and adjusted the 2 bolts that hold the glass to the mechanism that lift it. 

Those 2 bolts were quite tight already. I still adjusted them half a turn. That did not solve the problem.

• 3 years later...

Removed the door panel again today. Everything tight. Just cannot see where it rattles from when window is down 30mm or so 😞

A small bit of play in scissor arms but no repeatable noise. Greased everything up again anyway.

Got me beat.