Thought so, I was just looking at those last night. How were the shipping costs? I'm still undecided between those or moving to Bendix pads with dba rotors (or similar), id prefer to stay with genuine parts though.

Did you get slotted rotors? How much did you pay for the front pads + rotors? What about replacing the fitting and shim kits? Cant find a quote on correct dba rotors.

Also Does anyone know a cheaper method to getting OEM low dust pads, $580 postage from Sewells seems a bit much..

Did you get slotted rotors? How much did you pay for the front pads + rotors? What about replacing the fitting and shim kits? Cant find a quote on correct dba rotors.

Also Does anyone know a cheaper method to getting OEM low dust pads, $580 postage from Sewells seems a bit much..

You could probably get bendix all round and dba slotted rotors all round for that price at a local place fitted. I think it cost my dad bout 600 couple of months ago on his.

Does anyone know a cheaper method to getting OEM low dust pads, $580 postage from Sewells seems a bit much..

I split postage cost with Atlantis when we bought a set each but we didn't use Sewells' expensive Fedex express international courier - we relied only on their US domestic postage to a 3rd party who then sent it to us via relatively cheap USPS.

If I was buying a set now, I would buy them direct from Japan through Amayama for ~ $185 delivered

http://www.amayama.com/search/?q=04465%E2%80%9353030&cur=AUD

I've bought a few other OEM IS250 parts through Amayama recently and can highly recommend them - cheaper and sometimes quicker than ordering through a local Lexus dealer.

• 3 months later...

Hi Manny,

I'm interested in your experience (or anyone else's) with these brake pads ...

If I was buying a set now, I would buy them direct from Japan through Amayama for ~ $185 delivered

http://www.amayama.c...9353030&cur=AUD

I know that mine are going to require replacement at the next service ... and aside from the constant problem that I have with dust (the wheels are dirty after a couple of days of driving, and filthy after two weeks) ... the dust also creates squealing in the brakes, so I'm keen to get something that solves the problem.

How have you found the replacement Lexus pads..? My dealer (Lexus of Brighton) told me that sometimes they can't get products like these brake pads: they didn't check to confirm whether this was the case, but rather made a comment when I raised the issue of alternative pads to resolve the dust/squealing problems.

And just to be sure, it is part number 04465-53030 that you've ordered/fitted..?

Cheers,

David

Hi Manny,

I'm interested in your experience (or anyone else's) with these brake pads ...

http://www.amayama.c...9353030&cur=AUD

I know that mine are going to require replacement at the next service ... and aside from the constant problem that I have with dust (the wheels are dirty after a couple of days of driving, and filthy after two weeks) ... the dust also creates squealing in the brakes, so I'm keen to get something that solves the problem.

How have you found the replacement Lexus pads..? My dealer (Lexus of Brighton) told me that sometimes they can't get products like these brake pads: they didn't check to confirm whether this was the case, but rather made a comment when I raised the issue of alternative pads to resolve the dust/squealing problems.

And just to be sure, it is part number 04465-53030 that you've ordered/fitted..?

Cheers,

David

Hi David

I'm very happy with these pads and I'm surprised they don't come as standard to avoid the dust issue.

I prefer the marginally firmer and more progressive pedal feel with these pads over the original dusty ones.

04465-53030 is the correct part number.

cheers

if anyone else is interested,

part number for slotted DBA rotors: DBA2726SL (left) $161

DBA2726SL (right) $161

brake pads - Bendix General CT P-DB1852GCT $125 a set

K

Hi Manny,

Hi David

I'm very happy with these pads and I'm surprised they don't come as standard to avoid the dust issue.

I prefer the marginally firmer and more progressive pedal feel with these pads over the original dusty ones.

cheers

Since I'm going to replace all the brake pads (front and rear) at once, is part 04465-53030 suitable for the front pads only (this where the biggest problem is with brake dust) or can the same part (04465-53030) be used to the replace rear brake pads as well?

I've taken a look at the Japanese website in the link above, but it seems the pads are out of stock. Seems that they are freely available in the US, but no one wants to ship here. Would you know if they are available locally ... or where else I can source them at reasonable cost? The Bendix pads look to be a good alternative from a cost point of view!

Hi dajaja,

DBA2726SL (right) $161

K

Can the Bendix pads you've mentioned above (Bendix General CT P-DB1852GCT $125 a set) be used instead of the genuine Lexus pads (04465-53030)? Is the price is AUD$125? Would you have a suggestion or recommendation for where to source them...?

Cheers,

David

Hi Juzblasze,

David it would definitely suit your car. Check this link out: http://www.bendix.co...=&oepart=∂=

I might get these as well, but was just wondering if it would fit on a 2011 model? since it says 2006 - 2008.

Thanks for the information: I don't know whether I'm comfortable buying the product, but appears to answer the question as to whether or not the front and rear pads are the same (they are different), so I'll make an enquiry about ordering the Lexus pads from the US. I don't know where to buy the Bendix pads (I'm really not very technical with cars, I just like the style/features of the IS250), so I may as well order the Lexus ones since I've found where I can get the in the US.

Cheers,

David

Hi Manny,

Hi David

cheers

Since I'm going to replace all the brake pads (front and rear) at once, is part 04465-53030 suitable for the front pads only (this where the biggest problem is with brake dust) or can the same part (04465-53030) be used to the replace rear brake pads as well?

I've taken a look at the Japanese website in the link above, but it seems the pads are out of stock. Seems that they are freely available in the US, but no one wants to ship here. Would you know if they are available locally ... or where else I can source them at reasonable cost? The Bendix pads look to be a good alternative from a cost point of view!

Hi dajaja,

DBA2726SL (right) $161

K

Can the Bendix pads you've mentioned above (Bendix General CT P-DB1852GCT $125 a set) be used instead of the genuine Lexus pads (04465-53030)? Is the price is AUD$125? Would you have a suggestion or recommendation for where to source them...?

Cheers,

David

Hi David, I got the quote for pads and rotors from SuperCheap Autos in Brisbane. AUD$125 for the set. most automotive stores stock Bendix products.

David it would definitely suit your car. Check this link out: http://www.bendix.co...=&oepart=∂=

I might get these as well, but was just wondering if it would fit on a 2011 model? since it says 2006 - 2008.

JUZBLAZE

the rotor's and pads I quote can fit a 2011 IS250.

Kev