I am toying with the idea of an IS-F just waiting to see what the price is before deciding.

Me too. I've asked my dealer about pricing a few times already, but he can't seem to get me an answer. Guess we'll just have to wait a few more months and see what happens. I'm probably going to wait for a second or third revision anyway. Let someone else deal with the bugs on a new model for once... ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have you got something else in mind art76? is-F :-)

i too am also curious about the sports suspension. someone please share?

I am toying with the idea of an IS-F just waiting to see what the price is before deciding.

Yeh, have to say me too!!! I would prefer to wait about a year or 2 as I unlike some of you,I have only had the IS for a couple of months. Gotta love the 8 speed though! Rumours from my Lexus sales dude was that it would be around about the $120K - $130K mark!! But what do sales know!! Sorry to all you sales type in our forum!!

But hey, CEVU, need I remind you that this is the IS250 thread!! hehehehe!!

projectis.

i am here to redeem myself and get this thread back on track. :-)

my mods so far!

My current audio setup. Single 12" Boston G5 (8" ML disconnected!) Powered by Pioneer Monoblock

post-2533-1218696795_thumb.jpg

Fujita Short Ram Intake

post-2533-1218696802_thumb.jpg

Same thing but with cover on. I left front cover off as it helps with airflow.

post-2533-1218696807_thumb.jpg

Plastic panel behind grill removed to allow greater airflow

post-2533-1218696813_thumb.jpg

Interior Lights changed to white LEDS. Looks insane at night!

post-2533-1218696827_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1218696832_thumb.jpg

Did i mention i have lighting in my sub box. It's a LED kit that can change colours so i can change the colour to anything. Bit ricey i know but hey..... i can always trun it off.

Actually it is off by default. If i want it on i have to turn it on. Kit is remote controlled. Sub is in sealed enclosure. Double baffle, fibreglassed and dynamatted. Back of box is perspex so you

can see sub. Again a bit ricey but i can always close the armrest.

post-2533-1218696841_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1218696848_thumb.jpg

7" LCD Headrest wired into factory DVD

post-2533-1218696852_thumb.jpg

Sub box with lighting. Looks better at night!

post-2533-1218696857_thumb.jpg

6000K HID Kit

post-2533-1218698003_thumb.jpg

White LED Parkers

post-2533-1218697998_thumb.jpg

plus i have also done the DVD Hack & GPS/Phone Hack.

I have also reversed the shift pattern my tiptronic. Mine is now Up to downshift & Down To go up a gear, Might seem weird to some but i had this in my Mazda6 and this seems more logical to me.

When you put your foot down its more natural to pull back to up a gear.

And on the way i have:

- PTS True Dual IS250/350 Exhaust - Joe Z series (with out cats) http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2921

- Mazzuri Headers

- 18" PDW Nova Wheels

- Some minor lighting mods....... will post when done!

If anyone else has done work on their IS250 please share........

I have the sports model and the sports model is lower and very firm you can just throw the car into corners and stays very flat steering ratio is different as well it can bounce around a lot on our rubbish queensland roads but i love it.

I don't know what the is-f would be like being stiffer again.

projectis.

my mods so far!

My current audio setup. Single 12" Boston G5 (8" ML disconnected!) Powered by Pioneer Monoblock

Fujita Short Ram Intake

Did i mention i have lighting in my sub box. It's a LED kit that can change colours so i can change the colour to anything. Bit ricey i know but hey..... i can always trun it off.

Actually it is off by default. If i want it on i have to turn it on. Kit is remote controlled. Sub is in sealed enclosure. Double baffle, fibreglassed and dynamatted. Back of box is perspex so you

6000K HID Kit

White LED Parkers

I have also reversed the shift pattern my tiptronic. Mine is now Up to downshift & Down To go up a gear, Might seem weird to some but i had this in my Mazda6 and this seems more logical to me.

And on the way i have:

- PTS True Dual IS250/350 Exhaust - Joe Z series (with out cats) http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2921

- Mazzuri Headers

- 18" PDW Nova Wheels

Cevu, yes, you have redeemed yourself and have got this thread back on track quite nicely!!

Well done with the post by the way!

How long have you had your car for! You have done a fair bit to it and I can definately now see that you ain't detered by the warranty issues. Well done mate!

Did you get the HIDS from sewells? Always liked the look! Were you happy with the quality of the lights?

(I can't believe you modded the ML system. I love the balance from the stock standard setup, how does yours sound now? Obviously thumps with the 12"!)

Have you seen the guy on CL thats spending about $26k US on his system! They absolutely guttered the interior to get all the added wiring through! Oh yeh, he was also getting 2 NOS bottles installed! Can't remember if they were 75s!

projectis.

my mods so far!

Fujita Short Ram Intake

6000K HID Kit

White LED Parkers

And on the way i have:

- Mazzuri Headers

- 18" PDW Nova Wheels

Cevu, yes, you have redeemed yourself and have got this thread back on track quite nicely!!

Well done with the post by the way!

How long have you had your car for! You have done a fair bit to it and I can definately now see that you ain't detered by the warranty issues. Well done mate!

Did you get the HIDS from sewells? Always liked the look! Were you happy with the quality of the lights?

(I can't believe you modded the ML system. I love the balance from the stock standard setup, how does yours sound now? Obviously thumps with the 12"!)

Have you seen the guy on CL thats spending about $26k US on his system! They absolutely guttered the interior to get all the added wiring through! Oh yeh, he was also getting 2 NOS bottles installed! Can't remember if they were 75s!

wow, 26K, thats a lot of coin! have you got the link for this...... i'd like to check it out!

i'm not fussed with warranty issues, i just wanted a car that i could enjoy entirely. besides, all modifications were researched, and checked before being done to minimize any risk involved!

HID kit is just a kit i got off ebay for about 90 or so dollars. not that much. surprisingly the quality of the kit is quite good. i've had it for 2+ years and it hasn't skipped a beat. and it gets quite a work out coz i've got it on auto so it goes on and off a couple of times each trip going in and out of carparks, tunnels etc...... Having HIDS is one of the first mods you have to get. absolutely night and day difference. once you go HID you will never go back!

had the car since it first came out so had plenty of time to fiddle around. it was really hard for me coz i got the car so new and there was no support in oz so i always had to double check the US info to make sure it would work on my car.

in regards to the sound it wasn't designed to thump. i tuned it so the bass is more complete, with added depth and definition. wasn't after the doof doof effect. i'm more in quality rather than quanity (loud!) besides, can you imagine a lexus rolling along with doof doof, thats so wrong......! the bass is the only thing i've added, (sub and amp!) the cabin still has all the original ML speakers less the centre speaker. dynamat and diffusers were added to improve the ML speakers. it sounds better now, IMHO. basically all i've got is an ML with deeper bass and slightly better midbass/midrange.

Does anyone know when/if the F-sport parts will be brought into Australia? I dropped into the local dealership here in Perth to ask and pretty much got dumbfounded looks when I enquired about the parts!

Thanks cevu - the hope of decent mods without voiding the warranty sounded good, but I guess it's the waiting game for now... would love to get a new exhaust/air filter, and was hoping the F-sport brakes (not the ceramics) would fit in the 18" LF1 rims.

i have a mate who can get me F sport parts..

and yes i do have a whole list of Part numbers for F sport :D

i think im the only 1 with an F sport intake atm !! :D

for those who are interested Lexus Chatswood can get aftermarket parts for the IS.

dropped in today and they've got an IS250 with 19" TOM's sheels, TOM's bodykit & exhaust. It looks unreal.....

Its for sale too:

$65K, Prestige w/ Enhancement Pack, 4400kms 2007 Model Black w/ Cream Interior.

i would definitely buy if i didn't have one already! The wheels alone are $10K.

Speak to Graham Cree for those who are interested!

• 2 weeks later...

To add to the discussion, here r some pics of my IS250 Sport Luxury. So far I have added

* WALD ground effects kit all round

* Modifed grille as I like the top to match the bottom.

* White LED's throughout including puddles

* DVD/GPS/phone hack

* Rear LED lights are ordered

Next is some white wheels when I find some good ones. I haven't added any engine mods yet but I am keen to get a short ram intake.

Off to a good start, I hope u all agree ??

post-2159-1220347381_thumb.jpg

post-2159-1220347391_thumb.jpg

To add to the discussion, here r some pics of my IS250 Sport Luxury. So far I have added

* DVD/GPS/phone hack

Next is some white wheels when I find some good ones. I haven't added any engine mods yet but I am keen to get a short ram intake.

the front of the kit looks good, not feeling the rear though. sorry to say this but that grill is an absolute eyesore to me. don't think it suits the luxury sports look of the car. bit too bling bling for my taste.

lights would look awesome on your white car, perfect match.

again, don't take offence to my post, it's just my opinion. not trying to bag you out. obviously its something you take pride in so at the end of the day if you're happy with it thats all that counts!

oh yeah, have seen you around. was that you this morning on hume why heading towards liverpool?

I want to get the darkest legal tint on my IS250 SL. Was wondering if it will have any negative impact on the radio reception.

Also anyone know of a place in perth to mod the satnav/dvd to work while driving? I do long trips with my partner, who would love to watch a movie going down south to margaret river.

I want to get the darkest legal tint on my IS250 SL. Was wondering if it will have any negative impact on the radio reception.

Also anyone know of a place in perth to mod the satnav/dvd to work while driving? I do long trips with my partner, who would love to watch a movie going down south to margaret river.

if its just the dvd hack you want then its quite easy to do yourself seeing how it voids your warranty regardless of who does it. might as well do it yourself and save the cash. i've was originally quoted 150.00 in sydney to do that mod. upon doing that mod i found i could do it about 15 minutes or less next time around. it's just removing the centre console, and grounding one red wire on the harness. if you need help pm me and i'll be happy to help you out. had you been in sydney i would have done it for you!

Yeah, that's me on the Hume Hwy every morning.....

Bugger, now I'm spotted I might have to come to the carwash/BBQ....

Suggestion 3-

We could always do a "run" down the coast to a coffee shop !! e.g. Blackbird Cafe at Berrima ??

* DVD/GPS/phone hack

the front of the kit looks good, not feeling the rear though. sorry to say this but that grill is an absolute eyesore to me. don't think it suits the luxury sports look of the car. bit too bling bling for my taste.

again, don't take offence to my post, it's just my opinion. not trying to bag you out. obviously its something you take pride in so at the end of the day if you're happy with it thats all that counts!

oh yeah, have seen you around. was that you this morning on hume why heading towards liverpool?

Yeah, that's me on the Hume Hwy every morning.....

Bugger, now I'm spotted I might have to come to the carwash/BBQ....

Suggestion 3-

We could always do a "run" down the coast to a coffee shop !! e.g. Blackbird Cafe at Berrima ??

* DVD/GPS/phone hack

where did you get your body kit from and how much did it set you back?