Any Advice? Cleaning Hard Plastic Door Trims On Is 350?

Hi all

If am trying to clean the door trims and the front of the glove box in my new IS 350. The hard black (matt) plastic seems to become marked if you brush your arm across it etc and it ends up looking scuffed. Have tried a microfiber cloth and that doesn't clear it. THought someone else may have an answer as I am loathed to try AmourAll etc.

Any suggest ins wil be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

+1 again for Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer.

I cleaned my entire interior with it a few days ago. Doesn't leave any slimy or shiny residue (like ArmorAll) and removed the marks you mention.

• Like 1

Be VERY CAREFUL with Armorall, or any similiar product as on contact with some perspex areas (notably the stereo + A/C displays on the standard non-EMV centre console as well as the perspex in front of the instrument cluster) will go cloudy if not wiped off immediately.

Armorall is fine for the hard opaque plastics around the interior like door openings for example.

I actually use a very light silicon spray (spray on cloth then rub, not directly on dash) for the rubber dash area and rubberised areas on top of doors etc.. which works well.

+1 again for Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer.

I cleaned my entire interior with it a few days ago. Doesn't leave any slimy or shiny residue (like ArmorAll) and removed the marks you mention.

Hi i have tried the Mequiars quick interior detailer and i cant say it got rid of my marks of my door trims . It did make my dash look alot better than what it was before .

yeah something i have notice as well, the door trims will get dirty quickly...i get kinda light white'ish fingerprint marks...dunno why...always wondered why :huh: just been using regular interior cleaner and it works fine for me.

Only thing is it doesn't last that way for long before fingerprint marks appear again (not the same ones)..