Hi, I thought the brake dust on my 19" AMG wheels on my merc made a lot of dust, but nothing compared to the new IS250.

They are 17" wheels OEM sports luxury with 10 spokes and a pain to clean.

Anyone know of a good brake dust product that maybe reduces it 'sticking' to the wheel otherwise I'll be forever cleaning the front wheels (or not using the brakes :) )

Hi, I thought the brake dust on my 19" AMG wheels on my merc made a lot of dust, but nothing compared to the new IS250.

Anyone know of a good brake dust product that maybe reduces it 'sticking' to the wheel otherwise I'll be forever cleaning the front wheels (or not using the brakes :) )

i have the same problem and raised my concern with chatswood. they said there is nothing they can do although they have had the same complaint from many other customers.

there is a technical service bulletin for new replacement brake pads that correct the problem in the states but chatswood said it doesn't apply in australia.

is someone able to clarify this?

i have the same problem and raised my concern with chatswood. they said there is nothing they can do although they have had the same complaint from many other customers.

there is a technical service bulletin for new replacement brake pads that correct the problem in the states but chatswood said it doesn't apply in australia.

is someone able to clarify this?

link to my.is thread http://my.is/forums/f122/lexus-is250-brake-pad-tsib-328159/

L_BR002_06.pdf

well apparently all OEM is250 pads do that

only option u can go to reduce the dust is to get after market stuff..

i find the OEM lexus pads too soft anywayz and they seem to fade on hard long braking

As ilv1004s mentioned, the IS's do have a soft compound pad. Problem is, its generally going to be a trade off. Either the pads preferentially wearing or your rotors! You could imagine to keep servicing costs down, Lexus opted towards the pads wearing first. Also keeps the break noise down. No doubt there would be a compromise out there in the after market world. Unless I were upgrading my rotors, and I were happy with the breaking, I would stick to the pain of cleaning the rim. (And I guess if you were upgrading the rotors, and stopping on a dime were important, you would get some 6 pots on anyways!! Where do you stop).!!!

Don't know if you have tried it, but I utilise the high pressure gun for the rims and it absolutely works a treat. If i've left it too long before a wash, I might spray a bit of diluted truck wash on first!!! It generally still comes off really easy with out having to get ya fingers in!! Thats what I do anyway!! ;)

i find the OEM lexus pads too soft anywayz and they seem to fade on hard long braking

Brake fade?!?! Who you race'n??? <_<

Mate, I look forward to meet'n ya!!!

Brake fade?!?! Who you race'n??? <_<

Mate, I look forward to meet'n ya!!!

lol coming from a evo 8 and gtr's as my last cars

i do take the car hard some times lol

sees abit of twisties everyknow and then.

I got the same response from my Adelaide dealer. :angry:

I think it's fairly common for OEM pads to be honest. I had the same problem with my 350Z before I bought the IS. My solution was to instruct Nissan to never touch my brakepads again. The money I save on my servicing went towards getting Brakes Plus to service my brakes, including the nice dustless Bendix pads made exclusively for them. Never had a problem with brake dust after that.

I took the car down to eastern creek and tested the car out in all aspect, these are my opinions.

2007 sports luxury

*brake pads definitely can be better, if you guys have a look at the brake disc (though the car is only NA) ... i would expect it should have at lease a bigger brake disc / 4 pistons for the price tag. Just changed to a set of aftermarket brake pads for a cheap solution.

*suspension is pretty good for road use, obviously would be better with a set of coil over with -1 to 2 degree camber at rear for road use, chassis balance and handling are better then i thought for OEM.

*seats needs to be more "buckle up" even for road use, i was swinging myself left to right baddd when i was drifting.

*need more responsive power even though its only a VVTi engine. Not enough torque to do a continous drift, on both low and high rev are pretty disappointing (would like to see the dyno graph but not gonna do it on this car)

*VSC works pretty well, obviously more fun by disabling in wet weather (hold onto traction control for 5 secs)

*tyres grip pretty good in both wet and dry, thats what you will get from sport maxx anyway =)

*functionality wise you get what you paid for in a luxury model, can't think of any other cars which have all the electonics stuff, functions etc but lower price.

I hate it so much now that i never wash why wheels. No point really.

I hate dirty wheels more than cleaning them, so I'll keep cleaning mine. :blink:

These are easier to clean than the ones on my previous car, which also made as much dust, so I'm better off actually. :P

I hate it so much now that i never wash why wheels. No point really.

I hate dirty wheels more than cleaning them, so I'll keep cleaning mine. :blink:

These are easier to clean than the ones on my previous car, which also made as much dust, so I'm better off actually. :P

Yeah...go with Bendix!! no more dust brake..

I just wanted to express my sincere sympathy to your problem as it is mine also. :unsure:

I have an IS200 with OEM disks and pads and it’s really annoying to wash my car, wax it and then the other day everything to be shiny except my –otherwise beautiful :wub: - black from dust rims.

I haven’t found a solution except… keep cleaning my wheels a lot more often than the rest of the car

It go so bad at one point that I was tempted to purchase some nice charcoal/carbon-coloured rims, just so it wouldn't look so obvious. I probably wouldn't even mind as much if it was evenly applied to all four wheels, but my front wheels always get dirtier quicker.

Nevertheless, I tend not to clean them so often, especially near service time. When the dealer rep picked up my car last time, he commented on the state of my rims, to which I replied that it was Lexus' fault for OEMing such crap pads and I figured they could be the ones to clean them for me. Not sure how he felt about that - Lexus seem to be pretty good at training their reps to be unemotional with customers.

I think there is an earlier post on this issue.....Nothng you can do about it. Its typical of cars with higher performance pads. You see it with all the Euro makes (BM, Merc, Audi etc.) Not saying its a good thing - its bloody annoying.

Ive tried all sorts of things, including those expensive spray on cleaners etc. The best solution for me is do a dry clean once a week (just wipe off with an old rag or paper towel, and wear gloves!).

Its typical of cars with higher performance pads.

I'm not entirely convinced on that point. My Z was the Track model, so had the Brembo calipers. The pads Brakes Plus put on were just as good as the OEMs. At the time, the guy told me that the pads were based on the Bendix "Ultimate" range and generated very little, if any, dust.

I guess Bendix's "Street Road Track" range would probably generate some dust, but I didn't need to go that high on the performance scale - the ones I got were a good compromise in between.

Its typical of cars with higher performance pads.

I'm not entirely convinced on that point. My Z was the Track model, so had the Brembo calipers. The pads Brakes Plus put on were just as good as the OEMs. At the time, the guy told me that the pads were based on the Bendix "Ultimate" range and generated very little, if any, dust.

I guess Bendix's "Street Road Track" range would probably generate some dust, but I didn't need to go that high on the performance scale - the ones I got were a good compromise in between.

than you can all appreciate my choice of aftermarket wheels! five simple spokes and black inset. takes about a minute to wipe down all 4, :-)

post-2533-1221194272_thumb.jpg