My is250 needs it's 90k service done.

Quoted $1250 by the dealers here in Melbourne.

Found out that a major cost of that are the spark plugs which are charged at $70/plug (denso) which i think is absurd.

Do you guys know whether there is an NGK plug and the part number that will suit our is250's?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I just had the 90k service done and paid that amount plus an extra 100bux approx for the fuel injector clean. Done at Blackburn lexus, was slightly cheaper than Melbourne lexus.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was quoted $60-$70 a plug for my ISF... x8. so that $560 for my plugs, However from Miami Lexus I'm getting the 8 for $114, plus 20 postage.!

Thats cheap! So are you planning to supply that to the Lexus dealer for service? Would they do that, allow you to bring your own parts? Coz damn I would have saved heaps!

Was quoted $60-$70 a plug for my ISF... x8. so that $560 for my plugs, However from Miami Lexus I'm getting the 8 for $114, plus 20 postage.!

Thats cheap! So are you planning to supply that to the Lexus dealer for service? Would they do that, allow you to bring your own parts? Coz damn I would have saved heaps!

Well provided you told them you was supplying your own parts and they were the correct parts, then i can't see why not.

I got quoted $1265 for new pads, and rotor machine on my ISF.. I got better pads then stock for $330 , and the rotor machine for free. from a mate who owns a brake shop.!

Pays to shop around.

Well provided you told them you was supplying your own parts and they were the correct parts, then i can't see why not.

I got quoted $1265 for new pads, and rotor machine on my ISF.. I got better pads then stock for $330 , and the rotor machine for free. from a mate who owns a brake shop.!

Pays to shop around.

Or fit them your self.!

• 1 year later...

does anyone here know what the complete list of things Lexus dealerships do at a 90k service? I would like to try find out everything they do so i can get it done elsewhere

Pretty good, ? dude you got owned.!

The plugs for my ISF from the states, cost me $130 ish to my door from Lexus of Miami., Lexus service wanted $75 a plug , then $110 a hour to fit them , I Fitted them in around a hour and saved the money for more Mods.

Fitting plugs aint hard, and it pays to shop around

Richie

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine from eBay. They are genuine denso plugs which only set me back for around $90AUD delivered (see following link):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6PC-Genuine-DENSO-Spark-Plug-Set-Iridium-Long-Life-OEM-for-GS350-IS250-IS350-/160794989281?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257020d2e1&_uhb=1

You get the 6 you need and not the higher price tag which you can do without!

Edit: That said, has anyone made a DIY for spark plug changes? I've been wanting to try it myself but have been told taking the exhaust manifold off will mean needing to put a new gasket on the damn thing which kinda turned me off...