Hey guys

Theres a really good deal for the OEM IS250 bodykit from one of the USA lexus dealers (Sewell Lexus)

The full bodykit consists of three pieces, the front underspoiler, sideskirts and rear underspoiler

The original price for the kit is $1128, and now they are doing a promotion and they have lowered the price to $513.23, which is greater than a 50% discount.

The downside is the shipping cost. It will cost $917.76 to Sydney, regardless of the quantity ordered.

So if a few members are interested in this deal and would like to share the shipping costs, this deal represents a substantial saving to those wishing to purchase a bodykit for the IS250.

Anyone interested in this group buy??

I'm in

Reply if interested!

Gerald

That would be interesting but I just bought a set of illuminated sill plates and was trying to fit it in just now, however, I can't get it light up! Does anyone know why? I have the lights switched to auto-on when doors ajar and have the sill plates both white connectors connected. I'm having the X edition so that's 2007 prestige model.

That would be interesting but I just bought a set of illuminated sill plates and was trying to fit it in just now, however, I can't get it light up! Does anyone know why? I have the lights switched to auto-on when doors ajar and have the sill plates both white connectors connected. I'm having the X edition so that's 2007 prestige model.

I also bought illuminated sill plates from sewell in usa tho mine is 2006 sport which is wired already.

MAKE SURE YOU SET YOUR INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH TO DOOR AND THEY SHOULD WORK BEING YOURS IS A 2007 MODEL.

Hi maehara. I believe that no Australian version of the IS comes with illuminated sill plate, the connectors are "dead". What I did was bring it to a car audio shop and they spliced wires straight from the door illumination light on the lower part of the door. That way, the sill plates will come on just like you wanted. It only took the shop 10 mins to get it done. Hope it was of some help to u :)

Talking about lowering the product cost and increasing the delivery cost.

Overall it isnt too bad i suppose, if you like oem.

My money is saved for rims.... :)

I've done all I can do, now I'll attached a few pictures and I might be suspecting what B_390_LU said maybe right on the prestige and not on the Sports Luxury as I have seen the 08 models with the white ones attached on and the 07 with the blue ones. Even though I really don't want to spend more on labour charges for car audio shops, is there anything else I missed out?

Pictures on a plate attached on the driver's side, a picture of the passenger's side with the connectors connected and still not lit up, a picture of the door turned on to automatic.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3017/255515...46c3c60.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/255516...0da9372.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2358/255516...7191f80.jpg?v=0

Geez...how did a topic which started out about bodykits ended up with door sills??!! Hah! Well Gerald, if you can find more people to get the bodykits, you can certainly count me in!

Geez...how did a topic which started out about bodykits ended up with door sills??!! Hah! Well Gerald, if you can find more people to get the bodykits, you can certainly count me in!

Thanks for a on topic reply mate!!

I mean, even with just two sets purchased, it works out to be under US$980 delivered. And with the high AU$, it will just work out to be just over AU$1000.

At that price, i'm already smiling :lol:

I mean, even with just two sets purchased, it works out to be under US$980 delivered. And with the high AU$, it will just work out to be just over AU$1000.

Hahaha... No worries mate! i recently bought a new IS 250 and i wanted to get the bodykits installed but the salesguy advised me not to get it cos if i did, the additional cost for the bodykit would have been subjected to LCT!!! So yeah... As i've already spent a bomb on the car, i would prefer to bring down the cost of the bodykit as much as possible. $1200AUD is an ideal figure incl shipping.

By the way, in the event if we go ahead with the group purchase, do u have any idea how much it will cost me to get the bodykits installed on my car?

How do you guys do the maths?

917.76 + 513.23 = 1430.99

not "just over $1000".

How about the INGS+1 kit? same price-ish but more aggressive??

not "just over $1000".

Mate, please read my first post. I said the shipping cost will be 917.76, regardless of the quantity purchased. So if one was purchased it will cost 917.76. If SIX was purchased, it will cost 917.76.

If two sets was purchased, it works out to be 917.76 + (2 x 513.23) = 1944.22. $1944.22 between 2 people = US$972.11

If three sets was purchased, it works out to be 917.76 + (3 x 513.23) = 2457.45. $2457.45 between 3 people = US$819.15

Hope this clears things up!

Hahaha... No worries mate! i recently bought a new IS 250 and i wanted to get the bodykits installed but the salesguy advised me not to get it cos if i did, the additional cost for the bodykit would have been subjected to LCT!!! So yeah... As i've already spent a bomb on the car, i would prefer to bring down the cost of the bodykit as much as possible. $1200AUD is an ideal figure incl shipping.

By the way, in the event if we go ahead with the group purchase, do u have any idea how much it will cost me to get the bodykits installed on my car?

I would take my bodykit to my local smash repairers. Since the kit is already painted, and ready to fit. I would say its a 3hour job. The front and sides are really simple, however the rear is more involved.

From memory, my smash repairer charges $60-$70 an hour. I will call them tomorrow to make sure.

The ideal place for installation would probably be a lexus dealership, but their hourly labour rates are close to $100. And i dont think they can get the job done in three hours. Coz they installed my boot spoiler, and it nearly took them 2hours.

not "just over $1000".

Mate, please read my first post. I said the shipping cost will be 917.76, regardless of the quantity purchased. So if one was purchased it will cost 917.76. If SIX was purchased, it will cost 917.76.

If two sets was purchased, it works out to be 917.76 + (2 x 513.23) = 1944.22. $1944.22 between 2 people = US$972.11

If three sets was purchased, it works out to be 917.76 + (3 x 513.23) = 2457.45. $2457.45 between 3 people = US$819.15

Hope this clears things up!

Yes, and if they come sprayed with your color, it's definiately worth it.

So what's the count so far?

Hi,

I'm interested also :)

But would it be ok if I just ordered the Rear Ground Effects kit? I don't mind in pitching in for the shipping cost along with the rest of you, but I kinda just would like to have the Read Grounds effects installed.

Let me know if this is fine.

Hi,

I'm interested also :)

But would it be ok if I just ordered the Rear Ground Effects kit? I don't mind in pitching in for the shipping cost along with the rest of you, but I kinda just would like to have the Read Grounds effects installed.

Let me know if this is fine.

There shouldnt be a problem with that. I think i will soon be finalising the group buy, since there are 4 members interested in this group buy already.

News has it that you can buy individual parts of the kit, the charge then woul be the cost of that part + the sharing of the one off shipping costs?

And yes, please post a date if it's not already finalised Gerald28.

News has it that you can buy individual parts of the kit, the charge then woul be the cost of that part + the sharing of the one off shipping costs?

And yes, please post a date if it's not already finalised Gerald28.

Current members in the Groupbuy and I have decided we will NOT BE taking on additional orders.

This is due to the increased possibilty of custom duties, and making the group buy more complicated.

Gerald