• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Great to finally see this topic started. I can only imagine that there are alot of us interested in sourcing suitable mods locally!

Has anyone lowered their cars yet? (Coilovers or just springs)?

After market wheel options (Lets get some pics happening!!)

Can I say, my first post here! (Hopefully, first of many!!) I hope im not the only one that wants this Australian forum to peak!

Props to cevu for starting it off!!

hey chappy,

where did you get your tanabe exhasut from and how much did it cost you? are u happy with it, i'm thinking of getting that one too, or i can really stretch my budget, than maybe a PTS JoeZ Racing Exhaust.

post-2533-1218014355_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1218014460_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1218014449_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1218014438_thumb.jpg

For anyone interested i'm selling my rims too.

3 in near new condition and one has minor gutter marks. See attached pix.

Comes with 235/40/18 Maxxi MA-V1 tyres. They have had about 14000km of use.

Asking $850.00

Got the exhaust from raceinspired.com in usa.Awsome sound and looks not to loud not to soft perfect very deep sound. happy as larry :D :D :D post some photos over weekend

ALL UP COSTS DELIVERED TO DOOR IN BRISBANE

EXHAUST $545.95 US That price is now around $700

AIR FREIGHT $250 US TO BRISBANE

=$965.49 AUD

PLUS $ 92.62 AUD CARGO TERMINAL OPER. FEE AND APPRAISAL FEE

GRAND TOTAL $ 1058.11 AUD

RACEINSPIRED WEB SITE LEXUS IS250

POSTED IMAGE

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2143/p1010004wv3.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010008fw0.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5595/ta...oftheboxzj4.jpg

No special spanners just 14mm socket and ring spanner undo 2 bolts with the springs and put a bit a soap or lub. on the rubbers and slide the rubbers off

takes about less than 30mins to replace the exhaust really easy

Got the exhaust from raceinspired.com in usa.Awsome sound and looks not to loud not to soft perfect very deep sound. happy as larry :D :D :D post some photos over weekend

ALL UP COSTS DELIVERED TO DOOR IN BRISBANE

EXHAUST $545.95 US That price is now around $700

AIR FREIGHT $250 US TO BRISBANE

=$965.49 AUD

PLUS $ 92.62 AUD CARGO TERMINAL OPER. FEE AND APPRAISAL FEE

GRAND TOTAL $ 1058.11 AUD

RACEINSPIRED WEB SITE LEXUS IS250

POSTED IMAGE

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2143/p1010004wv3.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010008fw0.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5595/ta...oftheboxzj4.jpg

No special spanners just 14mm socket and ring spanner undo 2 bolts with the springs and put a bit a soap or lub. on the rubbers and slide the rubbers off

takes about less than 30mins to replace the exhaust really easy

Looks great and obviously sounds great! I noticed on the CL forum usa that most have gone with that exhaust.

You have definately sold me on it!

Did you have to wait long for delivery?

it's a shame that not many replied though, does that mean we're all driving stock cars :-( ???

Well it seemed that way!! In australia anyway!!

Look, I have only had my IS for 3months. Im sure that im not the only one that has spent countless hours researching the mods that have been done in the US. It be great to generate the same interest and knowledge sharing down under!

Anyone out there have the "WORK" wheels on their ride?? If so, which ones?? (Pics please)!!!

I have the OEM body kit, Lexus F1 wheels, HKS exhaust, K & N air filter and thinking about the F-Sport intake.

At this stage not interested in lowering the car, might go for some suspension enhancements to increase the cornering and stability later on if I keep the car.

I have the OEM body kit, Lexus F1 wheels, HKS exhaust, K & N air filter and thinking about the F-Sport intake.

At this stage not interested in lowering the car, might go for some suspension enhancements to increase the cornering and stability later on if I keep the car.

What profile rubber are you riding on? Did you notice an improvement from the OEM 17's that the sports/Luxury comes out with?

I know that Tanabe and Tein have coil overs that can utilise an on board damper control. But I guess if you go to that extent, you are serious about the handling more so then just appearances!! Over all though, pricing ain`t that bad if you did decide to go that way!

ProjectIS

art76,

how do you find the HKS exhuast? i have spent countless hours listening to clips of tanabe, HKS & Joez exhausts and still can't decide.

from what i've read i heard it has a bit of a drone to it? i'm also keen on this exhaust as Lexus USA fits them as an option at the dealers!

is the K & N a drop in filter or an actual short ram?

What profile rubber are you riding on? Did you notice an improvement from the OEM 17's that the sports/Luxury comes out with?

I know that Tanabe and Tein have coil overs that can utilise an on board damper control. But I guess if you go to that extent, you are serious about the handling more so then just appearances!! Over all though, pricing ain`t that bad if you did decide to go that way!

ProjectIS

I have the 225/40 fronts and 255/40 rears. Same set up as the Sports.

Not really a fan of lowering cars and I like the way the car looks at the moment, just after a bit more firmness, I suppose when you turn in a bit hard so not sure which way to go down with the suspension.

art76,

how do you find the HKS exhuast? i have spent countless hours listening to clips of tanabe, HKS & Joez exhausts and still can't decide.

from what i've read i heard it has a bit of a drone to it? i'm also keen on this exhaust as Lexus USA fits them as an option at the dealers!

is the K & N a drop in filter or an actual short ram?

The HKS isn't very loud. It's only about 2 or 3 decibels above the stock exhaust which what I wanted in an exhaust. I still wanted it to be quiet around town but a bit louder when you gave it some. Also I liked the way it looked over the stock exhaust.

The reason why I got it was because as you said Lexus USA are fitting it as an option.

The K & N is just a drop in filter at the moment. Thinking about the F-Sport intake but not quite sure if I want to spend too much more money on the car.

Intake is just purely for the sound. I've got a fujita short ram, and it's killing my fuel. haha........ only coz i'm continually pushing it just to hear the intake :-)

otherwise if you're just cruising you'll get better milage. i actually average about 6L/100 on the open road, previously it was about 6.5L, not much but still noticable diference. otherwise its about 9.8 in suburbia.

ProjectIS

I have the 225/40 fronts and 255/40 rears. Same set up as the Sports.

Not really a fan of lowering cars and I like the way the car looks at the moment, just after a bit more firmness, I suppose when you turn in a bit hard so not sure which way to go down with the suspension.

Well as u know, the ultimate to achieve that is the after market coil overs. I think thats the way im going to head and plus, if you happy with the look at the moment, atleast you can adjust your ride height when ever you want. ((wise investment I say))!!

The way they split the F-sport stuff up, ie. Individual items, seems a bit "pricey" .!! :blink: Springs, then u gotta get the struts seperate. Don't know.!!

I'm still not sure if I am going to keep the car much longer so I don't want to spend too much $$ for the time being.

Does anyone have the Sports model? I would be curious to know if the suspension is set up any differently in that model.